All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:20 am

Post subject: The Scenario Creator
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 3:03 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
Hi,
I saw this idea on a Dutch site a while ago and I thought it might be work for the One Ring as well.
The idea is simple:
Someone wants to play an original scenario with the forces, scenery he has, but don't know what. Then, he just ask it here on this topic, like this:
Hello,
I really love the movie scenes of the Battle of Osgiliath and I really want to play it in a SBG way. I've got some orcs, WoMt and some ruins. Could someone help me?

Someone who's got the time and like it to create scenarios could think about it and post his/her ideas.

I think it would work great. Maybe we could give it a try ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:26 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

That sounds fine. I did something like this with a friend in the form of a campaign.

Game 1: Osgiliath (East side of the river) - Big armies.

Game 2: Osgiliath (The River) - Survivors that got back across the river + reinforcements on the west side.

Game 3: Osgiliath (West side) A massive battle in the city with extra reinforcements. Survivors from Games 1 AND 2 get +1 fight bonus this game (more veterans now).

Game 4: Retreat to Minas Tirith - 2 Nazgul flying around and a horde of orc archers and a few catapults trying to kill everyone running away lol.

Game 5: Retaking Minas Tirith (Knights charging the city) - Survivors from Game 4 get +1 courage for this game plus reinforcements on horseback.

Game 6: If evil wins game 5, then Game 6 is "Courtyard of Minas Tirith", However if Good wins Game 5, then "Recapturing of Osgiliath" is game 6.

If Good wins recapturing of osgiliath, he wins the campaign, if evil wins courtyard of MT, evil wins. If Good wins the courtyard or evil wins recapturing of minas tirith, the campaign is a draw.

It was very fun, I had loads of knights of MT and a few Dol amroth knights too. If i remember, most retreating osgiliath got killed by the nazgul, so I was a little few on numbers for Game 5 even with extra men. Meaning that despite winning awkwardly, i could not win Game 6. So we had a draw...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:50 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

can anybody help me make one for moria goblins and warriors of minis tirth i also have the fellowship and a few urk haigh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:54 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

sauraman wrote:
can anybody help me make one for moria goblins and warriors of minis tirth i also have the fellowship and a few urk haigh

Any particular setting/ place?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:55 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Location: Before the gates of another fortress, telling those maggots that they have to form ranks!
I'm thinking...

What about the three hunters scenario:
https://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m220535a_The_Council_of_Elrond

It's someware on the bottom of the document.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:32 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

em mabey in a field because i have the citadle battle mat and a few home made towers along with the mines of moria scenery i made

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:38 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

What do you mean ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:07 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

out side in a field or some where some wher and if needed for the goblins and cave troll at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:29 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

WHat about:
In the middle of the night
Descr: The three hunters didn't find their prey yet but they're before they were getting tired. In the middle of the night they started to rest for a couple houres. But that's where the evil creatures of Rhovannion where waiting for. In large groups, they came...

Layout: An 56/56 cm board, place a slotta base in the middle of the board, this is the campfire.

Forces:
Good: T3H
Evil: 120pts of evil warriors

Obdjectives:
Evil: Kill two of the hunters, the last one can't stay alive on itself!

Good: Survive and Escape through one of the board edges

Special rules:
Guarding: 2 of the hunters has fell asleep only when
the other one spots an enemy and wakes them up, they can't do anything. The Guard uses the rules from the manual

Darkness came to them: it's in the middle of the night! So:
Every creatur except of goblins and legolas can not see anything in the dark, when they are charged, they automaticly lose the fight.
BUT: the three hunters can pick up a torch by stay a half movement fase in contact with the campfire; it's gives them a sight of 8cm. When they suffer a wound, they drop the torch. Place a counter. They can pick it up again using the previous method.
The campfire also makes sure that everything that stands within 14cm of it is viewable.

Last edited by Raggbur on Thu Sep 09, 2010 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:54 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

ok thanks
8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I got one you could use with the 3 hunters and yeah it's fun so here you go:

Layout:Something small...(seriously anything will do)

Forces:

Good side:
Legolas

Evil side:
Gimli

Neutral:
About 10-15 Uruk-Kai

Objectives:
Both Players(good and evil) have to see who can kill the most Uruk-kai. the person who kills the most uruk-kai by the end of turn 10 wins. the game lasts for 10 turns. If either Gimli or Legolas dies the game ends and the opposing team wins. (the neutral team can't win as no-one controls them)

Special rules:

Endless horde: any Uruk-kai that dies comes back on the board edge chosen by the person with piority

Legolas and gimli: Legolas and gimli cant charge each other or be in the same fight as each other(cause if that happens it might just stuff up the rules).

Uruk-kai: The person with piority is aloud to move the Uruk-kai. the Uruk-kai must move full distance and they must charge the closest enemy (Legolas or Gimli). Once and Uruk-Kai have charged Legolas or gimli the person who doesnt controll the hero rolls the dice for the Uruk-kai.

This is pretty fun and seems to be fair as both legolas and gimli are about as good as each other. It works well and i hope you have fun playing it. This is also a very good scenerio to use if you have 3 people playing you can just let the extra person use Aragon or a character that costs 95points and under it will be fair. If they use aragon just take away aragons special rule or something.
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:14 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

How about this (one I've come up with)

Dusk Raid
Several brave Warriors of Minith Tirith stand vanguard at a weak point in the northen border of Gondor. These men have a sworn duty to protect their realm from the wild beasts of the North. It is this point at the border that many a raider has attempted to breach, wicked men of the east, wild creatures, treacherous orcs and crafty goblins. As such, the place has a large beacon. When lit this beacon can be seen for miles, signaling to the other beacons that the enemy has entered Gondor.

It is during one of the dusk patrols that the raid is begun. The goblins wish to slaughter the patrols so that their horrific masters and terrible allies can gain safe passage to the land of their enemy.

Layout: 4' by 4' board

Set up a row of 5 towers (or MoM pillars) across the board, evenly spaced appart with the middle one being the 'beacon'. These towers represent the border and the defender (good) nominates which half of the board is his. The attacker (evil) deploys his forces up to 6" from his table edge. The defender may deploy his forces anywhere in his half of the table.

Forces:
500 (or 1000) points of Good Warriors
500 (or 1000) points of Evil Warriors

Victory Conditions:
Good Major Victory: The defenders light the beacon and reduce the attackers to below 50% of their starting force.
Good Minor Victory: The defenders reduce the attackers to below 50% of their starting force
Draw: Neither side achieves their objective.
Evil Minor Victory: The attackers reduce the defenders to below 50% their starting force.
Evil Major Victory: The attackers capture the beacon (unlit) and reduce the defenders to below 50% of their starting force.

Special Rules:
All is Dusk...: The battle takes place a few hours after sunset. All models (with the exception of Legolas and Goblins) can only see 6"/14cm ahead of them without the aid of a torch or other light source.
Sentries: The warriors are on sentry duty and will only move at full speed if the enemy is upon them. Before the warriors become alerted, each time the defender wishes to move a model roll a D6. This is the distance moved by the warrior, unless the roll is a 1, in this instance the lazy warrior wont move at all (do not move the model).
Alerted: The defenders become alerted if: an enemy model is 6" away from a defender;a defender is hit by an arrow and not slain; a defender is engaged in close combat and not slain. It is assumed that once one model becomes alerted he will automaticaly call to the others and alert them.
The Beacon The beacon is the main objective of the scenario. Once the defenders have been alerted, one defending model in base contact with the beacon may attempt to light it. The beacon is lit on the succesful roll of a 4+ on a D6. If the beacon is lit it can no longer be taken by the attackers (evil side) and the best the attackers can hope for is a Minor Victory. The beacon also illumanates everything within 12"/28cm of it's base meaning that models can see normally within the circle of light created by the beacon.

Game Length:
The game lasts for a maximum of 12 turns but will end as soon as one side achieves their victory conditions.

Backlog Reduction Oath Participant - 6/53
 Post subject: Re: The Scenario Creator
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:54 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Hmm, no requests ? Strange, it was quite popular on the dutch site.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Well, normally I'm the one who wants to come up with a scenario, but the last days my brains are getting weak, so could anyone help me plz ? I'm looking for a scenario to teach the game to some persons of my familliy
=> a simple game on a quite small board and not that much guys. I wasn't planning to use might pts, maybe tell them when they're intrested. But I would like it wen it has some backgriound (not just: a gondorian patrol spotted an army of mordor on the march and decided to attack it) and some nice special rules, like the ones of the scnario I created.

TxIA

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:30 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

hi all

me and a friend have been playing sbg for a while now and have built numerous ruins (gondor and rohan) terrain like rivers, gullies, hills and forests large terrain pieces such as helms deep and minas tirith and even stuff like catapults trebuchets and siege towers. as such we have built up a large number of troops excluding hobbits arnor dwarves and khand. however we have literally played every scenario/campaign in the sbg mags and made up some of our own but its becoming a bit repetitive and were wondering if anyone could give some ideas please.

preferably obscure ones that are quite long i.e dol amroth versus elves in rohan or moria versus harad or easterlings in osgiliath.

thanks.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:30 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm. well you could do a battle from before t third age. if youve got any balrogs,orcs and elves you could do the fall of gondolin or a battle round that time. 1st or 2cnd age r good because very little is known about them so long as its realistic the possibilities r endless. maybe you could do a fight between early rohan and orcs when rohan is claiming their land earlier in the ages. or battle 4 5 armies (epic in the hobbit) or smaller scenario from the hobbit (i know u want big but the three trolls v the 14 companions and gandalf is gud(i made sum rules 4 it before))

anybody got any decent hobbit scenarious (by decent i dont mean a little game containing farmor maggot v a nazgul or sumthin like a proper battle)
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:47 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

cheers hobbitsrule. i'll try it out

you could when the arnor falls and the witch king attacks amon sul. involves:

arnor (could replace with numenorians)

gondor (mostly knights come from hills halfway through battle though have to decide what turn if small amount of troops 500 overall turn 10+ or more troops turn 20+ )

angmar (witch king orcs trolls wargs spectres etc)

glorfindel and elves

hobbits sent some archers (quite a lot)

map:
hills all along one side forest other and ruins in centre to represent amon sul and odd scenery around and in between forests and hills

based on appendixes from lotr book.

hope it works
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:54 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

ill see if my friend wants to play.(i completly forgot about that) and i just remembered the battle of greenfields between bandabres took and the goblins. ill give them ago. thx
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:55 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

no worries glad i could help.
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:35 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

i need a scinario with objectives it dosent have to be a real one it can be made up the armies included are gladrium minis tirith dwarves goblins and urkhaigh with wargs on one of the evil teams