All times are UTC

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: 5 Facts About You!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:09 am 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

1. Been playing Lotr from RotK (FOR GONDOR)
2. Love the states, been there 7 times since 1999 on various holidays. (currently there now)
3. If it has Star wars or Lotr in the title, I'll probably buy it
4. LEGO
5. Signature Dish? Probably a sweet & sour pork stir fry
5. ( :P ) I love paramore. :D

Mid Sussex Wargamers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Quote:
I am an athiest and I really like the Flying Spagetti monster analogy, which I once used as an excuse to put the phone down when we were called by a call centre.

Hahaha how did that call go?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This is fascinating - what an interesting bunch you all are!
Here are mine:

1: I'm a Christian and preach regularly at our church
2: I'm a science teacher
3: I play ultimate frisbee (have played in national, european and world champs) and now also coach the GB U17 team
4: I have been married for 10 years and have 2 great children
5: I have broken 10 bones at various stages of my life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 4:50 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

ok here is mine :-)
1:I have the bone of mamut on my shelves togheter with some other fossils
2:I drink a liter milk a day
3:i like drawing and trying to make comics (got one published so far)
4:my fish swims in dirty water, i gotta change it again b4 he swallows his own poo again
5:colour blind

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:15 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sticky Fingersss wrote:
Quote:
I am an athiest and I really like the Flying Spagetti monster analogy, which I once used as an excuse to put the phone down when we were called by a call centre.

Hahaha how did that call go?

:rofl:

That answer should suffice.

back to the thread people :arrow:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:09 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hey discussion is totally allowed, that's what the thread's for.

You just have to post five more facts each time you post :P

1. I just had hot dogs for tea :D
2. Currently my nails are painted a lovely violet colour. Somehow I managed to do my most recent painting without ruining it!
3. I write articles for an up and coming Gaming website.
4. Disaronno Amaretto is my poison.
5. I love buying Special Editions of videogames - my favourite I own is the AC: Brotherhood one, with the awesome marble-effect box and Altair's Codex :D

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I like this :-) Here goes-

1) My two sons got me into this hobby, both still members but both lapsed now - soon to be 22 and 19.
2) I've only had one job in nearly 34 years of work - working in the environmental field for British Steel/ Corus / Tata Steel
3) As regards reading - my first love was Science Fiction then Science Fantasy from Asimov and Arthur C Clarke to George RR Martin and Stephen Donaldson. Some bloke called Tolkien isn't too bad either :-)
4) I've played guitar in bands in the late 70's early 80's and can play guitar (electric and acoustic), mandolin, low whistle and Irish bouzouki.
5) Born and bred in Sheffield, I love Henderson's relish (the only sauce worth knowing) and Yorkshire pudding's but dislike Curry's and Chinese.

Azog

Forum Guidelines
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=25260
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

So here goes...

• I'm a keen long distance runner. I ran competitively at county level in both primary and secondary school however due to clashes with my trainer in secondary school, stopped running competitively. I still continued to run though and now run in different events for fun and/or for charity.
  • I enjoy charity work. I helped a huge amount with a local schools' Sport Relief campaign in the past and since then have felt a lot stronger on the subject of charity. A long term goal of mine is to set up my own charity but a shorter term goal is to run a website with the aim to raise awareness of smaller and more obscure charities.
  • I'm a huge film lover. I talk to people about this all the time and often get the response 'oh that's a cop out hobby', but it's not I can assure you. I often write reviews for films on IMDb as well as update IMDb pages for films with different trivia, goofs and box office totals. I will watch almost any film whether it be romance, action, comedy or horror. To my shame I even enjoy the odd chick flick...
  • My favourite music genre is Indie/Alternative. Favourite bands include Alt-J, Radiohead, Bloc Party, Coldplay, Snow Patrol, Stereophonics, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, The Stone Roses, The Who, The Vaccines, The Undertones, The Kinks, Embrace, Hard-Fi, Athlete, Anberlin, The Coral, Blur, The Subways, The Courteeners, Linkin Park, Of Monsters And Men... actually I think that will do as a list for now. There are hundreds more I could list as well (not to forget some of the classics like Led Zep and Queen)
  • My favourite sport to watch is Formula 1, easily. I have been a fan of Formula 1 since growing up and have followed it ever since. Once I'm earning more money there's nothing I want to do more than take a holiday to Monte Carlo for the Monaco Grand Prix...
Now I compare mine with other peoples', I think I may have chatted away a little too much...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:08 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Red Corsairs wrote:
Now I compare mine with other peoples', I think I may have chatted away a little too much...

Nonsense! That was very enjoyable to read. We have similar music taste, to an extent.

* My music taste is fairly eclectic - as long as I enjoy something, it doesn't matter what genre it is, though it's often based in Rock or Electro. My favourite artists include Warpaint, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, The Mars Volta, The Kooks, Goldfrapp (all of whom I've seen live, some more than once), Dot Hacker, Justin Timberlake and John Frusciante. I often listen to movie and videogame soundtracks too.

* As an extension from the above, I LOVE music DVDs. I play guitar and bass myself, so it's really cool to have a collection of great concerts to watch, especially of bands I love. My John Butler Trio live at St Gallen is especially important as I found it so hard to get hold of for a reasonable price :P

* My favourite foods, in order, are Chinese, Mexican and Italian. I love cooking Chinese food, and Tex Mex restaurants are some of my favourite places to eat out.

* I haven't picked my guitar up for about 6 months, and I feel really guilty as I have a lovely Marshall amp.

* If you leave anything with chocolate in it nearby, it'll be gone in ten seconds.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:20 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Red Corsairs wrote:
Favourite bands include ... Arctic Monkeys, The Stone Roses ...

Awesome, I don't know anyone else who knows these bands. Radiohead is my ultimate fave, I'll have to check out the others (except Coldplay... :x )
...o right, 5 more facts:

1) The last 5 albums I played are by King Sunny Ade, K'naan, The National, Neutral Milk Hotel, and Metric
2) The last video game I played was Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Still waiting for a Mac version of The Old Republic and eagerly waiting for Star Wars 1313
3) The last big lake I canoed in was Winnage Lake in northern Ontario. You need to portage 1km to get into it over some pretty rough terrain, but it's worth it: clear, blue, remote enough, and ultimately Canadian :)
4) Been an atheist since I can remember, but I'm pretty low-key about it, having numerous religious relatives. The last religious argument I had was with Jehovah's Witnesses: they showed me a picture of a mowed park with deer and bunnies on it, and told me that's what God was going to set up for everyone soon. I said, "But, that's not a viable ecosystem." They left.
5) The last movie I watched was The Raid. Normally martial arts movies aren't my first choice, but this movie had amazing choreography and seamless editing. It's a serious work of art.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:53 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

1: Every tooth in my mouth is fake, I have 12 implants with 24 teeth attached
2: I have 3 masters degrees, 1 in literature, 1 in teaching, and one in reading instruction.
3: My father never read to me "kids books" earliest memories are of him reading me Hobbit, LotR, Narnia Chronicles, Watership Down . . . etc.
4: I have a 4 year-old daughter and a 3 week old son. The son explains why I am on during prime UK times, yet I live in Chicagoland area.
5. I've been painting miniatures since I was 6 years-old . . . I turn 34 in September.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:01 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

IsleStaggerholm wrote:
3: My father never read to me "kids books" earliest memories are of him reading me Hobbit, LotR, Narnia Chronicles, Watership Down . . . etc.
4: I have a 4 year-old daughter and a 3 week old son. The son explains why I am on during prime UK times, yet I live in Chicagoland area.

Re. point 3 - I think this must be where the insatiable hunger for Lotr must come from as my grandad used to read Lotr to me from a very early age and I've ended up in the same boat as yourself... the very deepest of collectors!

Re. point 4 - Lol I feel for you mate

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 11:03 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

You guys are all so interesting! So much I didn't know.

1. I love spending holidays abroad, in the last 10 years I've spent my time in Africa, France, US, Germany and UK.
2. My name is Drumstick because I used to collect drumsticks from places around the world.
3. I've played the cello for 7 years
4. I want to work in the film props/modelmaking industry, and have already taken a course to get my started
5. I play airsoft with several of my friends. I just recently bought myself a new AK-47 with 420 fps and had a 6 hour skirmish last week.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:08 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Great idea for a thread 8)

1) I started collecting LotR in 2003 (9 years ago) so I was 7 at the time.
2) I play tennis on a regular basis, although I find watching most sports incredibly boring and I have very bad co-ordination
3) I'm really clumsy - I ran into a wall (which I knew was there) when I was 8 and broke a tooth, and when I was 9 I drove a quad-bike into a fence post and broke my thumb
4) I start college in September, and I'll be studying Maths, Biology, Chemistry and Drama
5) I enjoy playing board and card games, my favourites have to be Carcassone, Blokus, Fluxx, Citadels and Monopoly City

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:03 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

hmmmm time for 5 more .....
1. I have a wife and three creatures errrr sorry I mean kids, Two girls and a boy.
2.My favourite music is Rock/Metal/Indie
3.I used to have 32 piercings in my face
4.I am a horror film addict!
5.If I could completely erase something from planet Earth it would be Peppa Pig :x

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:55 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Here's 5 more from moi...

• As of Monday I will be working for an IT Support Consultancy based in my hometown.
  • I play Snooker around once a week and am a member of the local Snooker Club.
  • I am currently sat with a portable fan next to my face because this room seems to accumulate so much heat even in the winter... even more so in this weather.
  • I don't do anywhere near as much painting as I should. In addition to this I always say I will paint something and then go on to not do so (though this applies to many non-hobby related things too...).
  • I wanted to join the Secret Intelligence Service (SIS) and even started learning Arabic to help me achieve entry but for one reason or another, I started looking into other career options instead.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:58 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

5 more!
1. I spend 1-2 hours a day playing my guitar (cort g210)
2. I spend a half hour a day cycling(apart from going to school)
3. My other hobbies, appart from wargaming, are playing with homemade bows and horseriding
4. There's only one game that is better than lotr IMO: Flames of War
5. I'm a fan of metallica and most other metal

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

1) I own a tarantula AND an iguana.
2) Living in Spain, I speak fluent Spanish. Como estas hoy amigo de mi alma?
3) I like playing overly difficult games like Super Meat Boy.
4) I have a tattoo of Meat Boy himself, and I am slowly Covering all my bod with tats.
5) I have an amazing girlfriend named Irene (LLLLLL)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:55 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

A little about me.

1) I'm a vegetarian...
2) I first read The Lord of the Rings when I was 11 and a year isn't complete without reading it again. I have a copy in Chinese :)
3) My other passion is photography, I enjoy being out with my camera.
4) Enjoy playing Forza 4 Motorsport on the X-Box but I'm no good at it :(
5) Love watching a good movie.....
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:45 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

some more from me:

1) We did have 3 cats, but one got mauled by two dogs, one died of bone cancer, which just leaves the one who is now 17 years old.
2) Before becoming a firefighter, I worked with sheet metal in the manufacturing industry, programming and operating CNC turret presses and laser cutting machines.
3) My first love was the Star Wars original trilogy, and I have a huge vintage memorabilia collection. Before my kids came along, I used to tour the convention circuit and get photographed with the actors. Anyone who is my facebook buddy will have seen all the photos! Now of course I'm a responsible grown up and don't have the disposable income I once did.
4) Before BGiME introduced me to Games Workshop, I had never stepped foot into one of their stores.
5) Before the LotR film trilogy came out, I had never read the book trilogy, despite owning it for several years. (I'm not big on reading thick novels). I have read it twice since though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next