All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:55 am

Post subject: WB too tight to fly key actors to London premiere.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 5:30 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/10 ... ve-armies/

Well that's a massive two fingers to the cast. Feel sorry for them.

Post subject: Re: WB too tight to fly key actors to London premiere.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:46 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Ridiculous!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:02 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Considering AUJ paid for all three movies, bar marketing, this is disgraceful. I realise that NZ to London return tickets and hotel rooms may be expensive - but this is the main cast of the movie, and frankly whatever criticisms anyone may have with these films these chaps have worked their backsides off for WB and deserve to be there for the last goodbye.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:01 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Disgraceful. The hate WB are getting on their facebook page is well justified.
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Personally, I think it's quite hypocritical that PJ hasn't opted for the premiere to take place in New Zealand! Especially when seeing this is our last EVER return to Middle-Earth on screen!

He's always going on about how the films (including LOTR) have put the place on the map and increased tourism, etc. The Return of the King was of course premiered in NZ, and if I'm not mistaken there was a large focus on this in the extended DVD extras, and he'd mention it in countless media reports. Don't get me wrong, I love that the premiere of TBOFA will be in London, because it means I'll get a better chance of going, but personally, if it was my choice I would have allowed the kind and generous people of NZ to take center stage, along with their fantastic actors, and have the premier over there.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:57 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Obviously Big Fat cat Rich companies don't get that way by spending money. I am sure in the number crunching side of things, they are not worried if you never go see another Middle Earth based film again, since there won't be one. They will make another Billion off this film and then of course the more money will start coming in with years of DVD sales, Cable premiers, Broadcast TV premiers, Netflix and what ever. Internet flame ups these days don't mean much either, since half the population is trolling and looking to make a negative comment, most of these can be ignored even when true.

I think that the premiers of all the films should have been in the contracts for signing the actors in the first place and it would have already been on the books budget wise. It is a business no brainer. Since this entire Hobbit series has been mismanaged from the start it is no surprise. They kept One director standing around for 3 years, then when he left they gave Peter 3 months to start shooting, changed the films numbers, and peter himself has had to work under pressure so he has been changing things on the fly this whole time too... so add one more poorly managed event to the list on this last film.

I just can't wait to finally see it myself.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:35 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I wonder if TORn was asked to pull the article. I went back to re-read it and it appears to be not available? Warner Bros. also made them remove pictures earlier in the week as well.

And I don't think it's PJ's decision where the premier takes place, that's a producer decision in the best interest of Warner Bros. I'm sure if it was up to him he would have it in his home country which supplied him with the wonderful setting and resources to the movies.

and if I remember correctly watching the behind the scenes for RotK, PJ handcuffed the producers into making the RotK premier in Wellington when he half announced it/alluded to it at a public event in NZ and called one of the producers up to unveil the premier location. but I could be wrong and may have to re-watch it.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

yes it was asked to remove the thing because the kiwi actors are going to a different premier. there is a new article on there now.

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2014/10 ... s-angeles/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 1:24 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Guys I think were overreacting a little bit here. These actors get paid millions to act.......

If I by my hard work can afford to fly internationally fairly frequently and pay for month long trips I'm not going to shed a tear for someone who gets paid in diamonds to play a dwarf or elf no matter how good their adaptation or acting.