All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:07 am

Post subject: DFW World Campaign (Pic Heavy)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:18 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Welcome fellow One Ringers to my World Campaign thread!
My local gaming group in Weatherford, TX (about 30 miles west of Fort Worth, and 50 miles west of Dallas) started up a world campaign in the line of a Risk game. We play out the World Map turns on the standard board and then when the armies meet we play out the actual battles. We have 5 players in currently (unfortunately our 6th will be unable to join in this campaign) so its unbalanced. But I'm on the 2 man team so it balanced enough :rofl:

We could not find a good map of Middle Earth but we did find this "Alternate" Map for Risk which is a riot so we're using it.

I'm playing Harad, my teammate (Stephen) is the Easterlings. We are against Henry (Galadrhim), Tyler (Dwarves) and Stephen's Girlfriend (I forgot her name unfortunately lol, who is Wood Elves/Mirkwood).

The basic rules of this campaign are:
Each player picks a specific faction to play as. (Gondor, Rohan, Harad/Umbar, Eastern Kingdoms, Wood Elves/Mirkwood, Galadrhim, High Elves, Moria, Angmar, Mordor etc.)

Each player begins with two 350 point armies and picks a "Capital" territory to start both their armies.

Each turn players generate 5 points for each territory owned and 10 for their Capital territory. You may only have 1 territory as a Capital.

If you lose your Capital you may upgrade a new territory to your Capital for 350 points.

You may rebuild/build a new army at your capital for 350 points.

Once you have built the "core" of your army (the initial 350) you may spend points each turn to add additional units to any army you have, regardless of where they are on the map.

You may purchase additional units for your armies from your own faction for the listed points value. You may add units from outside your faction but within the same sourcebook for an additional 10% of their final cost (once wargear etc has been added) or allied (Good if you play good, evil for evil) but outside your sourcebook for an additional 15% final cost.

Each turn you may move one army of your choice to an adjacent territory. If there is no opposing army within the territory you automatically take it as your own. If there is an opposing army you fight it out to determine who takes the territory.

If an allied army is in an adjacent territory to the one in which the battle is being fought that player may forgo their movement during their turn to send their army in as reinforcements. To determine when they arrive in the battle roll a single die, the number is what turn their army arrives on the board.

Once one side has been reduced below 50% they may opt to "Withdraw" and thus save their remaining troops. The battle ends immediately and the territory is lost and they must move their army to an adjacent territory that they already own.
Please note however that if they cannot retreat in this way they may not "Withdraw" from the field, and must fight to the death.

Any units killed in battle may be repurchased later in the campaign if the player wishes to do so (we include named heroes in this after debate simply because we do not want the game reduced to captains only as a team's heroes.)

MiniWargaming
 Post subject: Re: DFW World Campaign (Pic Heavy)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:27 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

Day 1 Results.
Good

Henry took New Europe (base) and all of the southern and western parts of Europe.
Tyler took the Northernmost parts of Europe and All but "North Texas" and "Left America" of NA. Iceland is his base.
Stephen's Girlfriend (Whose name will be added later) Took "Argenchile" as her base and all of SA plus "North Texas" and "Left America.

Evil

I took all of Africa (base is "Congo and friends"
Stephen took "Toyota" as his base and took all the way to "Outback Steakhouse" and took the whole Australian Continent. (note we added the option for "Middle Earth" and "Argenchile" to cross directly to each other.

Battle Results
Stephen and I attacked Argenchile and took it. I took Zil and we now own all of SA. In a two on one fight I lost Carthage to Tyler and Henry's combined forces in a close fought battle. The Golden King proved his worth killing The King's Champion, 2 Valut Warden teams and a handful of other units, but ultimately was forced to withdraw.

More detailed battle reports with pics will be following in later updates.
More to come!

MiniWargaming
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Campaign map is spot-on!

MOLON LABE
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:05 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

That map... :D But nice campaign, I will be looking forward to see more!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That map is truly hilarious. I look forward to more of this report. Sounds fun.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 12:34 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Although we are very proud to be the fourth busiest airport in the world