All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:51 am

Post subject: Rivendell plus allies - 1000pts
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2020 4:37 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dear fellow members!
I'm currently designing a 1000pts army list and would really appreciate your opinions and recommendations! Up to now it looks like this:

Warband 1: 435 pts
Elrond, Master of Rivendell (w/heavy amour, horse) (Leader)
9x Rivendell Knight (w/shield)
1x Rivendell Knight (w/banner)

Warband 2: 180 pts
Gandalf the grey (w/horse)

Warband 3: 381 pts
Galadriel (w/Mirror of Galadriel)
6x Galadhrim warrior (w/bow, spear)
6x Galadhrim warrior (w/spear, shield)
2x Galadhrim warrior (w/blade, shield)
1x Galadhrim warrior (w/banner)
3x Guard of the Galadhrim court

Total:
Numbers: 31
Might: 9
Bows: 16

Further suggestions:
+ Elrond and his guys team up with Gandalf so I've got a strong meatgrinder and very mobile task force supported by a good caster.

+ Gandalf is awesome because of his blinding light for the cavalry, to save elrond from becoming transfixed/commanded (Protection of the valar), support him with will for resistent checks or casting (strengthen will) or attacking by himself (collapse rocks/sorcerous blast).

+ Galadriel really takes good care for her Galadhrim with blinding light and command/immoblise. Also I'm really taking advantage of her mirror and the ability to restore fate points once per turn because of the fact that each hero here is a ringbearer and can re-roll it's fate rolls. Best thing is that the mirror is treated like a heavy object, so it can be moved and works with 6'' range.

+ Guards of the Galadhrim court in warband ensure fight 6 for some combats with other heros, monsters or like.

+ As it is a rivendell force with allied Galadhrim and fellowship Gandalf every contingent keeps its army bonus

- I'm really limited on might and numbers there. As ever, this might be a problem not getting swarmed.

-/+ Also thinking about to to use Radagast (with sebastian on horse maybe) instead of Gandalf. I think radagast with his 2+1 attacks would be a great help in close combat. Additionally his panic steed, renew, natures wrath and aura of dismay(!) would really be worth a try.

-/+ I'm debating with myself about sacrificing numbers and getting a cheap frodo in it as well. The army bonus of the fellowship explicially says that the whole force can't be broken if frodo is still alive. This might probably help me endure.

I'm curious what you think...Especially
> which wizard would you recommend?
> any major downsides I don't see yet?
> what about frodo?
> have you ever played (against) anything similar than this?

Cheers
RammasEchor
 Post subject: Re: Rivendell plus allies - 1000pts
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:57 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

I think you're kind of in-between and the list will suffer from it. By that I mean your numbers are way too low for 1000pts but you're not an all-hero list, so the rank and file that you have will be vulnerable to being overwhelmed.

I would go one of two ways. Don't have all the points in front of me, but this is a a couple of rough lists going one way or the other

Rivendell elite with Fellowship
Elrond, mtd, armor
12 Knights (1 with banner)

Glorfindel, mtd, armour

Lindr, mtd, armor

Gandalf the Grey, mtd
Legolas, mtd, armor

Model count 17
Might: 13
Bows: 12 plus Legolas

Notes: Drop entire Galadhrim war band and replace with Glorfindel (for another heavy hitter), Lindr (who buffs Elrond and helps protect all the Knights), and Legolas (very useful in this kind of mounted strike force list)

OR

Rivendell / Lothlorien
Elrond, mtd, armor
12 Spear and shield
6 Knights

Erestor
8 Spear and Shield
4 Bows

Galadriel
6 Galadhrim Spear and Shield
6 Galadhrim Bows
6 Guards of Galadhrim Court

Model count 51
Might: 8
Bows: 16

This list gives you the numbers that you need at 1000 pts. You get a lot of bows and a lot more versatility that the original list. You still have Blinding Light with Galadriel and you now have over 40 infantry with F5 and a bit of F6 throw in there as well

Hope this helps....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 9:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Well, i think I would be scåred to fåce your elves. Your heroes åre very hård to kill, ånd lots of powerful mågic. Ålso, your årmy måkes årchers quite useless. I guess måssed units could be å problem, but on the other hånd, most people ånywåys åvoid tåking å lot over 50 units to the tåble even with high points. Måybe some do, but let's såy goblins i doupt ånyone rly hås guts to tåke 100 gobbos on the tåble? Ånywåys, i think u wouldn't håve åny problem to fåce goblins (unless måssed 100 goblins), ås u could immobilize their big beåsts ånd their troops die fåst versus your elite elves with bånners. Probåbly Mordor could fåre reålly well if it would håve måssed orcs ånd å couple fellbeåst. Dwårves åre op too, ånd they win elves in melee combåt ånd you låck årchers. So there åre some cons, but definitely it is not ån ultrå weåk årmy. Perhåps if you could focus more your årmy on årchering it would be helpful. Let's såy 12 elf årchers would be ålreådy reålly useful.

-sory for broken å
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Ok, let's ådd yet, yes, i håve plåyed ågåinst å similår årmy, ånd the elves didn't in fåct håve å huge måss of units, but they håd decent årchers, gil gålåd ånd some op hero. Ånd my trolls were useles under spells ånd elven flåg måkes elves with high F ånd high årmor reålly hård to kill with normål orcs. Gil-Gålåd wås useful thouhg, becåuse it wins in combåt ågåinst big beåsts such ås trolls ånd even the drågon! <__<