All times are UTC

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 3:06 pm

Post subject: Dezartfox's Gaming Thing.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Played two games today with my 250pt Giant Spider list :) I had the Queen, and 7 spiders.
I played my two friends, and because we only had 2 hours they both used same list against me, they had a Captain, 7 shields, 8 spears and 8 bows.

First game we played was Domination, with 4 rock spires being the objectives, and lots of little rocks as scenery, as well as a hill in one corner.

I moved all the spiders forwards, hiding behind the rocks as best as I could, as the spider queen went she pooped out a broodling base which moved towards the objectives. I was rather lucky with a lot of my rolls.. and won and killed an lot of gondorians.. By the end I had pretty much wiped out the gondorians, losing 4 or 5 of the spiders, I had three objectives, she had 1. Minor Victory.

Second game was against same force, but this time it was Take the High Ground. Wasn't liking my chances here either, 24 models against 8..
We had the hill in the middle with a circle of rocks around the rest of the board, looked quite cool!
I moved the spiders on, splitting the force into three and hiding behind the rocks as best as I could.
The gondorians found it hard to shoot at me effectively with the hill and the rocks being in the way a lot.
I managed to just hold them off the hill, despite me losing priority a lot of the time. It looked bad at times, with lots of gondorians ganging up on single spiders, but the higher fight value worked in my favour as I rolled lots of 6's 8) and then killed lots.
I'd wiped the gondorians out by turn 8 and only lost 1 spider, and 4 had taken a wound each, as had the queen.

2 very successful games for the spiders :D However I feel that my friend might use her Rangers next time..

Post subject: Re: Dezartfox's Gaming Thing.
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:38 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

sounds like fun, Ive always wanted to take a list like that :)
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:46 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Played against my friends Ranger army tonight with my new Uruk Hai scouts :)

she had 5 rangers of north, and then 15 rangers, all with spears, so 20 models..

I had lurtz, 8 swords, 8 shield and swords and 6 archers

Mission was Ill met by moonlight, which I thought would save me for a while, it probably did, but the last 12" gap where they can see really hurt, and also I had terrible luck once I got into combat, so I lost horribly.

Next time she gets out the rangers, I'm getting out the Cave Drake. See how she likes that in 250 pts ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:48 am 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

The spiders sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't help but feel you were a bit lucky with the dice (or your friend was unlucky). Curious how the cave drake works out, I haven't even built mine yet.
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:24 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

whafrog wrote:
The spiders sounds like a lot of fun, but I can't help but feel you were a bit lucky with the dice (or your friend was unlucky). Curious how the cave drake works out, I haven't even built mine yet.

Yeah i was rather lucky I think, lots of 6's in fights :)

And mine's half built.. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Played another game with the spiders today. Was a bit rusty rules wise as I havent played lotr for a while :) Damn 40k..

Was playing Take the High Ground against Dwarves, he have Durin, 3 vault warden teams, 5 khazards, 5 iron guard, some shields, 4 archers and a banner.

Was going quite well, we broke each other, but the spiders just aren't resilient enough to stand against dwarves for 10 turns. Thinking about it I could have played a ore "hit and run" approach, but with only 10 turns it was risky. It ended up 5 dwarves on the hill against 4 spiders.

But yeah love using the Spiders :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:59 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Played with my Uruk Hai scouts against a black numernorean list today.
Was To Kill a King.
He had the Dark marshall, a load of black numernoreans and 1 knight.
I had mauhur (the speedy uruk guy) 8 shield uruks, 8 non shield uruks and 4 archers (archers didn't have +1" upgrade).
The -1 courage was a nightmare. But I used the extra speed to avoid his normal guys and concentrated on getting to the dark marhsall, I eventually killed all the numernoreans and reduced the marshall to 0 will pts, 1 model off breaking :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:42 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Another game with the Uruk hai scouts against Dwarves. Storm the camp.

He was a bit of a beginner so I played a bit nice... after I butchered Gimli of course.
I ran rings around him, and eventually stormed his camp with most of my force still intact!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:38 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well done on all of your victories 8) I'm really envious that you get so much gaming time.

Cyndra the Grey

My General WIP
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:40 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Cyndra the Grey wrote:
Well done on all of your victories 8) I'm really envious that you get so much gaming time.

Cyndra the Grey

I live across the road from GW :) Plus I'm a student ;)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Whats your spider list's biggest rivil? wood elfs im guessing right? With the same fight value and elfs bows on your defense of three..... how do you counter that?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:56 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Haven't really played Wood Elves, I've played normal elves and they were troublesome.

I got slaughtered by Grey company yesterday, Damn meeting engagement mission on a 4x4, so no terrain for most of the board!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:25 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I'M BACK BABY!

Been playing a few games this week with the spiders, I murdered an uruk hai (poor list) and a gondor list (had an avenger bolt thrower!)
ANd then I got murdered twice by a goblin prowler list, all those throwing weapons.. the drum.. and fury from the shaman. Tis horrible!
First game against him It was KIll a King.. he durburz stayed at the back whilst he vollyed and throwing weaponed the SQ to death.
Second game was meeting engagement, was close actually, was 5 goblins away from winning.. and then in a single turn I failed to win a singe fight and lost most of my army.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:01 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Played a game with my Lothlorien today, 500 pts. Rumil, 14 archers, and then the rest on spears and blades (All with shields)

It was storm the camp, and against goblins. The list was weird.. no spears.. just lots of shields, 2 gundabad shamans, a captain, a captain with bow, a wild warg chieftan and then some wargs. Oh and some archers.

I got outshot despite my better shooting, couldn't hit anything.. However in combat I walked all over him, even after Rumil had his weapons shattered!
I started with my force in a line, walked towards his a little, he did same, them I split into two, leaving the archers a good field of fire whilst my force went up the flanks. He knew I'd beat him on speed so he had to split his force to counter me, I was able to pick off his characters and whittle down the rest until he was broke, then courage 2 did the rest.

Was a good game :)

List wise.. I'm tempted to upgrade all my archers to Knights.. ten mounted archers being able to move 6" and still fire sounds good. It also gives me a bit of speed and cavalry. Also it makes me archers harder to kill because of expert rider :) I lose 10 models though.

So the two lists:

500 Pts - Lothlorien Roster List One

Hero (1#, 70 pts)
. . 1 Rúmil, Warden of Caras Galadhon, 70 pts (Swift Parry; Woodland Creature; Elven Blade; Armour; Shield)

Warrior (11#, 110 pts)
. . 11 Galadhrim Warrior, 110 pts (Woodland Creature; Elven Blade; Armour; Shield)

Warrior (12#, 120 pts)
. . 12 Galadhrim Warrior, 120 pts (Woodland Creature; Spear; Armour; Shield)

Cavalry (10#, 200 pts)
. . 10 Galadhrim Knight, 200 pts (Expert Rider; Fleetfoot; Woodland Creature; Elf Bow; Armour; Shield)
. . . . 10 Galadhrim Steed

500 Pts - Lothlorien Roster List Two

Hero (1#, 70 pts)
. . 1 Rúmil, Warden of Caras Galadhon, 70 pts (Swift Parry; Woodland Creature; Elven Blade; Armour; Shield)

Warrior (14#, 140 pts)
. . 14 Galadhrim Warrior, 140 pts (Woodland Creature; Elven Blade; Armour; Shield)

Warrior (15#, 150 pts)
. . 15 Galadhrim Warrior, 150 pts (Woodland Creature; Spear; Armour; Shield)

Warrior (14#, 140 pts)
. . 14 Galadhrim Warrior, 140 pts (Woodland Creature; Elf Bow; Armour)