All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 pm

Post subject: Spider-Man is coming to the MCU!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:09 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

For any other fans of the Marvel Cinematic Universe here's the good news. It has been confirmed by dozens and dozens of web sites.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/02/10/so ... c-universe

MiniWargaming
 Post subject: Re: Spider-Man is coming to the MCU!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:37 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

This is very awesome indeed. I do hope they continue with the (in my opinion excellent) current film series rather than rebooting yet again, but at the end of the day so long as we get to see Spidey, Cap and Stark hanging out then I'll be happy.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:40 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

So wait.....we had the Toby Mcguire trilogy, this new trilogy currently, then theyre going to put him in his own movie again with a new cast, and then one with other super heroes? Or is it just one with him and other heroes in addition to the two trilogys. This s*** is confusing.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:50 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

That's unclear. Either the marvel movie one will be a different seperate actor or they're rebooting again.

Ultimately idc what stupid stuff Sony chooses to do I just care that Spider-Man will be there alongside iron man, cap and the others when they face Thanos

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

JamesR wrote:
That's unclear. Either the marvel movie one will be a different seperate actor or they're rebooting again.

Or, there is the possibility that it's the same cast as the last 2 (Andrew Garfield and co), and the new Marvel-co-produced one will essentially be Amazing Spiderman 3, but he will also feature in Avengers and probably Civil War.

Click to: Show
For those unfamilliar, one of the key points of the Civil War comic series is Spidermand revealing his identity live on TV, before several attacks on his family cause him to switch over to Cap's 'resistance' side. If the Cap: Civl War film goes the same way, Amazing Spidey 3 could be based on the repurcussions of that, which could be cool.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

This is like that episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon explained the many paradigms of Spideyness to (knock-knock-knock) Penny.

Penny: Spider-Man. Get him Spider-Man.

Sheldon: Amazing Spider-Man, Ultimate Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, The Marvelous Adventures of Spider-Man, Spider-Man 2099?

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:08 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeeess... But It would be very logical and cool if Andrew Garfield is going to be in civil war and the avangers, allthough I doubt the last one will happen.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

There were "issues" with Garfield during the last film. It actually seamed a lot like the "issues" the Batman films had with Bale in the way it was presented as an actor not working well with others. So, Bale was out and yay we get the fantastic acting skills of Ben Aflick (sarcasm) to look forward to in the Superman/Batman film instead of Bale.
So...
Did Sony decide they wanted Garfiled out and then were stuck wanting to make new films but not reboot a third time and PO audiences? Was this an perfect opportunity for them to get a new spidey, use the Marvel instant popularity to spring board it, and then spin off some new films with a new actor in the peter parker spot?
I think that we are looking at a new spidey folks. The obvious dodge and no answer to if they would use a new face for spidey I would use as evidence to add to my speculation.

Either way, I am very happy to see Spidey join the marvel universe where he belongs. Wish that X-men would too, since Avengers showed a different Quicksilver and different Scarlet Wich than X-men used, I would say they are currently not on the same page with this as us fans are.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:58 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

SOOO, the last 2 Spider-Man films have somewhat underperformed, with the last one making Sony roughly 1 million dollars, which is terrible for a movie that cost 250-300 million dollars. So Sony needed something new for the series, they even pushed back and considered canceling their new trilogy. The reason we got the new trilogy was because they need to release at least 1 Spidey movie every 5 years to keep the license. So they could keep their current schedule and make a most likely bad movie, let the license expire (which is obviously unthinkable) or make nice with Marvel. So they made nice with Marvel. From what I've heard, this is now another reboot, BUT it won't feature his origin. It'll be like The Incredible Hulk: we're shown his origin in the first minutes of the credits, then we get a movie set many years later. But this time, Spidey will most likely appear in Cap 3, which will be made and co-produced by Marvel, then he'll be in his own movie, made and co-produced by Sony. So The MCU is most likely going to have extra Spidey related movies going on concurrently without costing Marvel all that much in resources. I feel like everyone wins this way: Marvel finally gets it's most popular hero back, Sony can make money without another embarrassment, and we win because SPIDER-MAN IS NOW GOING TO BE IN THE SAME MOVIE AS IRON MAN AND CAPTAIN AMERICA.

As for X-Men, I'm kinda glad they're in their own universe. Can you imagine an Avengers movie with an extra 30 characters? Some (Hawkeye) don't get enough attention as it is.

Last edited by Draugluin on Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:24 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

"SPIDER-MAN IS NOT GOING TO BE IN THE SAME MOVIE AS IRON MAN AND CAPTAIN AMERICA."

Don't you mean "NOW"? From what I'm reading and hearing he'll be fully integrated before Avengers 3 Infinity War when they face Thanos

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:09 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

YES I WAS TYPING A BIT TOO FAST.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:27 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Draugluin wrote:
YES I WAS TYPING A BIT TOO FAST.

Lol, I was starting to worry something had been announced that Id missed

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:34 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Draugluin wrote:
As for X-Men, I'm kinda glad they're in their own universe. Can you imagine an Avengers movie with an extra 30 characters? Some (Hawkeye) don't get enough attention as it is.

On one hand, I'd love a deal to be made that allows a version of Wolverine to appear in an MCU film, just so we coulg get to see 'proper' New Avengers lineup with Spidey, Cap and Wolverine heading up the team post-Thanos. It would be a big enough changeup to keep it interesting, deal with expiring contracts for Thor/Stark ect and still have an air of familiarity with the 3 A-list Marvel characters front and centre.

However, Fox are doing amazing things with the X-men rights. As far as I'm concerned they haven't put a foot wrong with the X-movies yet, and the last 3 have been easily on par with anything Marvel have put out. I'm fine with them continuing to do their thing, and remaining their own separate entity, so long as they don't go for a big 'crossover' like Marvel and DC and mash the Fantastic 4 (the only other rights they have) together with them.

I am kind of annoyed by the news that the Amazing Spiderman films are being axed, as I thought they were great and going to get even better (and I was looking forward to Sinister Six and Venom: Carnage, both of which are probably going to be cut), but at the end of the day, if they aren't going to retread the origin story then it shouldn't be too hard to self-rationalise the new Spiderman with the ASM continuity, barring any major retcons.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:53 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I wouldn't mind the FF being in the same universe as X-Men, but it doesn't look like they will be. I reall hate X3, but yeah, the rest have range from decent to really good. I really hate ASM2, even though I fell ASM was the best Spidey movie yet. ASM2 just tried too hard to be too many things, and it really suffered for it. I'm gladr they got the rights back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:47 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I'm not a fan of Andrew Garfield but I would prefer it if they kept him instead of getting a replacement. Please no more reboots, they can change the actor but keep the same universe that TASM already established, I don't need to see another re-imagining of Green Goblin which wouldn't look like anything that is in the comics... AGAIN.

I do want to see Spider-man in Civil War if they can fit him in late into the script. Marvel Studios and Sony have been dealing for quite a long while now that maybe there is a Civil War script with the inclusion of Spider-man if the deal went through.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:03 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I thought it would be cool to have x-men, not so they can have entire teams in with entire avenger teams, but so appropriate characters can be used.

Wolverine hunting down the hulk... instant mega hit origin story. Can include Alpha Flight tie ins.

Beast working with congress to stop the registration act (Not just Mutant but all power beings).

Spidey Friends with Bobby and FireStar? ok maybe not that, though firestar would be hot, pun intended.

And if Hydra is going to use Quick Silver and Scarlet Which, then I would love to see a Magneto Cameo somewhere... I doubt he would enjoy seeing trapped and enslaved Mutants especially his own children.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:12 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

It's because of the rights disputes that MCU QS and SW aren't mutants anymore. You really can't include ASM in the MCU. There wasn't any mention of the alien invasion in either of them, which at best would mean that those took place before Avengers, but then where the heck was Spidey during the invasion? Why has there been no mention of the Spidey villains in the MCU? Green Goblin, Lizard, Rhino and especially Electro are big enough threats to call in at least one of the Avengers, if only so Stark/SHIELD could study/contain them. ASM can't really fit into the MCU in any way, so I for one glad they're rebooting him without actually doing another origin story.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:54 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I think it was stupid to have another trilogy so soon. I didnt find it exciting at all. Will be cool to see him with those other guys.....

I realize the irony in saying this being a veteran but I hate Captain America and the new movies....good thing spider man can be there to help.

I love the Iron Man films as well.

I actually would like a film where some how there is a city thats like rampantly filled with crime and Batman and Spider man have to both go there. That would be fun for me.

Im sure comic nuts will shriek and throw eggs at me but I think they are the two most realistic, down to earth super heroes and dont try to kill people even though they have their dark moments.

It would be difficult though to do and make sense of.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:01 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:

I actually would like a film where some how there is a city thats like rampantly filled with crime and Batman and Spider man have to both go there. That would be fun for me.

That's extremely unlikely as they're in essence two competing products, one owned by Marvel (Spider-Man) and the other DC (Batman)

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:47 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

No I know that. Thats part of the difficulty. But wouldnt it be interesting?