All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:50 pm

Post subject: BGiME #6 scenario re-write
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I like scenarios. They let me use otherwise neglected minis in my collection and have a strategy that is unique from smashing armies together. Now that's out of my system:

I was reading BGiME #6 last night. There is a really interesting "what-if" scenario in it that pits Aragorn against a handful of Uruk-hai searching for a secret entrance to the Shimmering Caves at Helm's Deep. (This is where the women and children fled the siege.)

The original has a handful of ruins the uruks were searching. On a 6, they found the entrance. Aragorn has to prevent them from finding it by killing them.

I wanted to improve on this idea. I don't like the idea of the entrance being found on a 6. I thought using counters like the hobbit traps might make it more functional. I felt Good should know where the door is, so that player should place the counters. I also wanted to include more/different minis. I was thinking about moving it to Osgiliath and using Gondor and Mordor army lists. Would Aragorn leave command at Helm's Deep to hunt a few scouts or siege engineers? Maybe another Rohan hero would take up this mantle. The original also has a time limit of 10 turns.

I also really like the idea of some uruks escaping into the caves (regardless of the outcome) and having Eowyn in her dress take them on with a handful of footmen of Rohan. The idea of reinforcements coming for both sides could be interesting as well. I thought this might make a nice little linked campaign.

Thoughts? Ideas? suggestions?