All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 pm

Post subject: Mordor Monster Mash
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:38 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi all, just getting into the game for the first time and would like some help with a few things.

The key factors I would like to use are a Ringwraith on Fell Beast, Mordor Troll Captain, a standard Mordor Troll or two and some infantry to go along with them.

Could this kind of list be competitive?

Also on a side note, I have tried linking a profile pic from a few different sites but it refuses to allow me to use it as it cannot figure out the dimensions of the image. Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks all :)

Post subject: Re: Mordor Monster Mash
PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:05 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi - here are some thoughts...

Wraiths on Fell Beasts are one of the most competitive units in the game. So much so that there are many rumors out there that the Fell Beast profile is one profile that may be altered at some point with the pending rules updates, likely with an increase in points cost. But until then, use them and enjoy.

Mordor Troll Chieftains are powerful and competitive models. They can do a lot of damage, and their Might and Will help elevate them from most other monsters, allowing for Heroic Combats when attacking, and the Will point offering at least some protection against spells.

The Standard Mordor Troll is also very powerful and adept at causing damage, especially with hurls, but magic users often target them mercilessly with Immobilise/Transix, effectively taking them out of the game at times.

That said, a combo of those 3 models, along with a nice horde of S4 D6 Morannon Orcs, including a banner, and maybe an Orc Shaman included is a strong and competitive list. Other possible add ons for that list include Shagrat War Leader (he is a beast in combat) and Gothmog mounted on Warg (solid combat hero with a great special rule). And don't be afraid to double up and consider having a 2nd Wraith in there for casting. Often having two casters can overwhelm your opponent - transfixing 2 opposing heroes per turn....

Give it a go and have fun - Good luck !