All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:55 pm

Post subject: Portsmouth Gamers! (UK)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:48 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The GW store in Commercial stays open on a Wednesday evening until around 9pm. I went down last night to see what was happening.

It was just populated by Warhammer fan-boys sprouting rules in an over-exaggerated manner while pouring over unpainted Robo-cop type toys.

I was the only LordoftheRinger there. I managed to get a game with one of the staff, but he didn't know the rules and wasn't that interested in playing, but I amused myself by giving him a sound thrashing anyway.

So. Portsmouth gamers. The Mordor supplement book was out of stock when I was in there last week, so I'm not the only one! you know you're out there! Let's raise the profile of this game and show the Warhammer cronies how a decent game is played.

There was much interest and beard-pulling from them because my game looked visually so superior! Warg Riders, my Shelob, 50 orcs against mounted Rohan and Army of the Dead. 700pts each.

The boards aren't well suited the LotR but there are at least 3 that can be used, a flat green board which was under one of the Warhammer boards, a desert board well suited to Harad and a board with a some buildings on and an annoying wall - but I played on this one and appart from the wall it was ok.

I found that parking out on the street on the meters is free after 6pm.

So come on!
I can't make every week because sometimes my wife works evenings and I'm left holding the baby, but don't let me be the only Billy no-mates in town when I do go.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

If I lived in Portsmouth, I 'd love to give you a thrashing. :wink:

I hope you find some worthy opponents.