All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:28 pm

Post subject: Projects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I was painting my dwarfs when I started to think of what projects I have in hand and what I am planning. Shouldn't have done that.

Currently painting dwarfes and moria goblins for my Durin's Chamber board, doing one batch of one then a batch of the other so give myself some variety.

Pouring plaster for one large column for Durin's Chamber a day and putting the pieces in a box to assemble, paint, etc when the weather is better. Would like to have ten more large columns.

Wasn't going to do a dwarf statue for Durin's Chamber but then I saw the Gimli Chess piece on Ebay for a dollar so it is on its way and I will soon be tinkering with how to do that.

Terrain for outside Durin's Chamber is still in the planning stages. Want to do a board with the Dwarf road and a back entrance into the Chamber. Lake Mirrormere and Durin's Stone will be part of that.

For Christmas I received The Chopper II, a tool for cutting miniature wood easier ( http://www.nwsl.com/NWSL_Online_Catalog.html ) which led to thinking of projects to do with it.

Planning out how to do a great hall for my Rohan village.

When I got my Warriors of Dale I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them but I think I will build a Laketown Barge for them to use on patrol of the Lake which means I have to build the barge, a dock and a section of lake shore.

This doesn't even include the backlog of other figures to paint.

Like I said, shouldn't have thought about it.

Post subject: Re: Projects
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:59 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

I have The Chopper II. I wore out the chopper I. Useful tool 8) look also for this Wood burner tip.

I like to distress and stain the wood before I glue it down.

This floral arrangement accessory is a good way to add deeper wood grain.

I am looking forward to some Lake town or Goblin town projects