All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm

Post subject: Proxy for Arathron
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Greetings,

Until recently I have been using my aptly named Albinogorn (google it and you will see him in all his whiteness) as a stand in for Arathorn. Though he suits my needs, I would much prefer a non-Aragorn mini to depict the mighty hero's father. I do not like the Arathorn made by GW, the santa clause look on an aragorn face just doesn't do it for me. With that in mind I am in the market for an Arathorn proxy.

Some of the more obvious choices would be a Ranger of the North or Dunedain from GW. This is not a bad idea, I have a few minis which would be more than suitable, but I would also like to see what else is available. I have looked at many options and some of the more promising ones include Scotia Grendel's Ranger Hero or GW's Dunedain with sword out (their is only 1 with a sword, the other dunedain use bow/spears). I also looked through Mithril minis site but nothing really stood out to me. Any suggestions? I could always kit bash my own, I have been doing that a lot lately. If I were I would kit bash a Damrod with someone else.
 Post subject: Re: Proxy for Arathron
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:39 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Have you checked out http://darkswordminiatures.com/index.html. The sculpts are extremely detailed and cast in metal. The George R.R. Martin line http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/george-r-r-martin-masterworks.html is about the same size as GW in most cases.
 Post subject: Re: Proxy for Arathron
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:39 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I love dark sword and have a large collection. I find they run taller than gw so I reserve my ds minis for rpg