All times are UTC

It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:34 am

Do you think the points value for this model is too high or two low?
The points cost for this model needs lowering! 20%  20%  [ 3 ]
The points cost is just right. 53%  53%  [ 8 ]
The points cost is too low for such a powerful hero, it need raising! 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15
 Post subject: Rules for Robermir, the warg slayer...
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Right, now if this goes horribly wrong, then I am very sorry.

These are my own house rules that I have made for, well, me! For I am Robermir, warg slayer of ledgend!

Deep Evil laughter

Robermir (man) Points Value: 95

________F___SDAWC_
Robemir 5/4+ 45 2 2 5

Might:3
Will:0
Fate:2

Equipment:
- Wargs Bane (2h sword)
- Light armour (already included in profile)
- Elven Hunting bow (elf bow)
- Elven Hunting Dagger

Special Rules

Wargs Bane. Wargs bane is a magical two-handed sword that was forged by the master smiths of the dwaves centuries ago, and has somehow found it's way into Robermirs hands. The weapon acts like a normal 2h sword, unless Robermir is fighting a warg (This includes warg riders as well as wild wargs). In this case, the 2h sword penalty is negated and counts as a single handed weapon. Also if Robemir wins the Combat, any wounds against the warg or rider will automaticly wound on a 4+ (the bonus for the two handed weapon still applies though).

Speed shooting! Robermirs years of warg hunting have taught him that sometimes it is better to fire lots and lots of arrows without aiming, rather than firing one accuratly. During the shooting phase, Robermir can either fire one normal shot up to the bows maximum range (36-inches)
or he can fire 2 shots at anything up to 8 inches away. These will only hit on a 5+ as Robemir is spending less time on the aiming and more time on shooting.

Elven Hunting Dagger Robermir carries a large elven hunting dagger with him at all times. During the fight phase, Robermir can either use wargs bane, or may strike with one attack with his hunting dagger. This counts as a normal hand weapon and does not suffer the pentalty for being armed with a dagger.

P.s. A quick thanks to everone who has left coments about my character, you've been a big help! :D

Last edited by Robemir on Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:47 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Looks nice at first sight, though I'd do lots of gametesting with the character, you'll soon see what is lacking or needs to be altered.

I'd change the normal bow into an elf bow though and alter the speed shooting rules a tiny bit in this way : "... can fire 2 shots at anything up to 8 inches away. These will only hit on a 5+ but have a strenght of 2 instead of 3"
Something in my mind just didn't find the common sense to accept that unaimed shots would be doin more damage instead of the well aimed shots.

I'll be testing the character in some of our games as soon as I can and keep you updated on my findings :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 9:19 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Well... looks cool, but in my opinion i know i'd choose a spear to fight something that would want to eat me (a Warg)...
can't you give him an elven spear insted of a magic 2 handed sword? he could also carry a one or one-and-half hand sword...
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:50 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Nice house rules - you havn't made him too powerful and I think that he is a balanced hero. I would perhaps increase the rapid shot to 12 inches and make it have two strength when fired in this way. Overall a good set of rules...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:37 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

looks like a great set of rules, but maybe he is just a bit only maybe 10 points or so under points cost for the rules he has

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sounds like a good, solid hero. it'd be nice to see a model of him. by the way your avatar is a little big, you should make its dimensions smaller.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:44 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

zephire wrote:
Looks nice at first sight, though I'd do lots of gametesting with the character, you'll soon see what is lacking or needs to be altered.

I'd change the normal bow into an elf bow though and alter the speed shooting rules a tiny bit in this way : "... can fire 2 shots at anything up to 8 inches away. These will only hit on a 5+ but have a strenght of 2 instead of 3"
Something in my mind just didn't find the common sense to accept that unaimed shots would be doin more damage instead of the well aimed shots.

I'll be testing the character in some of our games as soon as I can and keep you updated on my findings :wink:

i agree 100% good work
the whole overall concept is really good though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:40 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Looks good, but why doesnt he have any will?

Post subject: Thanks everyone!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:28 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks to everone who replied to this post! Sorry about there not being any pictures, but my digital camera doesn't like my models and refuses to take decent pictures of them. But i'l keep trying and how knows what'll happen.

Thanks again,

The one, the only, ledgendary warg slayer, Robermir
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:38 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

As promissed I'm reposting my findings during gameplay. We used the character in 7 of our last played games and came to the following conclusion.

A) Change the point value to 120
OR
alter his profile to fate: 1, might: 2
OR
alter his profile to fate: 1, wounds: 1

B) Little changes to the speed shooting rule,
When firing 2 arrows substract 1 from all dice rolled (meaning -1 To Hit and -1 To Wound) though keep the distance of 36 inches for both the single and double shot.

No need to alter things just because we found them more suitable. Just wanted to share our findings as promissed !

Greetings !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:21 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Quote:
Also if Robemir wins the Combat, any wounds against the warg or rider will automaticly wound on a 4+ (the bonus for the two handed weapon still applies though).

do you meen that he only needs a 3+ to kill a warg?
a 4+ to kill with a +1 from the 2 handed wepon.
that would make him to strong against wargs.