All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:55 am

Post subject: Azog in Chains
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

When the Hobbit Orcs initially came out, I was so strongly against them. They're way too good for their points in my view; as an extensive Mordor player (my gaming buddies sometimes forego my name and just call me Mister Mordor, many of these buddies started a Mordor army because they saw all the fun I have with it) I compare Morgul Stalkers to Hunter Orcs: nearly identical statlines, Stalkers have an Elven Cloak that they may or may not use, and cost almost twice as much. I didn't like it.

One day, I picked up a Hunter Orc box for half-price; this was the same day that I was thinking about a Morgul Stalker/Morannon Orc alliance, so the idea was already in my head. I caved and went for it with the HOs, but definitely needed to justify them to myself. I called them Mordor Berserkers, gave them a special paint job, still would like to do some converting on them, but that allowed me some peace of mind.

Now for something bigger. I don't know if it's Azog, Bolg, or something else, but I'm really liking the idea of Azog: again, only if I can justify it thematically.

I grew up watching WWE, I'm getting back into the performing art involved with it, and there's one moment I can't stop thinking about:

I can't accept a super-powered megahero that can take down Sauron in a couple of turns to be allowed in the army, but if he's something of a caged beast that they unleash in the direst need, that's an idea I'm really into. Azog all chained up like Kane in that video, being led out by some bodyguard Orcs, or Azog on his Warg both chained up, that would make me feel better about taking him and would look pretty damn badass.

Thus the whole point of this thread, has anyone done this sort of conversion before? I just need some inspiration before I shell out on the models
 Post subject: Re: Azog in Chains
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:30 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I was snooping and this was the closest I've found. There's also an attempt to do something similar with a Dragon on TLA (but the pictures on that topic are down), has anyone spotted any others?