All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:48 pm

Post subject: Help with a Valuation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:12 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This is a bit of an odd request however I will ask. I have a sealed boxset of 5 Serpent Riders Metal which I am going to sell, the problem is that they're none listed on Ebay so I have no idea what sort of prices I would be looking for. Ideally I would get enough to buy either the beast of Gorgoroth or a Mumakil, however they might only sell for £5.

If anyone could please give me a Min and a Max price that they would go for I would appreciate it. I tend to list my items on Ebay with a start price that I would accept rather than 0.99p and hoping. Many thanks guys, also is a Mounted Suladan (metal) a fair trade for a mounted wraith
 Post subject: Re: Help with a Valuation
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I have two boxes and don't actually like them as they only have two sculpts. I want them for my army only but prefer the harad plastic riaider set. Since I am a collector, I would bear that in mind when trying to make an item worth more than it really is just because it is metal.

But ebay is pretty easy to set up, set the start price around where the retail price was when the item was new and put a buy now at the price you want to make. then if it sells it will land somewhere in between. I just wouldn't hold such high expectations on an item just because it was originally made in metal.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

It really doesn't work like that, there is no set price. Its a case of item selling for whatever the demand for such an item between at least to competing bidders is at the time, this can vary enormously depending upon who want's to buy, how deep there pockets are and who's up against them. Prices can peak and crash in very short time periods.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:40 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Bilbo wrote:
Prices can peak and crash in very short time periods.

Very true!

I buy and sell alot of miniatures on e-bay, but I can't remember seeing any metal serpent riders up for auction recently. I purchases a set back in august which included 5 metal serpent riders and 3 serpent guards for only $5! it was the buy it now option. I can't say how much it would have sold for if it was an auction but I bet it would be much higher than $5
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:06 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I recently sold an unopened blister of 3 serpent guard for £41, so was hoping the serpent riders would go for much more - ill just put them on and let the market determine there value
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Ive had messages asking to post a link to the sale. I have not listed the items as of yet. I am unsure if posting a link to Ebay contravenes one-ring's t&cs so until that is clarified I would rather not post a link. However I will pm those people who have pm'd me.