All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 pm

Post subject: 350 pts Rohan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 5:33 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've got 12 Riders of Rohan(4 spears, 2 axes, 2 swords, 4 bows) as well as 3 Rohan Royal Guard dismounted. I think 350 pts is a good number to start off and get to know the rules better. Any Ideas?
Thanks! :)
 Post subject: Re: 350 pts Rohan
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:50 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

350 points are o.k. for a small game and for learning the rules. It shoundn't be less, for then the armies are not really balanced any more although they have equal points.

But you still need an hero as leader of your unit, so therefore you will get around 60 point on top. And another point to consider: a unit normally cannot have more than 12 warriors. So you are with 3 over this limit. If you want to use all your warriors, you will need yet another hero.

And one last advice: if you are using monted models, you should have some unmounted models of the same type, in case some riders loose their horses during game.

I hope that's helpful. just start playing SBG, don't expect too much, but at least have fun, and certainly you will improve very quickly.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for the advice! :)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

We're not meant to list points values on the forum but - from memory, I think 12 riders is less than 350. You could proxy them as Sons of Earl or Royal Guard of Rohan mounted if you were trying to make up points against an opponent, though, and still have room for a big hero I think.

Swords and axes would count the same as a "hand weapon" unless they were two handed. The spears might count as "throwing spears" if you wanted them to, which would cost a few points extra.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

If you added a box of Warriors of Rohan, Éowyn (mounted) and Erkanbrand (mounted) you should have around 350 points with the Riders you already have. Don’t include the archers from the Warriors box as part of your army (that should give you 344 points), then you can use them to represent any of the Riders that become dismounted.