All times are UTC

It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:46 am

Post subject: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello,

I've been lurking for about a year and have finally got my finger out and registered.

I've been playing Warhammer and 40K for about 20 years, but finally got around to SBG when my better half got me a bunch of GW vouchers for my birthday.

So far I've painted the entire contents of the MoM box set, plus enough Moria stuff to field a fully painted 500 point army (I paint slowly....as I type this I'm waiting for the varnish to dry on a Shaman and a Prowler so I can stick static grass on the bases). I've also got a Rohan army on the go.

I'm loving the SBG system, there's no way I'd introduce a non-gaming friend to WH or 40K now that I have SBG. I ran a mate through the MoM 'Getting Started' booklet last weekend, and after a couple of years of him calling me a 'saddo' (all friendly banter, of course) he was hooked, reading through my rulebook while I set the table up, picking up on the tactical play during the game and browsing through my sourcebooks looking for his favourite characters from the films afterwards. His girlfriend was watching some saturday night rubbish with mine at the same time, but even she wants to have a go at painting some stuff. 2 more potential addicts to our plastic crack thanks to SBG....result.

A special hello to Whitewizard (a regular 40K victim, ahem.....opponent of mine) and Daersalon, who I met yesterday, nice to meet you buddy.

I think my goblins are dry now!

laters,

Damian

http://s10.zetaboards.com/The_Titans/index/
 Post subject: Re: Hello Everyone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

:D SBG is the best. Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy your stay. Put some pictures up in the wip forum, I want to see these goblins. :)
Also good to hear your encouraging others to join, it's so much more fun when you have some good friends/relatives who also enjoy playing....get some good after (and pre) game banter going.....Ah yes, good times... :-D
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:33 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Welcome, indeed. LoTR is a wonderful game, and I hope that you enjoy it much!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:23 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Welcome to The One Ring! Please tell your girlfriend that the high from wargaming is better than shoe shopping and easier to master than understanding men!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ice Queen wrote:
Welcome to The One Ring! Please tell your girlfriend that the high from wargaming is better than shoe shopping and easier to master than understanding men!

Ha Ha Ha very poetic lol :rofl:

Welcome to the site Damian 8)

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk