All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:08 am

Post subject: Re: Help with Orcs - 800 PTS
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Good call mounting Gothmog on a warg, makes him deadly indeed.

Gothmog's Enforcer incentives to put him close to Gothmog in order to benefit from his ability. They sure make for an awesome combo!But you become very dependent on Gothmog for might though.

Personally I like to spread my heroes wide to not lose the initative across my battleline, unless I want to gang up on a powerful enemy model. B

Regarding his special rules:

Master of battle:
- Whenever an enemy Hero attempts a Heroic Action within 6" of a model with this special rule, this model may call the same Heroic Action without spending Might, even if they would not usually have access to it.

Didnt mean that orcs gain might but Gothmog, kinda. Especially if you have him in the thick of combat. Decent range. However, it is dependent on what the enemy does, so limits it somewhat.

Hatred (Buffs orcs):
A model with this special rule adds 1 to their To Wound rolls when fighting in combat against the models with the keyword listed in the brackets in its profile

Increases the killing power of your S4 morannon orcs as if they use Two-handed, but without the -1 duel roll. Works for Gothmog too. Only vs Men though, not elves, and limited to 3" within Gothmog. Range is increased to "12 in the legendary legion "Army of Gothmog".

"The age of men is over":
Once per game, you choose when, he gives every Mordor orc re-roll to wound within "12. Mordor army bonus gives re-roll to wounding if you get 1. (but I'm not sure if these can stack). A prerequisite for the army bonus is that you have more models on the board than the enemy.

If you opt for the legendary legion, you must change your list - dropping Shadowlord and morgul knights. Seems like both the Mordor army bonus and the Legendary legion benefits the most from a horde list. I've read high numbers is a good counter against elves. Add a drummer and heroic march you can really close ground fast.

Sorry for another wall of text.
 Post subject: Re: Help with Orcs - 800 PTS
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey - thank you. I appreciate the response. It was very comprehensive. I'll have to mull this over - but I'm probably gonna stick with the ShadowLord and the Morgul Knights. They cause Terror - making them slightly more difficult to charge. I'll have to play with the list and see how everything works out.

Thank you everyone and keep the comments coming!!