All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am

Post subject: Re: Kuribo's Hobbit AUJ Battle Reports
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Roast mutton was one of the few Hobbit scenarios I got around to playing and agree it wasn't that great.

Your minis look nice by the way, can I ask where the dark green tufts are from that you have on the bases?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:56 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thanks for the kind words, Dave! You're right that the sculpts are sadly wasted on this scenario, especially since it is the only narrative scenario in which the Trolls appear. I think the scenario just lacks in depth as it is pretty clear what every side should be doing at any given time and the strategy doesn't really change all that much no matter what happens. Oh well. Hopefully the rest of the AUJ scenarios are a bit more fun!

Thank you as well Mr Gimli! The tufts you are asking about are from Minitatur and are the Short Buffalo Grass Tufts Summer variety. I got mine from a model railroad store here in the US but hopefully you can track them down in the UK. I would say that you should watch out for the tufts which are not Buffalo grass as they are very mono-colored. I bought some of those before the Buffalo grass ones and they have sat around unused for a couple of years now sadly. I hope this info helps!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 5:32 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Kuribo - on the monotone tufts you can use a wash at the bottom or even dry brush the tops. I've seen tufts with the tops colored making them into flowered bushes. Nothing to lose if you try :-)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:01 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

You're spot on, Mapper! Funnily enough, that is the exact technique that I used in a diorama with those tufts initially. I just have been lazy and never used them since. I should try and use them up because they're just sitting around and this is a nice reminder of that! :)