All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:49 pm

Post subject: Sunday 400pt tournament
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:46 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You can see the list I submitted here, it's list 11. https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A ... LCnQm49lXA

All 20 lists for the event. My voted favourites were the all scout Isengard list and the Arnor list.

I gave 4 lists less than a 2. Most were nice and in the middle

Watch this space for a post tournament wrap!
 Post subject: Re: Sunday 400pt tournament
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:02 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

The tournament was based on pure battle points + 2 secret objectives that you selected before the game. I got my friend to pick my secret objectives before the tournament started, before we knew what scenarios were playing or what matchups I was in!!!

I just love nonsense and rolling dice bro.

Rd 1. Domination.
Vs
Sauron

Well. The Sauron player played it as well as he could, getting me to just above break point, killing all characters and berserkers he could before starting to compel people away from objectives, cast drain courage and pull the trigger. But I was able to murder my own guy with a crossbow shot to end the game prematurely with plenty of objectives held for a 7-2 victory
Secret objectives Win the game. Lose the game(my friend is also a fan of nonsense)

Rd 2. Contest of Champions
Vs
Lorien
Time for revenge on my friend!!!! Long story short, Lurtz (luckily) murdered Rumil in 1 round of combat. RIP. GG
11-1 victory
Secret objectives. Challenge the enemy leader. Kill the enemy leader

Rd3. Clash by moonlight
vs
The Mordor list with the mouth of Sauron and Shelob

My crossbow corps murdered the mordor Uruks, Shelob tried to assassinate Lurtz, but failed. I killed the orc taskmaster and broke the enemy for a comfortable victory.

Secret objectives. Kill a monster. Kill 15 infantry

Rd 4 Seize the prize
vs
Hunter orcs

Lurtz double heroic marched and siezed the prize. My opponent wasted huge amounts of might winning combats anc calling heroics without actually killing much due to DISASTROUS rolls. I won most rolls for heroic priority and lurtz ran off with the prize very easily in the end, but he was 1 turn away from getting off the board edge :sad:
7-1 victory

Secret objectives. Have more models in the centre of the board. Run a model off the opponents board edge or be within 6 inches.

I finished 3rd behind the hunter orcs and Sauron. Finishing just ahead of the only other undefeated player. Sweet tournament. 400pts was a blast!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:11 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Yikes! Isengard really cleaned house didn't they? I am glad to hear they performed for you and that you were able to have a good time. Congratulations on the clean sweep!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:31 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Getting to play Sauron in domination and killing Rumil in a round of combat were big streaks of luck. Games 3-4 were all me though baby