All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

Post subject: New member reporting in!
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Greetings! My name is Eric and i'm Filmmaker, Visual effects artist and hobbyist from Finland.
After following this forum very actively ( like VERY actively) for over six months i finally decided to take some time and make account here. I have been huge fan of Lord of the rings approximately 14 years now and have been collecting GW lotr miniatures range almost as long. It has been quite on&off collecting though, i had nice core of plastic minis and some awesome metal ones. Back then you really had to choose what to get. I have been painting Warhammer(and 40K ) considerably more, but last spring i decided that if i want to build my 28mm middle-earth now is the time ( as Gw is greatly reducing their range ).

So now after raiding small stores around Finland, buying from people and ordering stuff straight from Gw, i'm starting to have nice collection of metal minis (i love all lotr metals...) I kinda rebooted my collection, so lots of stripping paint and rebasing.
Now only if i could spare all time needed to paint them up...

Besides my film projects, i'm one of founding members of War Head, greatest and awesomest miniature gaming blog in Finland! Mostly warhammer 40k there, but we do cover other games also. Planning to have some kind of Lord of the rings week in future as well ;) Most of it is our own personal and hired projects, but we cover events around world time to time, make galleries and events and cons and run weekly Fight Club gaming event here at Helsinki, Finland.
Our site is in Finnish but i'm sure there is plenty to enjoy just by browsing our pics! And you can always google translate to get rough idea what it is all about.

You can check it out at:
www.gowarhead.com

I am definitely more of hobbyist than gamer, so its much more painting than gaming for me. Not that i don't like it, far from it, it is just time issue. Im looking forward to field my newly started collection on battlefield, need to get few more units ready before it!

What comes to Middle-Earth itself, i love it. All the books. Just love it.
Lord of the rings film trilogy is awesome, it has special place in my heart. Hobbit trilogy not so much...

Anyway, this is getting way too long!

I have had so much inspiration from this forum, i hope i can give something back now by posting pictures of my work and sharing my slowly but surely growing collection!

Last edited by Eric on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: New member reporting in!
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:43 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Welcome Eric! Tervetuloa! :-)

-- Pasi
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:50 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Welcome Eric, just looked at your web site, great scenery. looks like a good community you have.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:59 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Welcome to the One Ring!

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Welcome to the forum Eric. Please don't be put off by any of the gripes and moans you will inevitably stumble across here by persistently negative members who feel they have been in some way wronged by GW. You will soon get to recognize who they are. There are plenty of us here who are still very positive about the game and the figure releases as and when they come.