All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 am

Post subject: Re: My House Frey T-Shirt :D
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:14 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

King Ondoher wrote:
I must admit, I quite admire the few Freys who fought with King Robb for remaining loyal to him when the rest of their family are treacherous curs. Stevron Frey fought for Robb and died at Oxcross. The Freys kept Olyvar away from the RW because he was too loyal to Robb.

Hang Lord Walder and all the Freys who participated in the RW, and put Olyvar Frey in charge, and THEN you can call me a Frey fan.

In that case I completely understand your position. As people, there aren't many in the story who are that nice. Some are and don't deserve the abuse, and I give the unmentioned the benefit of the doubt.

However, people's reactions to the
Click to: Show
Red Wedding
are so funny, that I can't help but like the others ta times.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 1:43 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Only three weeks to go. *gulp*

This is the song I will be wetting myself to, come the 9th of June.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:59 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Sorry Gothmog,
but I'm privately convinced House Frey will be eradicated. They are of no use to the Lannisters anymore, so those won't save them, Stannis needs to kill them to get the North, apart from his iron sense of justice. Jon wants them deader then dead (a talented commander). So does Bran (mage-ish person). And Sansa (a player in the game by the next book, I think). And Arya (a trained, nigh-unfailing assassin).
Then Dany would kill them out of disgust with what they did, just like she spiked up the Great Masters. Euron just wants to kill everything in his path. The only way they'll live is if the Tyrells win the Game big time, because those have no reason to kill them off.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

So, Episode 9: The Rains of Castamere, THE EPISODE of Season 3, airs tonight.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:24 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:49 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

@Ondoher, :lol: at both of those, especially the one in the spoiler tag. Awesome find.

I won't be watching it tonight. The family are busy, so far I have only watched episodes 1-6, as have my dad and sister. My mum has only watched 1-2.

If any of them get themselves spoilered it is their faults as far as I am concerned.

I found that
Talisa will be joining Robb and Cat in the grave
was confirmed.

@Telchar, you are probably right unfortunately :(

Maybe they will bring down those ri-donk- ulous Greyjoy brothers with them.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:00 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Talisa was the most shocking and brutal thing in the entire scene. It was extremely disturbing what the Freys did to her, even for Game of Thrones.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:07 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

King Ondoher wrote:
Talisa was the most shocking and brutal thing in the entire scene. It was extremely disturbing what the Freys did to her, even for Game of Thrones.

Never been a fan of Talisa, but if Wikipedia is correct, then I agree, it does seem a little far, but...

... The Red Wedding and people's reactions will still be more than pretty funny, I have my t-shirt at the ready, and I am getting ready to gloat evilly. :twisted:

On a side note, these tags will soon not be necessary.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

This has got to be my favourite, from youtube.

Quote:
Im gonna [word deleted] burn George R.R Martin's house down!!! That was the worst off the worst things you can do to fans. Ive never seen such a major let down!!! [word deleted] you Martin!!! [word deleted] YOU1!!!!

We had a short conversation, the gist of which involved me politely telling him that if he can't handle Game of Thrones, then he should quit watching the show for the sake of maintaining his own sanity.

Then he made this comment (Warning: bad language).

Quote:
did I ask for you to be my advice animal or some [word deleted] douchebag? hm... Oh wait, I didnt! So mind your own [word deleted] cumbucket.

On topic, I would really like to see Walder Frey fed alive to the Stark Direwolves. It would be great to see Summer, Shaggydog, Nymeria and Ghost chomping down on him. Such is my level of enmity for him. And Roose Bolton! He is the real villian of the episode. I want to see Roose Bolton and his b*stard son flayed alive themselves - that would be a truly poetic justice.

On the other hand, I'm disappointed that they cut the good Frey's from the show, the ones who fought for Robb and were so loyal to him that they were kept away from the Red Wedding by the rest of the family. They would have shown that not all the Freys are bad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:47 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I confess I have to laugh at fan reactions, people should be reading the books anyway. Freaking out at HBO when they are following plot is just inane.

When I read what the Freys did in the book, I gulped, swallowed, and carried on. For the story as a whole, it works. But the very next chapter, I thought he did it again, and to my favourite character of all. It was the one and only time I've actually thrown a book across the room. But I kept reading, and it was worth it in the end.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:06 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Some people, just some people. It's a TV show not real life. (Still not watched it by the way)

And in any case:

:-D :-DALL HAIL THE FREYS :-D :-D

Why do people like Arya so much anyway? She is overrated, Sansa is much better.

Ondohor, how dare you insult the almighty Lord Roose Bolton as well as the McAwesome Freys? Bolton is the best villain. Cheering on the antagonists makes better drama, because they usually always lose, this is a nice change.

I never threw my book against the room, can you guess why? Beside, I already knew they would die, but I thought it was unrelated to the Red Wedding which I thought would by Joffrey's wedding in which he, Sansa and either Margaery or Cersei went.

@Ondoher, so they missed out the friendly Freys did they?

My poor sweet Olyvar Frey... :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:16 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

GothmogtheWerewolf wrote:
Why do people like Arya so much anyway?

Do you mean in the book, or the show? If the book...them's fightin' words... :-X

:)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:32 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Oh man. I haven't read any of the books. No time. So after watching this weeks episode my face was like this
0_0
O

For about 10 minutes
Woah. Intense.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:53 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I have read the books but have not seen the TV versions (even though they film it mostly around Northern Ireland, including the interiors. I know some people who auditioned for parts as extras.
Read the Wars of the Roses histories which is where a lot of the idea came from and you will see that GRRM actually has toned down some of the brutality. The desire for power makes for some very ugly history.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:35 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

quote="whafrog"]
Why do people like Arya so much anyway?

Do you mean in the book, or the show? If the book...them's fightin' words... :-X

:)[/quote]
Both really. She's better in the books at first, but he character is not compelling enough to make
Braavos
seem like an interesting place at all. :Smackdown:

ukfreddybear wrote:
Oh man. I haven't read any of the books. No time. So after watching this weeks episode my face was like this
0_0
O

For about 10 minutes
Woah. Intense.

:D :D :lol: :lol: :yay: :yay: :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

Dorthonion wrote:
SNIP

I'm not surprised about that. Never got the impression that the books didn't pull their punches themselves. I was expecting much worse. The TVS series is, in places, a little worse. Except with the Unsullied bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

She's better in the books at first, but he character is not compelling enough to make...

That's a flaw with everything after book 3. He's lost his steam. I don't think he expected the success, and rather than forge on, he's let it go to his head and get distracted by other things, including bringing all his old stuff back into print. His old stuff is definitely not worth it, and the latest GoT book is a big yawner.

I hope he finishes some day, but if he can't bring back the intensity, GoT will forever end at book 3 for me.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:38 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dance of Dragons ends with some big cliffhangers that set the stage for a potentially great Book 6.

MAJOR SPOILERS FROM FUTURE BOOKS BELOW.

Jon Snow is apparently murdered by the Night's Watch. Some fan theories suggest that he warged into his Direwolf Ghost. Melisandre, a Red Priest of R'hllor is also present at the wall and might be able to resurrect him - which would make him a very strong candidate for Azor Ahai, the Game of Thrones version of the Messiah.

Mance Rayder has apparently been captured by Ramsay Snow/Bolton, and is being forced to use a cloak made from the flayed skins of his "Spearwives" companions. Ramsay is threatening to attack the Nights Watch.

Stannis Baratheon is about to fight a battle on a frozen lake against the Boltons and Freys. Theon (who escaped Winterfell) has been captured and Stannis is deciding whether to execute him. Bran Stark contacts Theon through the Weirwood trees and Ravens.

Arya has passed her final recruitment test and is inducted into the Faceless Men. Meanwhile she is still having Warg dreams about her direwolf Nymeria and remembers the people she wants to kill, so shes still retaining her Stark identity.

Barristan Selmy is preparing to fight the Yunkai to break the siege of Meereen. A Winds of Winter sample chapter reveals that he wins the battle. Victarion Greyjoy and his Ironborn fleet are just hours away from arriving at Meereen.

Daenerys was taken by her escaped dragon Drogon north to the Dothraki sea. Shes discovered by the Khalasar of Khal Jhaqo (who used to fight for her husband Khal Drogo).

Cersei is about to stand trial for her crimes.

The Martells are about to meet with "Aegon" Targaryen and will decide whether to join his rebellion.

Davos Seaworth has discovered that Rickon is on Skaagos with Osha. He'll likely go to find Rickon so he can be used as a figurehead to unite the North under Stannis Baratheon.

There are a LOT of plotlines coming to a climax, and Winds of Winter could potentially be the best book of the series as long as GRRM gets his act together and focuses on it.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:22 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:42 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Replying to Gothmog:

Why do people like Arya so much anyway? She is overrated, Sansa is much better.

Because Sansa's strength is in her psychology, so she's harder to follow and understand. And because Sansa is not quite conforming to our modern ideals of what a woman should be like (strong, independent). And because Arya is quite badass in her own way, though Sansa is indeed better.

Ondohor, how dare you insult the almighty Lord Roose Bolton as well as the McAwesome Freys? Bolton is the best villain. Cheering on the antagonists makes better drama, because they usually always lose, this is a nice change.

I agree on Bolton. Finally a fantasy villain who does not kill for the sake of it, who seems quite decent on the outside, and who had some real purpose behind all his evil, instead of just "killkillkill".

I never threw my book against the room, can you guess why? Beside, I already knew they would die, but I thought it was unrelated to the Red Wedding which I thought would by Joffrey's wedding in which he, Sansa and either Margaery or Cersei went

Robb dying was pretty obvious (St. Bartholemew's Night/The Blood Wedding?), it's so incredibly well written that I was shocked to the bone afterwards. And continued reading.

:puppy: