All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:11 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hey great work guys! My mate has down loaded the files this evening. I'll try it out this week. I think you guys have begun something that's going to be huge once it catches on!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:56 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Haldir_Strikes wrote:
Hey muslim_rohirrim, would you be able to add me to the player list as well please? what's your skype by the way I don't think I have it.

Some great stuff you've been coming up with :)

Sure can do! :-D just let me know what's your skype id to add it in.
My skype id is on the list too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:25 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

lorderkenbrand wrote:
Thanks guys, the link to Haldirs post certainly helped as did your description MuslimRohirrim, ive added them now, and im interested to see how a battle would be played out using this system. How do you break everything down into turns and phases? Is that just done through communicating to your opponent or are there buttons that I have not yet seen?

thanks for all your help 8)

Great to know you're in, congrats! what module version are you using now 4.03 or 4.06?

your next step is to create a Skype id and add the guys in the list to your contacts list. try to keep it open whenever you're online to see if anyone goes online same time.

we're currently preparing a quick tutorial on how the gaming basics and will post it soon. so keep an eye on this thread. meanwhile keep it coming and don't hesitate to ask questions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:18 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Now what industrious programmer wants to take on new expansions!?! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hehe, that would be Mohammad! I have yet to learn Java (someday :))
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Ok played my first votr game! Had some trouble joining a game at first, but we did it! Played a scenario strait out of A Shadow in the East book. But the Might points (called hero points in votr for some strange reason) for Murin were wrong. Has anyone else found mistakes like this?

Also I didn’t like the tutorial I felt it could be better. I don’t know if it’s the one you guys made or not, hope I’m not hurting anyone’s feelings here.

Rob
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:08 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

kidterminal wrote:
But the Might points (called hero points in votr for some strange reason) for Murin were wrong. Has anyone else found mistakes like this?

Yeah, there are a few like that. I think Ugluk and Gildor are the same.

It is possible to edit the M/W/F before the battle though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

gaarew wrote:
kidterminal wrote:
But the Might points (called hero points in votr for some strange reason) for Murin were wrong. Has anyone else found mistakes like this?

All the M\W\F values are by default 2\1\1. For most captains this is true, but for special heroes, you can always edit those points by pressing Ctrl+H. Use the same shortcut to edit them during the game too.
Cheers and congrats on the game!!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hey guys, I can't seem to get VOTR to work. i have downloaded VOTR4.06.vmod and Vassal and installed vassal. From vassal i tried going <file, import module, and opening the VOTR file>.
However, it says "The file 'D:\Documents and Settings\Liew\My Documents\VOTR4.06.vmod.zip' cannot be imported into VASSAL."
(By the way there's nothing wrong with the drive being D its just that i reversed the program and data drives while setting up my computer)
I tried downloading 4.03 and it seems to work but I can't open 4.06.

Have i got the correct files? Or am i doing something wrong? Do I need to extract the files from VOTR4.06.vmod? Thanks guys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:44 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Did you try importing VOTR 4.06 after or before you imported VOTR 4.03?
I'm asking cuz I have VOTR 4.06 imported and when I tried importing VOTR 4.03, I got the exact same message.
Another question: you have the latest version of Vassal (3.1.4), right?
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

kisterminal wrote:
Ok played my first votr game!

Congrats mate!!! hope you liked it. and don't hesitate to post your questions here and we'll try to help as best as we can.

I hope everyone give me your Skype id to add it to the online players list guys - if you like of course.

Krol wrote:
gaarew wrote:
kidterminal wrote:

All the M\W\F values are by default 2\1\1. For most captains this is true, but for special heroes, you can always edit those points by pressing Ctrl+H. Use the same shortcut to edit them during the game too.
Cheers and congrats on the game!!

I agree, it's a default to have any hero with 2/1/1 M/W/F when you first put it on the board. you have to adjust it then to the right one using the shortcut as Krol mentioned.

kidterminal wrote:
Also I didn’t like the tutorial I felt it could be better. I don’t know if it’s the one you guys made or not, hope I’m not hurting anyone’s feelings here.

No it's not, ours still being edited. I was busy the past few days but I hope I'm working on it now and shall let you know ince it's ready.

FelixPhantasm wrote:
Now what industrious programmer wants to take on new expansions!?!

Krol wrote:
hehe, that would be Mohammad! I have yet to learn Java (someday )

LOL. I know that it's an on open source and there is a source code there, but I don;t have the time to work on it. so I'm just playing with the edit mode to add or change the module. it took me some time to know how it works at first but now I think I can modify it fairly easy at this point.

Let me know what are you expecting in a new expantinon and I'll see iwhat I can do. I have some kind of a todo list with a very vague schedule :lol:

xtanha1rrmx wrote:
Do I need to extract the files from VOTR4.06.vmod?

no, you don't. it should be working as it is. what version of vassal are you using?
I am also opening both modules 4.03 and 4.06 same time in vassal with no issues.
Anybody else got a similar problem opening the module guys?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:32 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Finally the tutorial is ready :D
you can download it from this link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=4a74 ... b9a8902bda

You download the "VOTR Basics Demo 1.02" files (2 files), put them in the same dir and open the *.vlog file. walk through the tutorial with the "one step foward" and "redo" buttons. The demo was made using VOTR 4.06 module. Let me know if you have any questions or issue.

I want to thank Krol very much for his effort in reviewing and proofing this tutorial! Thanks man!

Hope you find it useful guys, and please post your feed-back whether it is positive or negative and also any questions you may have.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:41 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Yes, my vassal version is 3.1.4
I tried importing 4.06 first, but it didn't work, so I imported 4.03 and it works. After that I tried importing 4.06 again, but it didn't work again.
So now well I only have 4.03 working.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:46 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

xtanha1rrmx wrote:
Yes, my vassal version is 3.1.4
I tried importing 4.06 first, but it didn't work, so I imported 4.03 and it works. After that I tried importing 4.06 again, but it didn't work again.
So now well I only have 4.03 working.

I have same versions and they work fine together. possibly something went wrong with you when downloading the module. try to download it again in a different directory. what is the current size of the 4.06 file you have?

Again guys, please let us know if your VOTR version 4.06 is working or not, and which VASSAL version you're using with it!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Just figured out something. try to use "open module" instead of "import module" from the file menu. it may work, so let me know how it goes.

Post subject: Re: How to play online - VOTR Community
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:26 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi,

I have the module but can anybody mail me the maps for this module (*.mdx files) as I couldn't find them on the net.
Thanks
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:21 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Not to review an old thread...

But I was wondering if anyone has the current version of VOTR? 4.6 was it?

I only have 1.00, and I love one with some updated minis. The link in the Opening post does not seem to work anymore. (At least it doesn't lead to the new version.)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:52 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi Folks,
First, It's great to find this thread still up and available. I love the One-Ring community though no time lately to participate as frequent as before. Thanks for all of you guys.

I was looking for this thread because I can't find the latest update I posted on this thread before (VOTR4.07.vmod.zip) to start online game with a friend. I hope someone still have it. If so please let me know.

Thanks in advance and best wishes from Egypt to all of you!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 12:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@RyuAzai
I have the 4.06 version that I had updated with some models. If you're still interested (or anyone here) pass me your email and I'll mail it to you.
We can even try to find sometime to play online or by mail if you like...at least I hope so... ;)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Does anyone still have or use this?