All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:03 pm

Post subject: Speculation on Amazon's LotR TV series
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:23 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, Amazon is providing us with a lot to chew on. I that we cannot be certain where Amazon is taking this given the info so far.

Our map hints are located here: https://www.amazon.com/adlp/lotronprime ... l-T16CsCtU

The latest map (revealed today) does not simply have new additions, like Numenor and Ost-in-Edhil (that, with the poem, allude to the crafting of the rings with Celebrimbor), but it also has removed (e.g. Arthedain cities) or renamed (e.g. Moria) prior map locations. So what can this mean?

Given that the only thing we know for certain is that the show is set over 5 seasons and the fact that 5 maps were provided, my latest speculation is that each season will cover a different historical period (reflected in the map).

I will go with the "last (map) shall be first" theory and season 1 will cover the forging of the rings of power and the downfall of Numenor (though that is a hell of a lot to cover).

Season 2 (second to last map) may skip forward to the turbulent years of the end of 20th century of the Third Age when Arthedain falls (TA 1974), Angmar is defeated (TA 1975), Khazad dum falls (TA 1980), Galadriel & Celeborn rule Lothlorien (TA 1981) and maybe even to the siege of Minis Ithil (TA 2000).

Season 3 (third map) is more nebulous. Perhaps we move forward 500 years to invasions of Gondor by the Balchoth, the intervention by Eorl the Young and the founding of The Mark of the Riders (aka Rohan).

Season 4 (second map) I have no clue about. I would like to see this be the season we see a young Aragorn, but the map still shows the region of Rohan in its earlier, Gondorian name.

Season 5 could move things into the Fourth Age and the passing of the kingship to Eldarion.

The thread connecting all of these seasons could be (should be?) the lives of the people in the line of Elendil & Isildur. So in each season we are following the events from the eyes of one member of this family's lineage.
 Post subject: Re: Speculation on Amazon's LotR TV series
PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 12:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The first map is the early 2nd age, up to Sauron's invasion of Eriador. The second map looks like the mid 3rd age (Gondor's cities have their original names and the Dwarves are no longer in Khazad-Dum. The other maps look like blank regional maps.

These are nice for setting up map campaigns in different time periods.

Not sure what it means for the series. I really hope its good. If it becomes a thing, maybe GW will license and support it. Of course we've got to keep the game rolling till then.
 Post subject: Re: Speculation on Amazon's LotR TV series
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Well we now got a title and definite list of events it will cover ;)

https://www.polygon.com/22890563/amazon ... er-release

The Rings of Power
-The forging of the rings
-The rise of the Dark Lord
-The epic tale of Numenor
-The Last Alliance of Elves and Men