All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:18 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 5 Facts About You!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 4:49 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Awesome stuff in this thread!

1. I am a very large man (6'6", 300 lbs.) who likes to collect and paint very small things.
2. I have a B.A. in Theological Studies with a minor in Biblical languages (Greek & Hebrew). I am an ordained Pentecostal minister.
3. I have also worked as a newspaper sports clerk, grocery stockist, security guard, fireworks salesman, freight handler, waiter, high school history teacher, and school bus driver.
4. I love hiking and camping. Since my son is in Cub Scouts, we get to do quite a bit of that sort of thing.
5. I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world!

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

nice to learn some of you guys :-D

here some of mine:

1- I like sbg :-D
2- im still at secondary school
3- i Like making terrain
4- when I and some others are free from school the whole day we play in the hobby shop in the city center.
5- I especially like painting and terrain making above gaming, because I dont play that much

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:24 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

1. I recently regenerated in the same manner as Time Lords, i.e. had a radical appearance change :P
2. I've developed a fondness of waistcoats.
3. Although The Lord of the Rings is without doubt one of my favourite reads, the series that has always held a special place in my heart and had a profound effect on me is His Dark Materials trilogy by Philip Pullman.
4. Throughout my younger years I bought and played a lot of Evil, mainly Harad and Isengard. Nowadays though I'm a goody-two-shoes :-D *waves the banner of Rohan*
5. I'm about to start work on my first 'proper' gaming board, based on The Shire/The Battle of Bywater

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:40 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dead Marsh Spectre wrote:
5.If I could completely erase something from planet Earth it would be Peppa Pig :x

Ha ha! I would get shot of iggle piggle et al, but then im not sure how i would keep my daughter quiet?! :-D

1) i have a daughter aged 18 months who spits when being defiant
2) i have a BA in childhood studies (but clearly it doesnt mean i know squat about parenting, as shown in fact 1)
3) im totally new to the hobby but excited to start (come on payday)
4) im always on a diet, but cant stop eating yum yums so i never shift any weight (yum yums are long, glazed donuts)
5) im seriously bad with typo's

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Erunion wrote:
Awesome stuff in this thread!

1. I am a very large man (6'6", 300 lbs.) who likes to collect and paint very small things.
2. I have a B.A. in Theological Studies with a minor in Biblical languages (Greek & Hebrew). I am an ordained Pentecostal minister.
3. I have also worked as a newspaper sports clerk, grocery stockist, security guard, fireworks salesman, freight handler, waiter, high school history teacher, and school bus driver.
4. I love hiking and camping. Since my son is in Cub Scouts, we get to do quite a bit of that sort of thing.
5. I am married to the most beautiful woman in the world!

Darth Vader was 6'6"!!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:58 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Lets have another 5.

1.) Currently playing halo 4 - greatest halo game since halo 3.
2.) Also playing Angry Birds Star Wars - Best value game I have ever purchased.
3.) According to my xbox, I have racked up 189 hours on xbox live in the last year :oops:
4.) I may be slightly addicted to I'm a celebrity get me outta here :oops:
5.) HOBBIT STUFF! :D :D

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2012 3:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Amarthadan wrote:

Darth Vader was 6'6"!!!! :shock:

Indeed.

:E

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Gotta do this... Uurrgh, will have to limit meself to 5 facts

1. Let's start with this: I can pretty much count myself as being the ultimate definition of 'a nerd'. I spend my days with mathematics & sciences, spending free time on watching, reading, rpg'ing, and wargaming sci-fi & fantasy.
Socially, I am quite a failure. I mean, I can never find anythin to talk about with wel... 'Normal' people.
Don't wear glasse though

2. Aside from that, I do like to play with words. So acting (8 years of classes) & writing (mainly short-stories), got it! Have quite an obsession with British somehow, so I tend to do those 2 in that language. I give presentations, help other students out with their studies, etc. to get some hobby budget.

3. I think the hobbit must've been my first novel, when I was +- 6 years old? From there on, I became one hell of a reading freak (I think my parents saved me a couple of times from not being ran over by a bus while reading). Started with Lotr SBG about a year later. I played Lotr for about 5 years with no other companion than myself & an occasional friend or guest I could lure into my evil trap. Most of them didn't even know how to play chess... Oh well, not like any of my minis were that artistic.

4. I love keeping my mind bussy with all of the above. I spend hours creating lists one small pieces of paper, making notes for short stories. I occasionally design a boardgame as well. And of course, running a D&D campaign gives you something to think about as well (Yes, I think I am one Belgiums youngest Dm's). I'd just sit there, and talk out loud to myself... Sometimes I'd act out what I want to create... Yes, a lot of people think I'm a little bit mad.

5. Yes, the Dwarven script on my avatar is missing 1 lettre... I't like that on all my online accounts. Why I keep it that way? Well, actually I promised myself I'd change it when someone would point it out...
:roll:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:02 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Florien wrote:
4) im always on a diet, but cant stop eating yum yums so i never shift any weight (yum yums are long, glazed donuts)

You must live up North within distance of a... Cooplands? :D

1. I consider myself to have potential talent in a number of areas but I'm too unmotivated to do anything half the time.
2. I love Mass Effect so much. It's gotta be my favourite Sci-fi universe! I've even got some N7 dogtags :D
3. I often leave a spare hair elastic(s) around my wrist. It often leaves a deep imprint from being tight all day, and my partner tells me off. :rofl:
4. I'm terrible at present buying because I always wanna tell people what I bought them. Consequentially, I hate Christmas for this reason.
5. BUT I LOVE CHRISTMAS. Brb, I need to make a Christmas Avatar.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:24 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Eh, sure what the heck.

1. I'm currently in my first semester of college on an Air Force ROTC scholarship (I'm getting paid to go to school, which really helps when buying minis!) studying Civil Engineering.
2. I'm a pretty big dude too, 6'3", but I have lost 35 pounds (weight measurement, not money!) in the last 4 months, so I don't feel quite so big anymore.
3. I first read the Hobbit in 3rd grade and flew through LotR in a matter of 1 week when I was in 4th grade. I got a LOT of points that year in a reading competition from JUST those 4 books, 5th in the entire school.
4. I have reread The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings and Silmarillion so many times, I can't read them anymore, I know them too well. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any of the Lost Tales books.
5. I am a diehard Christian who puts God, Family and Country first.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:49 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Five more for the pot:

1: I have been in and out of hospital for surgery and associated forms of torture due to a nasty wee tumour.
2: Bad as that is, losing my big Staffie to old age and ill health earlier this year was awful and hit me a lot worse because he's gone and I can be bolted back together after a fashion.
3: Medication does not improve my weird sense of humour.
4: I am beside myself with anticipation of 14th December 2012...
5: I discovered The Big Bang Theory this year (the TV series, not the actual Big Bang...). It's sort of appropriate, given that I do techie work, have been in Uni and College 3 times accumulating letters after my name, and I have a fondness for things that make very loud noises (NOT including small children). Bazinga.

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:47 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

1. I play Lord of the Rings Online a lot, as in I spent an unhealthy amount of time on that game.
2. I work at the United States Post Office, in one of their sorting facilities.
3. I enjoy cooking, something about getting down and dirty with fresh ingredients and putting together a dish soothes me.
4. I enjoy historical representations of Anglo Saxon culture, but cannot find a group to participate in since this seems to be a mostly English and European type of deal.
5. I wake up at 5:30am to get to work on time, and get home 8pm-8:30pm depending on whether there's traffic or the bus/trolley is running slower than normal.

"Bring your pretty face to my axe!" :gimli:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

1. About ten years ago I was a full time internet terrorist, got something like 567 lifetime bans in online forums and so on (good times, as a side job I was studying)
2. Once and only once I competed in a bodybuilding competion
3. I'm guilty for being a smartass
4. I'm a diehard atheist
5. I'm guilty as well for being a lawyer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This looks like fun
1. I started my tabletop wargaming hobby when i was 6
2. On my 11th birthday i was hit by a car
3. I've never broken a bone in my body
4. I want to study zooology if i ever get through school
5. I play the tennor horn
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:02 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

People were right about that gold coin!
1.I'm 13 and in third class of secondary school
2.I'm spending my free time on horseriding, debating, archery, playing the guitar and of course making new point lists over and over again
3.I'm currently working on a naval WW2 game.
4.I'm probably going to continue with all school subjects appart from Biology, German, and Greek next year, but only spend around half an hour a day at school (aside from being at school).
5.I'm a hardstyle dj and I'm realy fond of hardstyle, rock, punk and metal music, oh, and I'm REALY fond of Two Steps From Hell

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:09 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

1 I love debating, and I'm quite good at it (if I may say so myself) if I take enought time to prepare. Sadly, I tend to get carried away a bit too much, to the point where people start to take it personal.
2 I'm pretty much the antithesis to "politically correct".
3 I have a lot of rules project in the go, but the only ones that're anywhere near completion are the Napoleonic project and the ASIOAF project.
4 I love good food of all kinds, except vegetables.
5 I play the alt recorder.

:puppy:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:14 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

1. I got my first figures (MoM) for my twelfth birthday (I'm 17 now).
2. I'm a Christian.
3. I play the trombone in my school orchestra and brass group, in a youth orchestra on Saturday mornings, and in my church. I also play the piano, and love the organ, but I haven't quite got the hang of the pedals!
4. My iPod is full of classical music (none of this rap malarkey and whatnot :P ) and I particularly like Baroque (yay Bach! :D )
5. I'm studying Biology, Chemistry, Maths and Music at the moment, and I would like to be a dentist in the future.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:16 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Facts about me...

1. Legolas is my favorite LOTR character
2. I don't own a TV
3. My favourite food is Latina pasta
4. I'm only new to LOTR SBG
5. I live in Australia! :-D

Check out my WIP! :meh:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:36 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Great thread this! :)

1) I am half English and half Scottish, though i have spent the majority of my life in England so i consider myself more English much to my Dad's annoyance! :-D

2) I like football and i support Sheffield Wednesday. Other sports i enjoy are basketball, golf and archery though i'm rubbish at all of them.

3) I'm 24 but i have spent most of my working life so far as a landscape gardener for my local council. That's probably why i really like hobbits :oops:

4) I suffer from a mental health condition called body dysmorphic disorder.

5) Pepperoni pizza. I just love pepperoni pizza so much. :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 4:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

1) I like studying Aztec history.
2) I want to study Astronomy for my graduate degree.
3) I am ambidexterous.
4) I love Rock 'n' Roll.
5) This forum keeps distracting me from my studies :)
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next