All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm

Post subject: Fate of Middle Earth
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 2:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi there,
I’m an Admin on a relative new site called http://www.fateofmiddleearth.com .
Our Site is small if you consider how many members there are on it. And here comes the reason for that: It’s because we’re new, get it ;).

Our site is very flexible and we’re focusing on more than just the forums, we want everybody we can get that is interested in our way to handle the LOTRSBG.
On our site you can write articles, have your own gallery and we’re planning very interesting things in the future, for instance:
Once we’ve reached our goal to have 100 members on the site, we’ll make one of the biggest competitions in SBG history (I’ve posted that in a thread on our forum).
We do everything to please our members as well as we’re able to, and one of our goals that we have achieved is to have a very beautiful design.
And btw, one of my favourite parts is that you will be able to have every race’s own theme. But we want to share our interest on our site with more people, and if we’re going to make all nice things in the future that we want, then we must have a reason.
The reason is YOU my friend, so please check it out on the link above,

Don’t forget to give me feedback and ask questions if I’ve been unclear

/Best regards
Il Rico
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:11 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

cool site, i like the way its set up that you can jump straight to an article depending on what race it has to do with, its also cool that you have a weekly quiz, i'm considering joining

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:42 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Good that you like it Eru :D. It seems to me though that too few of you guys have noticed our site, there's pretty much more there now since the last post by Eru was made. Please drop in and look for yourselves, Even if we only get a few members more, that would make us so happy :D. Because it feels like our ideas arn't shared with as many as we would like.
I could of course bring my articles up here on TOR, but the feeling to have an own site with own things makes it worth to try to make it big, before making another big site bigger... :)
Best Regards, Me and Il Rico
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:42 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I will make a few design comments if you don't mind, feel free to ignore me totally, it's only my opinion and hey .. what does a goblin know ;-)

I have a problem with a resizing issue for your site. I'm using Mozilla Firefox, I don't know if that's the reason, but I have to scroll right to see the Control Panel. You might want to look at making sure it resizes nicely to make it more user friendly.

Nice and friendly green colours makes for an easy read on first glance, but I'm not sure all the colours go together as you explore more of the site. Again this is a totally subjective view, but to me a simplification of the number of colours used might give a more coherent look. For example, one of the colours seems very vivid (author / last post column) which spoils the overall look on that page for me.

It's always an adventure setting off with a site, good look with it :-)

Azog

Forum Guidelines
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25260
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:58 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Good site so far, we don't get a 'real' site that much. Mostly members are showing their forum, which is good as well, but a full site with articles and stuff requires more work. Applause for that!

Secondly, I'm with my old friend Azog (although he's a Goblin). I as well have little right of speaking, it's just my advice/opinion. The fact that I make websites for good money doesn't matter :P

Azog has to scroll for the control panel because he might be using a 800x600 resolution (screensize). Make sure you're site is viewable for all kind of viewers. You can make it active, meaning that the contents will get smaller/bigger according to the visitor's sreen. Once the viewer has 1024x765 or more you can center the whole lay-out. Always a nicer view on bigger screens.

If that's not the problem there's a problem with different browsers like FireFox indeed. Alywas check this regularly, IE6, IE7 and FireFox are the most popular ones, make sure someone who uses one of these can view your site in a proper way.

The Green colours are good, they don't pick your eyes - but it's a little bit too much. Try a different background colour, a greyish tone could be nice for example...

But all together, great site! The two things above are totally minor!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Ok thanks for the feedback, I will speak with Il rico about the things you don't like, and we should also make people with firefox see the same things as on the internet explorer. I can't see what you see on firefox since I have the latest internet explorer, but if you don't like the colours, you can actually change the "theme" on your profile if you're a member(into gondor, isengard or Fome.com, and soon Mordor and High elves). Maybe we should change the original colour sheme from Wood Elves into Gondor since you don't seem to like it so much :?
Thanks again for your opinons/
Oscar :D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

i think it's a great site, and i'm registering as we type!

rock on

doopy 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:52 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Hey guys i signed up other day, great site, love the quizes :lol:

thanks,

jake

Last edited by Red Corsairs on Tue May 06, 2008 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I just want to say thank you to everyone that has registered that came from here, I can't believe that you post both here on TOR and FOME :?.
Thanks again for registering and making our site one inch bigger :D.
Cheers

Oscar :D
 Post subject: Competition!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 5:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

If anyone is interested FOME is having a evil mini painting competition. We would be very happy if members who are (reasonably) active would take part. Also there is a 'honourable' prize which even the mods don't know about...

The deadline is the 5th of February. More information will be up on the site soon. If you are even slightly interested please come along and take part :) There are also a few new features to FOME such as 'The Forge', A 'Task list' and 'The Monthly Quiz' which are available to all members!

For more go here: http://www.fateofmiddleearth.com/forum/index.php

Thanks for reading :)
RTW
[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:55 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Just a few updates from the Moderating team of Fate of Middle Earth.

The following weeks will see the improvement of Fate of Middle Earth as the Administrators have been busy getting a lot of work done to improve the website even more. Some of the new things that will be added to the website include:

New themes
New Items for sale in the Forge
New style Photo Gallery
New Task Rank images
New Competitions coming soon

And more! We would much appreciate it if anyone with the spare time or anyone who is remotely interested in the site or any of these things would pop along to Fate of Middle Earth and become a part of our active a freindly community.

For more information on updates to come, there is THIS thread from Fate of Middle Earth

Thanks you all very much for listening,

Jake

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 4:44 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

An Announcement from the Team at Fate of Middle Earth!

The next competition will be a diorama competition!

There will be prizes involved for 1st, 2nd and 3rd! Not just Hero Points either! Prizes will include Games Workshop boxed sets and blisters! So don't miss out ;)!

A Qoute from Iluvatar the Administrator:

Quote:
Hereby we announce that a new painting competition is open. It has to be a diorama and the Deadline is July the 10th.

You decide a scene from the movies and make it into a masterpiece and we hope to get a lot of entries. The Prizes will be GW models. 1st Prize will get a boxed set and 2nd and 3rd prize will get blister packs. The things that the judges look at is:

How you have painted your models.

The terrain in the diorama and how it's painted.

The Idea- If you are creative and make a diorama that no one has ever made before you, then your entry will have a greater chance to win.

Conversions are also nice to see in dioramas.

Good Luck!

/Oscar

For more information, check 'The Competition Thread' on 'Fate of Middle Earth'.

Thanks,

Jake!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

That might be just the incentive I need to get off my behind and paint Lotr again.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 1:46 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Nice to hear Hawkmoon :D , I would like to see a diorama from you because I think that you're a very skilfull painter!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:35 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Dang, now there's no hope for me :wink: . Good to hear Tim, should be good to see you getting back into painting LOTR :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 7:06 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I have a couple of ideas forming in my head, I just need to find the right minis and make a few sketches and then I can make a start. I have nearly finished my current mini so should be able to start soon.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 8:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Wow this thread began way back in Feb 07 but this is the first i have seen of it. Looking at the site, i really like the work people have put into some of those articles. Unfotunately i barely get time to navigate around the One Ring so i probably wont join. I may still pop in now and again and see how things are going. good luck
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 1:07 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

thanks lorderkenbrand.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Location: Chester, Cheshire, or Durham, Co. Durham, both England.
In lieu of TP, I joined this site a few days back...and I'm glad I did. Obviously, an awful lot of effort's gone into it, and the innovative ranks system makes life very interesting. Not a huge number of members, admittedly, but those that there are are very friendly and welcoming. I hope it prospers, and I'll be there quite a bit, hopefully, when these ****** A levels are finally, finally over!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:41 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It's good you like the site as much as you do SD :)