All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 4:13 am

Post subject: Citadel Finecast?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:08 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Usually i never see anything good said about it, decided to try it out with the uruk crossbows, and i have to say i was sorely disappointed. One of the arms is missing half a shoulder which means half the peg is missing too. Anothers helmet visor was broken, and half his face was missing, though i thought the face part would make a neat scar, so o was fine with it. On the half missing face, the peg at the shoulder was almost non existant. As for the others they came out fine in my opinion, other than a broken bolt.

I was just wondering if these issues are common for citadel finecast? I usually always buy non finecast sets off ebay second hand and have never seen any of these quality issues. Same for older sets i found at my local game store. If this is in the wrong section or against tos i apologize, just trying to base future purchasing decisions on answers.

"Bring your pretty face to my axe!" :gimli:
 Post subject: Re: Citadel Finecast?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:20 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

There are a couple of threads about the finecasts on the site already and while most of the older finecasts tend to be reviewed poorly they aren't always this way. From what people are reporting with the newest finecasts, such as those for The Hobbit, they are coming out perfectly.

The problem with Crossbowmen is that if any of the miscasts are still in the house from when they first started to make them, you might luck out and get one of them while the ones that are more recently cast will probably not have as many or no issues. About a month ago I ordered some High Elf Spearmen and some of them the feet had to be reshaped as the detail was lost in some thick flash; but don't forget that even with the metals there were problems with miscasts from time to time.

All you can really do is get it exchanged, from what most people have said GW is really good about sending you replacements for miscasts.

Here are a few threads that talk about them:

viewtopic.php?f=30&t=22426

www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=24548
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Put it like this: GW has moved their quality assurance department to their customers.

Buy at your own risk, don't hesitate to swap. I've had a bad experience with Finecast in the past, eventually asking my money back.

Depending on whether I will continue with The Hobbit game or not I might check out some of the new releases as I've heard the same rumors that indeed these might be better quality.

twitter.com/CorvusMinis
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:40 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

The recent Finecasts are fantastic; it's only the older ones that still suck.