Gil-Galad
Glorfindel
1 High Elf banner
1 High Elf Captains
2 Horn blower
Rivendell Guard
Total: 2000 PTs

So how do you guyz like it?
I have the Horn Blowers just to fill in points,plus gives it a little bit more detail.

Last edited by Warlord777 on Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 pm, edited 5 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You lack some solid, strong formations. I would never take a formation that has less than 3 companies. IMO, High elves, Galadhrim, and Gondorians seems a bit unthematical. I would drop your Gondor (unless you don't have any more models, in which case, fair enough) and take some more large Galadhrim formations and Celeborn or Galadriel. Some monsters would be very handy. Soz if I'm being very critical (I probably am) but it's just how I am. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well what would be better mosters or artillery? thats why I got the Gondor allies. Im going for a high elf thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:53 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Warlord777 wrote:
Well what would be better mosters or artillery? thats why I got the Gondor allies. Im going for a high elf thing.

Ah, I see :) . If you're for the elves drop the gondorians and get an eagle and a nice, big, chunky formation of high elves with Elrond in it. The avenger bolt-throwers you could still keep in the army but just change its crew so it looks more thematic. I would also be tempted to take Gildor's household.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I agree with spuds4ever...dropping the Gondorians and puting some Galadrim in with Celeborn can really do some damage if use right(I use it often :P). But if it High Elves your going for...Try putting Gildors Household in (Again agreeing with spud lol) and for a monster try Glorfindel. Again used right he is a major pain if used right.

The best advice i can give is just battle test it...even if on your own(sad i know, but it works :P). Ive asked for advice loads of times on here, and its helped. But battle testing it myself really gave me a feel of what it needs! or does'ne need!

Hope ive helped...at least a little :D

CJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:54 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I have a new list ill post in a little bit that I am very happy with taking all of your advice. It will look very impressive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:32 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

NEW list :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:00 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

It's a bit unthemed because Gil-galad was dead before Elrond's sons were born.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:

aNY THING i SHOULD DO TO FIX IT? oops sorry caps. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:13 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

whafrog wrote:

Fixed it :twisted:
Let me know what you think.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:37 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Looks solid for a high elf army It's difficult to make strong army's but I think you did a great job.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:27 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The calculation, I think, is a bit off. You have 4 high elf captains when you only have 3 formations (not including Glorfindel). I would drop all of the captains and some of the banners and the horn blower and get some galadhrim knights with a captain and banner (prefreably 5 companies.)(I know it's a bit unthematic but it's the only way to get some cavalry in an elf force.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:33 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

spuds4ever wrote:
The calculation, I think, is a bit off. You have 4 high elf captains when you only have 3 formations (not including Glorfindel). I would drop all of the captains and some of the banners and the horn blower and get some galadhrim knights with a captain and banner (prefreably 5 companies.)(I know it's a bit unthematic but it's the only way to get some cavalry in an elf force.)

:oops: I was trying to remember that. I think I should be fine with Glorfindel and Elrond,Do you think that I will suffer to badly with no cavilary?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:49 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You have one more banner than you do formations, so drop that. I'd also recommend dropping the banner that is on the archers. Drop at LEAST one captain, preferably two (one is still a bit more than I think that they're worth, but oh well :D ). Dropping the bare minimum things suggested (including the Hornblower, which nobody should EVER take, EVER!), you instantly have an extra 135 points. If you drop two captains, then you egt 185 points, which are far better spent on more bodies.

You said that you're worried about no cavalry, so take some Galadhrim Knights to represent light High Elf cavalry or take some Riders of Rohan (ruleswise) to represent Numenorian cavalry or something?

Just realised that you have both Elrond AND Gil-galad, so it's best to drop all command upgrades to gain 305 extra points. A banner or two is fine, but NEVER take hornblowers. Ever. The captains are more points than they're worth: the Epic Heroes will allow At the Double! and provide Might, as well as increasing the Fight value of a company by more. Captains are a points sink and an easy way of killing mroe of the unit in Heroic Duels (initiated by enemy Epic Heores).

With those spare points, take some cavalry, like you wanted to and maybe some more bodies (Galadhrim can be light infantry and Wood Elves can be scouts and are easier to get in large quantities than the High Elves). I'd also consider splitting the archers into two formations of three companies and POSSIBLY the glaive-elves into two, but maybe not ;)

The gist is: drop the captains, drop the hornblower (can't stress it enough), drop at least two banners, split the archers into two formations of three companies and use the spare points to get the cavalry that you want and maybe some extra bodies.

Hope that helps ;)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:06 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hashut's Blessing wrote:
You have one more banner than you do formations, so drop that. I'd also recommend dropping the banner that is on the archers. Drop at LEAST one captain, preferably two (one is still a bit more than I think that they're worth, but oh well :D ). Dropping the bare minimum things suggested (including the Hornblower, which nobody should EVER take, EVER!), you instantly have an extra 135 points. If you drop two captains, then you egt 185 points, which are far better spent on more bodies.

You said that you're worried about no cavalry, so take some Galadhrim Knights to represent light High Elf cavalry or take some Riders of Rohan (ruleswise) to represent Numenorian cavalry or something?

Just realised that you have both Elrond AND Gil-galad, so it's best to drop all command upgrades to gain 305 extra points. A banner or two is fine, but NEVER take hornblowers. Ever. The captains are more points than they're worth: the Epic Heroes will allow At the Double! and provide Might, as well as increasing the Fight value of a company by more. Captains are a points sink and an easy way of killing mroe of the unit in Heroic Duels (initiated by enemy Epic Heores).

With those spare points, take some cavalry, like you wanted to and maybe some more bodies (Galadhrim can be light infantry and Wood Elves can be scouts and are easier to get in large quantities than the High Elves). I'd also consider splitting the archers into two formations of three companies and POSSIBLY the glaive-elves into two, but maybe not ;)

The gist is: drop the captains, drop the hornblower (can't stress it enough), drop at least two banners, split the archers into two formations of three companies and use the spare points to get the cavalry that you want and maybe some extra bodies.

Hope that helps ;)

Where it says 1-6 companys does that mean I can only have 6? And if I drop the figs how do I stay in the theme?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:39 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Warlord777 wrote:
Where it says 1-6 companys does that mean I can only have 6?

No, a maximum of six companies (and a minimum of one but that's obvious).

Post subject: Have you considered?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I have played Elves for a long time, and the one formation that keeps appearing in my force is a solid formation of Erestor and his high elves.

Just a thought.

Steve
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

its a good plan but i would take one hero out and put in more warriors

as a war of the ring player, i would hate seeing a full table of elf warriors against me, they are a very powerfull force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PSeEuu6pW4
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Karvag wrote:
its a good plan but i would take one hero out and put in more warriors

as a war of the ring player, i would hate seeing a full table of elf warriors against me, they are a very powerfull force

Yeah, IDK which one you should take though, but you do need more warriors. 3 formations+Glorfindel isn't going to last long in 2,000 pts. even with Gil-galad and Elrond.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

OK i think im good ....what do you think>?