All times are UTC

It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 7:00 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Lotr RPG Thread
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:28 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sulvan watched Kaldor in he midst of Goblins, and heard him call to the others to levae him. Ha!, he thought, the fool intends to perform a heroic sacrifice. Only fools do such a thing. It was time to help him along.

He waited until the other companions ahad started to leave, and became preoccupied a buy a couple of Iron Hill Guard Dwarves who had appearerd to rescue them. Taking advnatage of the distrcation, he drew one of the daggers he hid in his boots (In sheaths of course! Sulvan was not mad) and approached the Dwarf as he struggle to hold off some of the largest Blackshields he had ever seen. Acting swiftly, he stapped his venemous blade into the Dwarf's left leg, and then withdrew. In a few moments the Dwarf would weaken. The poison was fast acting, and he hoped one of the nearest Gobins would approach and finish him off. Not because he did not want the Dwarf to suffer, but because of the evidence.

Then he turned to a Dwarf who identified himself as Ragnar, asking; "who wants to get out of this place now, before more Goblins come. Or something much more formidable arrives?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 5:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Kaldor felt a sharp, sharp sensation in his back foot, he could not be bothered to check who had done it, he assumed it was merely a lucky goblin who had snuck around him. The blackshield closest to Kaldor took great advantage of this moment and hefted it's club high in the air. In one fell swing Kaldor was struck down by the brute. A cheer of celebration spread amongst the goblins, they had lost many of their number and relished in the defeat of their foes. All the goblins were distracted by the mad frenzy of scavenging his weapons and armour. Ofcourse eating the little fellow would follow but his amour was bolted on thick and it took all the goblins to even begin to work out how to get to the good, fleshy bits.

Kraq noticed the party had escaped and grew angry, he let out a spark of fire from his staff, cutting a path through his men to the body. Upon discovering it was not the rohirrim he howled: "DOWN THE PASSAGE!". Most of the goblins continued trying to unbolt the dwarf's armour, to which Kraq simply lifted the dwarf up, dragged him to the window, and threw him out. The large goblin who eanred the kill had taken one of Kaldor's shoulder pads, his helmet, and half of his chest piece, he quickly put them on and scavenged the dwarfs weaponry, naming himself the new champion.

During the frenzy Ragnar and his friend had entered the tunnel and the entrance had mysteriously been blocked off from sight by the 'iron tower' shield Kaldor dropped in the frenzy. Clearly the path being taken was unknown to the goblins yet it was littered with skulls and bones (all goblin). A few meters down lied the skull of a horse, followed by a few other horse bones, all encased in faeces. They were probably Baldr's as they were freshly laid. None of the mist which Kraq evidently fed of lied down here. During their trek through the cave, a vulture had began to follow the party, flying inbetween scrags of rock and undergrowth, it was evidently scouting the party, for what side was unkown yet no goblins had arrived thoughout the entire day-long trek through the caves. Eventually, the light of day shone through the holes of the cave, and the companions were soon drenched in light as they neared the end. Upon exiting they found themselves at the foot of a river. A few barges were tied up and in the short distance a small inn could be seen, one that had somehow survived living in the feet of not only moria but also gundabad AND the grey mountains, what an intriguing sight! The vulture had remained with the companions, it sat on a tree branch and clearly would follow them no matter where they go, whether it be on the river or to the inn.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 9:57 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sulvan was probably the only one of his companions who was not at all relieved to be out of the tunnels, although he was at least happy that the Drake hadn't eaten him. The Dwarf was dead, but he had originally wanted him alive and the man from Rohan was still alive! He hoped the Goblins had sense enough to search the bodies and report back to him through Ferny, whom he was sure was still on their trail.

The vulture that appeared around them, seemed to him, to be a spy of some kind, and he hoped that said spy was not working for Elves, or worse, the Eagles! Sulvan asked the rest of the companions what they wanted to do next, looking directly at Dwalvyn, pretended to look for leadership.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

"You bring death with you." From behind the company a young man stepped out from the trees, glancing up at the vulture, before returning his gaze to the companions. He was young. around 20, with dark hair and dark eyes, and looked much like he had some Gondor blood in him. Two arrows were in his quiver, another aimed Dwalvyn, and his dark green cloak hid his sword. "I may only have three arrows, but that would still mean three of you would die in return for my death, which is surely something you would not want, unless you were servants of the enemy. Now, who are you and what are you doing here?" The young man, Halthor, gave the companions a mistrustful look, waiting for their response, to see if he would fight them or not.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:46 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dwalvyn, as an aside, said to Sulvan "Not die to this crazed man, for starters." In response to the man, whom he'd already turned to face, he simply replied, "Besting the foul critters of the mountains. What about you?" He asked it in an accusatory manner, not best pleased that the man assumed a dwarf to be a Sauronic follower.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:10 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Halthor hesitated, lowering his bow slightly "Making sure I'm not killed by those who are my enemy. You came from the same place as the Goblins, so as far as I can tell, you could be working with them." He raised his bow again "For all I know, you could have led them here." His voice turned angry as he spoke those last few words.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"Goblins are here? I see none!" spoke a croaky voice from nearby, the vulture then leapt from his branch and stood beside Dwalvyn, whom he stood equal in size to.
"Kind man, I am in service to the brown sage, and I have witnessed this party rescue a town, fight a troll, and slay countless goblins within the grey pass. They epitomise the enemies of the dark lord. If anything, they should be asking you, young man, what you have done to thwart the enemy?!"
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:05 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Halthor was shocked by the talking vulture, he had not known such things existed, and his hands fell limply to his sides, dropping the bow as he did, the arrow landing harmlessly in the ground. "I... I d-did not k-know." He swallowed, trying to control his nerves. "I w-was sent with t-two others to deliver a l-letter. W-we stumbled upon the Goblins, and t-they killed them. We k-killed as many as we c-could, but there were too many." Halthor's hands were shaking as he spoke; that they could be fighting the Goblins had not occurred to him. "S-sorry for my rudeness. I didn't know you were friendly." He spoke more calmly now, but was still slightly nervous.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:49 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Sulvan nearly chuckled aloud at Dwalvyn's words, yes, living was defintately a good thing to be doing. The Rohirric man's reasoning seemed shocking to him, why on Middle-earth would servants of Sauron want to sacrifice themselves to take out one pathetic soul. What is exactly are Sauron's enemies coming to these days. he was about to add his on retort to the insulate boy, when to his great surprise, the vulture opened his mouth and spoke, though not as surprised as the fool, for Sulvan at least knew something of anthropomorthic animals.

He also decided that not only was the Rohirric man disposable, he had to be reomved swiftly, but until he knew more about the vulture, Sulvan decided he would not act against the party again just yet. If the vulture was in league with Eagles or Elves, he had to tread very carefully.

"Tell us your name, boy," he said, visable disdain present in his voice.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

"Halthor... My name is Halthor." He kept his voice as calm as possible, despite that the Dwarf's tone irritated him, as did the companies apparent lack of surprise. He picked his bow off the floor, putting his arrow back in his quiver. "Once again, I am sorry for my rudeness, I don't mean to harm you." Halthor looked at the vulture, quickly saying "Or your friend here."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:10 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"Don't worry lad, we mean you no harm. I haven't traveled to this corner of the land myself, are you from around here?" The vulture now turned on the party, took a good look at each of them, pausing a moment on Sulvan, then turned back to Halthor "You say you were delivering a letter with your friends, who was the letter to? Is it intact? Where are your friends?"
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:44 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

"I'm from the South, from Gondor, I haven't been here before. My friends had the letter, and they were killed by the Goblins..." Halthor looked down at the floor sadly for a minute, before looking back up at the company and continuing. "I don't know where the letter is now, I guess it's probably been eaten by the Goblins, one of my friends was carrying it, and we were all sworn to secrecy... I don't know what to do now." Halthor looked at the company and vulture, unsure of what to do.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:35 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

A letter, Sulvan thought to himself, and the Goblins may have it, hmmm. Sulvan knew that it was now imperative that he either contacts Tom Ferny, or his Warg friend, and have a message sent to the Goblins. Maybe that Shaman is wise enough to manage it anywaym, he thought, but he wasn't very hopeful. Which was a pitym he thought, as he must act carefully in the presence of the vulture.

"May I ask you, Lord of Skies and Carrion, where do you hail? If it is not my place to ask, then tell me so," he bowed to the bird, and took two steps backward.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:31 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Cyllamdir had been watching the events without saying a single word. Perhaps it didn't interest him all that much. The arrogance of the Elves, always thinking to be better than others? He gazed at the man for a short time, then he looked around, into the distance. Cyllamdir didn't quite succeed in hiding his impatience. That letter was not of their business after all. They were wasting their time, they had to move on. They didn't have all the time of the world! The Gondorian could join them, or leave them alone. Cyllamdir didn't care about which one of the two options. But the group had to get moving again, of that he was sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Picking up on his agitation, the vulture took a few steps towards the elf. "First off ranger, i am no lord of the skies, I'm a valley vulture from Erebor. I fought with the eagles in the battle of the five armies but besides that i have little connection to the free peoples. I live in Erebor and when Dain issued you all to leave my good friend from Mirkwood, who i consider to be the greatest authority to all the winged creatures of middle earth, asked for me to follow you all. I reported to him once while you were all on the outskirts of Mirkwood but besides that, i have been largely following you alone, not sure what to expect. However, you're friend, the dwarf, fell yesterday, and i now believe this to be a much more urgent mission than i previously thought. I should probably tell you all that a man and a warg have been scouting you for days. The warg passed through Mirkwood and lurks not too far from here, but i lost track of the man yesterday. The enemy have also caught wind of your efforts, i spied a black rider coming along this road, i reckon he too travels to the shire."

The bird now hobbled over to the rafts and placed himself at the head of one: "My friend told me that these boats would be placed here under the command of Thranduil, who i informed you were traveling through here and felt he should lend some aid, they are all yours. They will bring us as far down the Anduin as you wish and allow you a multitude of options to cross the mountains. You are welcome to join us, Halthor." There were 4 boats, 3 smaller 2 man rafts that could hold a single sleeping body, and one larger sort of barge that could house 3 or 4 sleeping bodies.

"You can discuss how far down you travel while on the river, for now you best make haste!" The vulture climbed to the fron of one of the rafts, making the raft look like it was a much grander vessel complete with a (living) figurehead.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:16 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Running and running, the horse had gone tired for so much travelling for days... Turgwaith finally or so he thought caught up with them... On his black horse from afar he shouted, he called for them...
They heard him...
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Dwalvyn grieved for the fate he had known Kaldor to take, but had hoped to be untrue. He silently stalked onto one of the rafts and prepared for the journey ahead, taking no heed of any sound or motion the others made. he simply and grimly, got on witht he task at hand, his silence screaming volumes for Kaldor's passing.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 4:18 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"Now we have a moment of quiet, I'd like to ask where you are going, and what your mission there is, as it seems Fate has bound me to you fellowship." Aethelwulf said. The Dwarf, Dwalvyn, explained all of it, but in a soft muttering voice as if he feared that a spoken word would get him killed. "Why this secrecy?", Aethelwulf asked "Aren't we among friends?" "I'm not sure" Dwalvyn said. And anyway, those damned trees could hide every spy and whisperer on this side of the Sundering Seas without being noticed."

:puppy:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:15 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

'A black rider? That is no good! Maybe we'll get lucky enough to get some enchanted elven weapons here. But, just like Aethelwulf, I'd like to know what's your mission. One of my friends from the Moria expedition just died, he'd have told you I'm thrustable, so, please tell us what's your mission, and where you're going, as I don't want someone of my kin travel in fellowship of men and elf, of which one is a traitor, without someone of his kin on his side. And, when I accompany you on your journey, I'd like to know what's the mission, if that's allowed'.Ragnar had been spinning his hammers in his hands all the time, as he easily lost the attention. That was one of his strong points in the time he was in Moria, as that meant he sometimes, not knowing anything of the commands, charged enemies on his instinct in a suprise attack, which suprised Balin just as much as the goblins. But, when he heard this vulture was from Erebor, he started to put his attention in the conversation for 100%.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:52 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

'These men act under direct order from your king, I believe Dwalvyn here even has q royal seal on him to prove it, you can learn if their quest when they tell you master dwarf.'

A long day on the river led the party close to Lothlorien. Figuring that the party were likely exhausted, the vulture gestured for them to head into the forest.
'The lady Galadriel's glade is no place for a filthy scavenger. I'll wait on the boat, where I shall visit the White wizard, company from one of you will be appreciated!
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 214 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next