All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:41 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
 Post subject: MESBG army building spreadsheet
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:50 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

http://www.lonelyknight.0fees.net/

Not so much come see my website as hopefully the army building spreadsheet is helpful to any gamer out there.

The MESBG army building spreadsheet is the version for the new rules, it's also kept up to date.
Feel free to report mistakes.

Last edited by LonelyKnight on Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
 Post subject: Re: LOME army builder among other things
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:04 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Good job with the army builder LK, a very helpful resource for any gamer. Hopefully they don't change too much in the rumoured new rulebook as it might cause some more work for you :(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:26 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

If all they do is include a warrior points per hero limit then I think it's easy enough to manage.
Just a matter of adding another counter on the top bar that lets you know how many warrior points you have left
And I guess I'll have to erase the "no leader" warning since it becomes redundant.
So it shouldn't be too bad, I'm hoping I can get it done in one afternoon.

And I'll probably rename it 3.0 to mark the system change

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Depending on how big the change is it might be nice if you made a new file, so those of us that stay with the old rules can get the builder again if we change computers, etc....
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I've thought about that, keeping the two files up if the changes are too big.
If all they change is that heroes with a points limit I won't have to do that though. Since all you'll have to do to use the old rules is disregard that function.
Adding new models on both files would be rather annoying though.
Meh, better wait and see before I make any plans.
I keep copies of past versions btw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:19 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Might as well update this thread, army builder for the new books has been out for a while.

Post subject: Re: SBG army builder among other things
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:42 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Does that mean you have gotten rid of the LoME one?

There aren't enough Trackers to have 3 Warbands with Orc Trackers in in the Mordor list (which I do)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:52 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The LOME one is still online
You can use the same line to place units in multiple warbands, just write how many you want in the right collumn
(so you can use just one line and write 12 in the collumns for 3 different warbands)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:54 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Thanks, I didn't notice you could do that.

Also, sorry to trouble you, but I want to have 3 Barrow-wights and 2 Warg Chieftains but you don't appear to have that option.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:25 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

just write the warbands you wish them to lead
so if you wish for the barrow wights to lead warbands 2-4 just write 2 3 4 in the Warband collumn (or2,3,4 or any other way in which you clearly separate the numbers)
Will need to change that to Warbands to see if folks find it more intuitive, it's in the instructions but no one reads those

Edit, wanted an emote with a smirk like the usual :P, I want a smirk :(

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:39 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think you should put some adds on your website, I've downloaded from there at elast four times. It could make you som bucks for your work.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

LonelyKnight wrote:
just write the warbands you wish them to lead
so if you wish for the barrow wights to lead warbands 2-4 just write 2 3 4 in the Warband collumn (or2,3,4 or any other way in which you clearly separate the numbers)
Will need to change that to Warbands to see if folks find it more intuitive, it's in the instructions but no one reads those

Edit, wanted an emote with a smirk like the usual :P, I want a smirk :(

Sorry. :oops: I should've read it properly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:27 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I don't read instructions most times so I don't blame you, not many read them. :roll:
Changed the title of the column from "Warband" to "Warbands" to stress that you can pick more than 1 and added "instructions" to the title just below the army list index. Well in the file that's in my pc, no point in reuploading just for that when it's just a matter of time until someone finds some bug/mistake. :time:

Never looked much into adds, you can probably guess from the site that I'm a fairly basic user of html :oops:
What other adds are there besides google adds? If I do add adds I must make sure they are silent, I freaking hate adds with sound. Makes it hard to ignore them.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:21 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for updating your file in only a month, I'm sure there's loads of people that benefit from it and its great your doing it for free.

OERP

Last edited by Highlordell on Tue May 27, 2014 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 2:32 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

LonelyKnight wrote:
I don't read instructions most times so I don't blame you, not many read them. :roll:
Changed the title of the column from "Warband" to "Warbands" to stress that you can pick more than 1 and added "instructions" to the title just below the army list index. Well in the file that's in my pc, no point in reuploading just for that when it's just a matter of time until someone finds some bug/mistake. :time:

Never looked much into adds, you can probably guess from the site that I'm a fairly basic user of html :oops:
What other adds are there besides google adds? If I do add adds I must make sure they are silent, I freaking hate adds with sound. Makes it hard to ignore them.

Sorry, not an expert on adds either. Nice of you to keep up the old version. I hope you don't mind that I "stole" you bow limit formula to incorporate the new bow limit rule into my regular army lists.
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Cheers Highlordell

@The Horde Lord. I was asking because google ads seem to pay only by clicks and since folks who go to my website probably enter, click the link to dl and then exit those ads wouldn't amount to much. Could still put them in there.. just worried about ads with sound.
It's GW's formula, I just wrote it in excel terms :wink:
Formulas are open to the public, if you are into excel you can figure out how pretty much everything in the file works. Some might come in handy for some students, in the LOME file those printable army lists work using an idea I had when I was working on a spreadsheet for an uni project.
There was a set of formulas on the versions where you didn't select which warband the heroes lead that I really liked but they were rendered pointless by the change :roll:

By the way I don't really come to this site that often so here's a link to the TLA thread for reporting errors: http://www.thelastalliance.com/viewtopi ... =30&t=4810
Will put it at the top too

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:46 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

What about people who aren't on Last Alliance and never will be?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:42 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Dunno. As you can see from my post count I don't exactly spend much time on this website, 42 posts in more than 5 years.
Many folks have accounts on both websites but ultimatly only frequent one of them. I'm one of those people, didn't even remenber to come over here and update this thread until ukrocky temporarily shut down TLA. (both TLA and OR members flock the other to regroup when their site is down)

Right now the file is recent, there are probably quite a few errors so there are good chances someone will post here.
But after the initial rush this thread will probably get 0 replies for ages (before I updated I had gotten no replies since jan 15, and before that the 2 replies were from guys I know from TLA), and coming to this website just to check on a thread that probably doesn't have any replies.. kind of pointless.

What seems more reasonable to you:
-A TLA member that has an account on OR checking OR frequently just to see one specific thread that may or may not have any replies
-An OR member that has no TLA account creates one to use only when he has an error/question

It's not exactly critical anyway, TLA has plenty of gamers that use the file so any errors will most likely be found out.
And if any OR members with TLA accounts notice a reply here and point it out on TLA I'll come check

I'm checking the thread for now but eventually it'll get silent and there will be no point in coming here often

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 10:32 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The file now has printable army lists (last two sheets)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:22 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Updated for the the new FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 557 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next