All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:27 pm

Post subject: total wargamer and mini war gaming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:41 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey everyone,
Because of GW's high prices and the good AUS dollar at the moment my friend and I have been looking around for alternate places to buy GW products.

At the moment we've found 2 websites total wargamer and mini war gaming. I had a quick scan of the sit but didn't see anything about these sights. I was just wondering if anybody has bought stuff from either of these places before and if they have good international postage and stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: total wargamer and mini war gaming
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:05 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have ordered with total wargamer before and everything went fine. He even messaged me and asked what to do with the spraying can I ordered: he can't ship that overseas. I asked if a refund for that product was available and it was. IIRC the shipping wasnt that fast, but wasn't slow either.
Another site I can recommend you is http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/, free shipping above a certain amount (I thought it was something like 10 pounds). I order everything I need from this site since I've known it ;)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:45 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've ordered stuff off mini wargaming and had no problems at all.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:41 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I assume you are referring to http://www.totalwargamer.co.uk/
I have ordered from them, and had a very good service at a great price. In these times of wage cuts, lousy savings returns and governments and bankers bleeding the rest of us dry, it is nice to get a bit of discount and friendly service from people who share an interest in the gaming and modelling aspects of our hobby.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think you left someone out Dorth, didn't you mean:
Dorthonion wrote:
...lousy savings returns and governments, bankers and Games Workshop bleeding the rest of us dry...

It's a pity GW don't seem to share an interest in the gaming and modelling aspects of our hobby. :-X

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:10 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks everybody,
Both sites looked legit. Just wanted to make shore that my stuff would turn up intact and less then a year later.

So yeah, thanks :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I would AVOID them as I do now. They have NO customer Service at all! Takes them 3 days to answer emails, if at all, the phone rings and rings, no one picks up and they obviously do not stock items they sell, as they take weeks to dispatch stuff. Even worse they don't acknowledge receipt of payments, order cancellations take an eternity, if at all, and they don't refund your money even when they have acknowledged the cancellation. BAD NEWS OUTFIT. They won't be around for long the way they are going. POOR, VERY POOR INDEED!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I would AVOID them as I do now. They have NO customer Service at all! Takes them 3 days to answer emails, if at all, the phone rings and rings, no one picks up and they obviously do not stock items they sell, as they take weeks to dispatch stuff. Even worse they don't acknowledge receipt of payments, order cancellations take an eternity, if at all, and they don't refund your money even when they have acknowledged the cancellation. BAD NEWS OUTFIT. They won't be around for long the way they are going. POOR, VERY POOR INDEED!
Fredwidge wrote:
Hey everyone,
Because of GW's high prices and the good AUS dollar at the moment my friend and I have been looking around for alternate places to buy GW products.

At the moment we've found 2 websites total wargamer and mini war gaming. I had a quick scan of the sit but didn't see anything about these sights. I was just wondering if anybody has bought stuff from either of these places before and if they have good international postage and stuff like that.

Thanks in advance.