All times are UTC

It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 6:29 pm

Post subject: CLUB
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:20 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

HI. I was wondering how you guys think I should go about starting a WOTR CLUB I plan on the meeting place be under a gazebo outside my library.(not a hobby shop with in 100 miles) The problem is i dont know if there are even any players because i am home schooled (which rocks) . Now this would all be some time in the future since i dont have a rule book or figs. So please give any thoughts or tips you have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 7:38 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i'd say step one is find some players. maybe put up some notices around with details and a contact number for you and see if anyone bites. with no gaming store for 100 miles around i think you might not find many though. gamers tend to gravitate around stores where they can buy and play their games.

find some players or try and convert your friends and go from there. im in the same boat where i live its taken me a good 5 years to track down the handful of gamers close to me.

you need a good few guys to begin thinking of club, rather than informal gaming group so it might be best just to find a few, hang out at someones house and play there. for a club your gonna need imput for tables and equipment and without decent numbers your gonna spend muchos cash on just setting it up for relatively few players to benefit from.

find some players and play the game, worry about a club when you've got about 10 or so interested.

good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 1:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
Well I know Anduril lives in Texas........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:30 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Eorltheyoung wrote:
Well I know Anduril lives in Texas........

Yep, unfortunately though I don't play WOTR and South Padre island is a far piece from where I live (not sure how far exactly, but at least 4 hours)

I live down near Linden, so I'm out in east texas, and South Padre island is down an hour or two from corpus christi if I remember right...so it's actually at least 8 hours from here. Maybe further, I never was much for maps ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:43 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Location: On some battle field with 6,000 riders behind me yelling....DEATH!!!
Ok, my mistake...I guess thats too far to travel jusr for a game of WOTR. :roll: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:24 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Hear the sinister whisper of steel on leather? The quiet footsteps? You've found me.
Eorltheyoung wrote:
Ok, my mistake...I guess thats too far to travel jusr for a game of WOTR. :roll: :oops:

No problem, you were just trying to help :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 3:24 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

dang it!!!! You live 30 miles from my grandma!!!!! She lives in Karnack . Man thats my favorite place in the world cause i can shoot all of my guns (i have 10 and she has 30ish :-D )