All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:23 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
 Post subject: Re: 2014 Backlog Reduction Oath
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2015 9:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Backlog Reduction Oath Monthly Report - April

Miniatures Bought:

- None

Miniatures Painted:

- 1x Gamling
- 1x Hama
- 3x Rohan Royal Guard
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:09 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Backlog Reduction Oath Monthly Report - August

Miniatures Bought:

- About 24 metal Galadhrim

Miniatures Painted:

- 1x Nazgul (Mithril minis Dwar of Waw, D/B/A the Tainted :)
- 1x converted Kili miniatures
- 6 metal Warg Riders

The Warg Riders took ages. Took me about six weeks in total. Little bits here and there. The metal figures have amazing (perhaps stupid) amount of fiddly little details. They looked pretty good when done. But took ages. Next month I'll aim to get the next 12 or so of the things done.

I also sold and otherwise divested myself of vast quantities of my former backlog. It's all somewhat more manageable now. Though as you'll note I bought those metal Galadhrim - to replace those stolen. They won't arrive till well into September so they only kinda count :p

Sometime this coming month I need to do a proper count of what's left, to get an idea of the backlog and how I might reduce it in 2016.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 4:43 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I haven't done one since March and I honestly can't remember all that I've painted. But for August I feel fairly confident saying that I managed this:

None bought

-9 Mirkwood armoured warriors painted
-1 Palace Guard captain painted
-1 Rivendell Knoght Captain painted

I only have 5 more knights to paint and then some basing to finish up then all of my Hobbit elves will be done!! Then it's onto my Numenorians and High elves.

P.S I remember what I did during the rest of the summer! I was touching up a whole load of Galadhrim for a tournament that we had. So that doesn't really count, but a whack of my old models look a lot better now!

If this was to be our end then I would have them make SUCH AN END as to be worthy of remembrance
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:45 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Only just spotted this post but I would have massively failed this year anyway. My collection is now at a point where I only have a few heroes, some older alternate sculpts and some of the larger bits to pick up so next year I have high hopes of reducing the backlog. Looking forward to next year’s thread.

http://journeyofthering.wordpress.com
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, for November

Purchased
- Nowt

Painted

- Bofur mini
- Mithril Witch King of Angmar on foot, Armoured
- Mithril Witch King of Angmar on foot, unarmoured
- Mithril Solophen Dunlending Shaman
- Five Mithril Nazgul

So, nine in total.

Of course this is not a significant piece of progress as I bought a Dungeons and Dragons boardgame with forty of so unpainted plastic figures in the thing. I also got nowhere near the dozen remaining Warg riders I wanted to get done in Sept and October.

I also intend to get 12 Rivendell knights around Christmas. So...bit of a wash this year.

Next year does promise some progress, mind you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

November and Dec so far 24 moria goblins plus Shaman , 2 goblin town finished 5 black sheilds just needing basing to finish
still need to paint 1 more black sheid plus shaman and captain along drummers.

Most of the above was backog with only 2 black sheild along with the command set bought recently.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:23 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, no backlog reduction this month, or at least only in the vaguest sense.

I bought 12 Reaper miniatures (mostly Bones figures) for a Pathfinder game. Gave one away. Painted six (and two pieces of scenery) and a Dungeons and Dragons black dragon from the Temple of Elemental Evil boardgame. Or I will have painted six figures by this morning.

Really need to finish up those LOTR orcs that have been sitting on my desk for months. That's for February.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 6:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Heh, is this still going on? Alright then

After months away from the hobby, I've finally started things off pretty well this year. Painted about 15 Rohirrim and based 25 that had been done for some time. Need a break from them for a bit (despite having some 30 foot and 20 mounted Rohirrim left in the backlog) so I'm moving on to Easterlings for the time being.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I gave up on my BRO back when GW started letting things go out of print. Now, I purchase whatever I don't have as soon as I can afford it!

Do what is right, love mercy, and walk humbly

Battle Companies
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 6:33 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Erunion wrote:
I gave up on my BRO back when GW started letting things go out of print. Now, I purchase whatever I don't have as soon as I can afford it!

Ah, I'm actually quite the opposite; I've vowed not to buy anything until I'm done painting. The exception to this rule is if I find a deal so good I'd be crazy to pass it up, especially if it's a rare or out of print item. My last purchase, for example was about $30 for sealed metal blisters of Gil-galad and mounted Eowyn. Neither of these I could get on their own or in metal now (let alone at their original price), so I felt I had to snag them when I saw them. I also picked up 2 of the metal Easterling Command sets.

I simply don't care for large swathes of the range and wasn't interested in buying them at retail prices, let alone what some OOP metals go for these days!

Something I'm now considering though is a mounted Easterling War Priest. Having solidified my Easterling contingent and started painting them, this is just about the last thing I think I need for them. Might as well get him while he's still available.

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
 Post subject: Re: Backlog Reduction Oath
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, instead of getting to the GW LOTR Orcs, I ended up painting a lot of Pathfinder and Dungeons and Dragons boardgame figures. How many? I sort of lost count. Roughly a dozen, maybe. Basically everything I have gotten since Christmas, save one figure. Another, already painted figure was dumped in the stripping solution.

I also retrieved some Prince August orcs from my bag of "figures to be melted down" and fixed them up to be used as Pathfinder foes.

I was going to give them to a friend so she could practice her minis painting, but I think I should at least paint half of them.

So, all in all, difficult-to-quantify progress, and a month of painting lots of orcs coming up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:05 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, I've got a fair old backlog, my most recent acquisitions being:
12 Mordor Orcs plus captain, shaman, banner and taskmaster
2 Mordor Trolls
12 Dwarf warriors plus Captain, Banner, Hornblower and Shieldbearer
10 Dwarf Rangers.

I'm hoping to have the Trolls and Orcs finished by February, so I'll call the Dwarves a "stretch goal" for now.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:29 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well, last day of January, all my mordor orcs are done, as is one troll. Troll number 2 is waiting for a plan I have before I assemble and paint him. And I've done 8 dwarf warriors and the captain, plus another 6 dwarf rangers, so that's good.
February goal is to finish the dwarves, and then I'll be working on terrain until March!
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 333 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17