All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 pm

Post subject: 500pts Comp'ish {Evil} Help!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have a local tournament coming up, and I'm at a bit of a loss due to relative inexperience of the game. And I need to be gathering my army soon and getting some practice in before the day. To me its more of a 'gaming day of lotr' then it is a competitive event but I still want to remain as competitive as I can for the nature of the event.

So I've come up with 2x 500pt lists. Both probably need help and I can't decide which to run with. so any help criticisms, advice etc would be great.

List 1:

Khamul with armoured horse
2 Easterling Kataphrakt
6 Black dragon Kataphrakt

Amdur with armoured horse
2 Easterling Kataphrakt
6 Black dragon Kataphrakt

----- 500pts
My biggest concern with the above list is Khamul, I feel the same with all named ringwraiths, more so those that seem fairly vulnerable. At only 1 wound and only 2 fate its a struggle to see that he's going to survive when compared to the shadow or the undying for example but its best that the rhun can have. Which is the theme of the list. I wanted to run as much cav as I could, defense 6 fight 4 to give it an edge over all non-elven infantry I come up against with the knockdown and etc that comes with cavalry I think It shouldn't have an issue so long as I maintain the charge, which I think that I can manage even if priority goes against me by cycling Kataphrakt.

List 2:

The Necromancer
12 Gundabad Orc warrior with shield

Mordor orc taskmaster
6 Warg rider with shield

----- 500pts
A little small and lacking some of the eliteness I feel the rhun list had this is probably the least 'fluffy' of my two options. Basically the orc taskmaster uses the "Whip of the master" to give the necromancer might back that is spent on heroic channel chill soul to blow chunks out of my enemies infantry so by the time the fight starts they are heavily diminished. I did however plan to convert everything to the same aesthetic as the gundabad orcs (I just prefer them massively over the look of regular orcs from mordor) otherwise I would just use mordor orcs.

So those are the two lists I need help with. Alternative lists would also be nice to see, I don't have much experience with the game yet but I need something that I can at least go into the game with it working! I also don't mind complex stratergy or synergies :D
 Post subject: Re: 500pts Comp'ish {Evil} Help!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Both armies look fine, but could be tough to play. If you let us know what models you have, we can help you work something out, generally I like close to 2 full warbands at 500 pts, but thats just me.

If u want to do Easterlings (who IMHO suck but are fun and cool looking) here is something to get you started:

Warband 1:
Khamul the Easterling on Fellbeast
5 Easterlings with Shield
4 Easterlings with Bows and Pikes

Warband 2:
Easterling Warpriest
5 Easterlings with Shield
5 Easterlings with Bows and Pikes

Warband 3:
Easterling Dragon Knight on Armoured Horse

About 500 pts, lots shooting, decent killing power. I think this is probably the best option with Easterlings at 500.

Just some stuff to think about! :)