All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:13 am

Post subject: Fell beast
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:23 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

With the new box came the plastic fell beast and I am currently putting together a second one.
The instructions say, that it should not be glued onto the transparent stick, but after putting together the beast, it's just rather loose and does not hold well, but the beast pretty much hangs down. What can I do about that?

Also, are there any conversion possibilities for other poses? (changed wings, or tail for example?)

Post subject: Re: Fell beast
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I know Mapper used the tail off of a Warhammer chaos manticore for his C shaped fell beast when it was missing a tail. It looks really great. You could always take a knife to the wings and shred them up a bit. Years ago, when the plastic fell beast kit first released there was a White Dwarf article on converting them with the named 'wraiths on them; this would be much easier now with the finecast 'wraiths. You should be able to find a PDF of it online.

As for the unstable base, try some 2 part epoxy glue. This stuff fills holes well and dries clear. Or you can always stuff some green stuff in there to close it up. But know that you are *gluing* him to the base and that could make transport difficult. You could always make a scenic base, there are some great examples on the internet or look at pictures of the fell best toys.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:44 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This blogger did a nice conversion:
http://simbattleboard.blogspot.com/2012 ... t.html?m=1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:39 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Rognarr wrote:
With the new box came the plastic fell beast and I am currently putting together a second one.
The instructions say, that it should not be glued onto the transparent stick, but after putting together the beast, it's just rather loose and does not hold well, but the beast pretty much hangs down. What can I do about that?

Also, are there any conversion possibilities for other poses? (changed wings, or tail for example?)

The Warrior of Minas Tirith has various molds that fit in the claws. Don't even need to adhere him if you need him for later, so thats a plus. Bow with loosed arrow works particularly well.