All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:44 am

Post subject: Where should I post Army Showcase videos?
PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:31 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello Everyone.
I'm very new to this forum, and I wondered if you folks could help me figure out which board would be most suitable for posting a couple of army showcases.

My brother and I recently started a Youtube channel as a hobby. We aren't sure it will go anywhere, but we're excited and we figured we could link our videos on here to spread the word a bit.

We're working on a bat rep, which would go on the bat rep board- no-brainer- but there isn't a dedicated showcase board (to my knowledge, please correct me if I'm wrong) so I was wondering which board would be most appropriate for our videos.

Thanks for your time :)
 Post subject: Re: Where should I post Army Showcase videos?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:04 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to here you and your brother are making the most out of your hobbies. Video editing can be an interesting undertaking (perhaps not as outwardly rewarding as might be hoped at first however) but it can be a gateway to many powers some consider quite impressive. Middle Earth seems like a fine place to start with that.

If you guys plan on posting links to your videos in different forms depending on the videos topic I would recommend placing army showcases and painting stuff in work in progress thread in the work in progress forum. That would be a good place to catalogue the development of your painting skills and collection.

I look forward to seeing what the two of you come up with.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:56 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

hi @Windrush-Wargamers

I watched both videos, and I enjoyed them both. I like watching Army showcase videos, and I suspect many others here on the site enjoy them as well. Keep them coming !

A couple suggestions, if I may:

- Hold the camera shot a little longer on each model. Especially on the Erebor Video, it was tough to get a good look at each model as it was moving around in your hand and the camera was unable to auto-focus quickly enough to really show off the fine paint jobs.

- Both videos were just a bit dark, video-wise. I don't know what editing software you are using, but most have a color adjustment feature, and you could try to increase the 'whites' a bit, or maybe lessen the 'shadows'. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

Good work, and like I said, keep them coming....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Wan Shi Tong wrote:
Hello and welcome to the forum. Glad to here you and your brother are making the most out of your hobbies. Video editing can be an interesting undertaking (perhaps not as outwardly rewarding as might be hoped at first however) but it can be a gateway to many powers some consider quite impressive. Middle Earth seems like a fine place to start with that.

If you guys plan on posting links to your videos in different forms depending on the videos topic I would recommend placing army showcases and painting stuff in work in progress thread in the work in progress forum. That would be a good place to catalogue the development of your painting skills and collection.

I look forward to seeing what the two of you come up with.

Thank you :) I'll put them on Work in progress.

It's going to be fun posting things for this community.

I hope to hear from you again :)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 6:06 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ja33 wrote:
hi @Windrush-Wargamers

I watched both videos, and I enjoyed them both. I like watching Army showcase videos, and I suspect many others here on the site enjoy them as well. Keep them coming !

A couple suggestions, if I may:

- Hold the camera shot a little longer on each model. Especially on the Erebor Video, it was tough to get a good look at each model as it was moving around in your hand and the camera was unable to auto-focus quickly enough to really show off the fine paint jobs.

- Both videos were just a bit dark, video-wise. I don't know what editing software you are using, but most have a color adjustment feature, and you could try to increase the 'whites' a bit, or maybe lessen the 'shadows'. Give it a try and see if it makes a difference.

Good work, and like I said, keep them coming....

Hey, cheers. Glad to hear you like the videos.

Good point about the camera work, we really need a tripod lol. We'll linger a little more on each model in future.

I use Pinnacle to edit, it's rubbish :D I'm more familiar with Adobe, which I used in both College and Uni. Saving up for it.