All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Post subject: The Passing of the Grey Company - 2000pts.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:45 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Aragorn - 200

Commons

Rangers of Arnor - 150pts.
- 5x Companies

Rangers of Arnor - 150pts.
-5x Companies

Knights of Dol Amroth - 335pts.
-6x Companies
-Banner

Knights of Dol Amroth - 335pts.
-6x Companies
-Banner

Legendary

The Grey Company - 365pts.
-6x Companies
-Banner of the King

Allies

Legolas - 200
Gimili - 175
Elladan/Elrohir - 70

Total: 1980pts.

Some thoughts would be dropping three companies from the rangers to add two captains to my knights to help with enemy magic, plus adding more might to the pool. Also helps with the wallet, saves 30 bucks!Or adding a Fortune to aragorn, mithril coat or the plus D3 might option. Another option is adding Imrahil but i'm not so sure about him...

How do you think it will fare?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think you need more and smaller formations. I'd divide the two Dol Amroth formations into three formations, each with four companies. And divide the two Ranger formations into three formations, each with three companies.

You don't need the Captains for the Dol Amroth, you've got enough heroes.

By the way, I love the theme. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

General Elessar wrote:

I mean Aragorn has and always will be my favorite fictional character, since my childhood and now well into my early 20s just the epitome of epicness in my opinion.

One other thought i had was to down grade the Dol Amroth Knights into Knights of Minas Tirith, save some points and add some more rangers, even though i'm really tired of painting ranger models! ( i also play WE in fantasy)

Are KoMT a serious down grade to both theme and competiveness? ( think i just made up that word)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:08 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

thelordcal wrote:
General Elessar wrote:

I mean Aragorn has and always will be my favorite fictional character, since my childhood and now well into my early 20s just the epitome of epicness in my opinion.

One other thought i had was to down grade the Dol Amroth Knights into Knights of Minas Tirith, save some points and add some more rangers, even though i'm really tired of painting ranger models! ( i also play WE in fantasy)

Are KoMT a serious down grade to both theme and competiveness? ( think i just made up that word)

Aragorn's my favourite too.

I probably would "down grade" the Dol Amroth Knights to Minas Tirith Knights, though perhaps if you do take them in six company formations.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:16 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

General Elessar wrote:
thelordcal wrote:
General Elessar wrote:

Aragorn's my favourite too.

I probably would "down grade" the Dol Amroth Knights to Minas Tirith Knights, though perhaps if you do take them in six company formations.

It would save a ton of money, as well as adding to the overall domineering of the shooting phase by splitting up rangers into smaller more finite tactical formations.

Do you think 2 formations at 2k is enough? I composed a list last night similar to this with 2 big formations of KoMT with a banner at 1500pts. Also had legolas, gimili, aragorn, 3x companies of rangers, and the Grey company.

The only problem i could forsee running into is first the theme, are the knights of MT > or DA? Second being how to expand the list in larger battles or am i simply going to have to take the same units just more of them?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:28 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Two formations of Knights in a 2000pts game could be fine, or not, depending on what you're going to spend the spare points on.

I didn't realize that including the Knights would ruin the theme. If you're bothered, take the Dol Amroth Knights instead.

I don't think expanding the army for larger battles would be a problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Where's my Ranger Cavalry! In the book all of the Grey company were on horse back!

Any way i don't think the KoMT would ruin the theme too much, about as much as Dol Amroth knights would. Plus i could always green stuff some cloaks onto their backs to make them at least look more ranger like.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

thelordcal wrote:
Where's my Ranger Cavalry! In the book all of the Grey company were on horse back!

Mounted rangers would be awesome. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Awesome theme. The only thing left out is the Army of the Dead. The Court of the Dead King is an especially cool formation.