All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:47 am

Post subject: Help with 2 Army Lists - Uruk-Scouts & Elves
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 8:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey my Friends :)

After years and years of just collecting the miniatures i finally had my very first match yesterday :D
It was a lot of fun and now i want to build my very first armys to play more often in the future.

I do not plan to play competitive etc. Just for fun. So the main focus on my armys will be if i like the miniatures and if they fit flavour wise. Also the armys should be not to big - i think 500-600 points will be perfect.

So the first army i plan are a Uruk Scout list.
It should be represent the marauding hordes that terrorize the village of Rohan.

Heres the list:

Army 1: Marauding Hordes of the White Hand

Ugluk
5 Scouts with Shield (Upgradet to Marauders)
5 Scouts with Bows (Upgradet to Marauders)
1 Scout with Banner (Upgradet to Marauders)
1 Drummer

Mauhur
9 Scouts with Shield (Upgradet to Marauders)
1 Scout with Banner (Upgradet to Marauders)
2 Berserker

Oathmaker of Dunland
7 Wild Men of Dunland
3 Wild Men with 2 Hand-Axes
2 Crebain

So since am a total noob to the game, i've no idea if this makes any sense. I just like the idea of this army. Could you tell me if it is completely nonsens? What should i fix?

I also wonder if it is possible to add another unit of 1 Grimwarg and 12 Wild Wargs to that list since they seem to be no part of Isengard.

Army 2: Mixed Elves Army

The other army i plan should be elves. I want to play the Mirkwood Rangers because they are one of my favourite models. Beside that i am more a fan of Rivendell and Lothlorien... Are there any ideas how i could combine the Rangers with one (or both) other elve tribes?
Is it possible to mix those armys? What would be a solid 500-600 points list? If it should not be possible to mix Mirkwood with Rivendell/ Lothlorien in a usefull way, maybe i can play the Ranger as Wood Elve Warriors? What do you think?

Thanks a lot for your help 8)

Last edited by Kitsune on Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Help with 2 Army Lists - Uruk-Scouts & Elves
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:21 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi and welcome. The gaming side of the hobby can be great, and it's nice to see that you're diving right in.

As for your two questions, here's my thoughts....

For your Isengard Scouting Party list, I'd drop the Dunland war band as they don't really match up to Uruk Scouts on the table. Without having my rulebook in front of my, I'm pretty sure that you can have a list that includes Lurtz, Ugluk, and Mauhur, along with a drummer and then about 35 Scouts with Sword & Shield or just Sword. That list is pure as can be, and Lurtz's special rule regarding coming on the board can be a game changer.

As for Elves, I've played Rivendell, Lothlorien and Thranduwil's Halls all quite a bit, and have come to the conclusion that it's usually best to not ally, if possible. Main reason being that all three lists are so fleshed out that there's tons of really good combinations, and you just don't even need to add an ally.

The Mirkwood Rangers are fantastic models (I've got 20 of my own painted up), and with the changes in the new edition, you can field a really great list combining Thranduil, Legolas or Tauriel, plus either Mirkwood armored elves with sword/shield or glaive, or even Palace Guard if you want the Fight value bonus. And additionally, Mirkwood Cavalry got a buff and are now D6 with shield, and their fight value goes up if within either 3" or 6" of Thranduil. Even the Armoured Captain and the Palace Guard Captain have really strong profiles if you wanted to include 1 or 2 of those guys.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any further questions that you may have,,,

:)

Post subject: Re: Help with 2 Army Lists - Uruk-Scouts & Elves
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:40 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for your tipps and thoughts 8)

Uruk-List:

Well... I don't realy want to play Lurtz because he isn't a book charakter and beside that this isn't a big issue at all he also makes no sense in a raiding troop. Ok...you could say the sama about Ugluk i guess^^ I also don't like the Lurtz miniatures that much...

So another Option would be Saruman, Vrasku or one of the Mordor-Orcs ... And i don't wanna play any of them :rofl:

So thats why i wonder if it would be possible to play the Wild Warg Chieftain + Wild Wargs unit.
Another though would be to replace Wild Men with Dunland Warriors and maybe Thrydan or another one of the new heroes
----------------

Elves

So heres the point: I absolutely LOVE the Mirkwood Rangers but i didn't like the armor design of every else Mirkwood forces :o
Thats why i was looking for a mixed army. Beside that maybe i just could use them as normal wood elves. At least i could use those great miniatures this way.

I didnt have any ideas on what a solid elves list with not to much minatures and about 500-600 points should look like. But i guess its hard to tell as long as i am not sure what elven realm i like to play...^^