All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:38 am

Post subject: Moving on From ROhan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:31 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I want to move on from collecting rohan for a while so was thinking of just getting one or two more things to finish out an army so i could do up to a 1000points with them in future, so the following is a quick finish list consisting of mostly what i have , but for future reference and so i dont end up wasting time on monies on models id probably never use i thought YOU KIND PEOPLE might thake a peek at the list and see what you might tweek

ALL Mounted
Warband 1
Gandalf the White - Horse,Elven Cloak

Warband 2
Eomer Marshall of the Riddermark - Horse and shield
Rohan Redshields x4
Rohan Redshields with throwing spears x2
Sons of Eorl x2
Rohan royal Guard mounted with TS X2
Rohan Outrider

Warband 3
Erkenbrand Mounted
Rohan Redshields x4
Rohan Redshields with throwing spears x2
Sons of Eorl x2
Rohan Outrider

Warband 4
Eowyn and all her equipment
Rohan Redshields x6
Sons of Eorl x2
Rohan Outrider

This comes in at 1000points on the dot,

Alternatively I was consideringdropping the sons from erkenbrand and eomer warband for 2 extra redshields, Dropping Eowyns mounted warband for 1 or 2 warbands of infantry led by maybe eowyn, gamling,a generic captain or even grimbold for a bit of s4 on the field,

Really what im looking for is 1000points list for a rohan army, one that can be fun to play but also not be wioed off the face of the earth in a blink,

*KEEP IN MIND I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER WIZARDS AT THE MOMENT IF ANYONE IS TO SUGGEST THE GREY OR WHOEVER*

I DO LOVE ROHAN MY INTEREST AT THE MINUTE IS GONE A BIT STALE IN FAVOUR OF STARTING UP A GALADHRIM ARMY
 Post subject: Re: Moving on From ROhan
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:16 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'm not experienced enough in the game to offer advice on a Galadhrim Army (I do not have one).

In the past (and present) when I start a game/period I have always created two opposing forces so that I can play solo or play a game with a friend, our sons and/or our grandchildren even if they do not have their own figures.

It also means I don't get bored but does mean I spend a bit more though I tend now to buy second hand a wargame shows.

In your case I'd recomend that you built an "Evil" force of your choice to oppose your Rohirrim.
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:01 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I Have an isengard army too, started collecting both rohan and isengard together to have something to play against, but um just looking to move on from rohan for the minute, just tired of them and looking for something new..Same with isengard, so far im leaning towards doing the same thing again and building two together, so im thinking lothlorien for elves cause they are cheaper and easier to get than the new thranduils halls stuff.. and angmar as the opposing force
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:51 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Since making this list ive decided i want to move on a bit quikcer but also pick an army im happy with, So it doesnt contain anything too special but i think its quite theme-y(even though i am using upgrades)

Survivors From the Battles of the Fords of Isen

Warband 1
Eomer, Marshall of the riddermark - horse&shield
Rohan Redshields x6
Rohan Redshields x2 with T.S

Warband 2
Erkenbrand - Horse
Rohan Redshields x6
Rohan Redshields x2 with T.S

Warband 3
Grimbold
W.O.R (Helmlinga) with hand weapon and shield x10

Warband 4
Elf-Helm(Rohan Captain - formly known as gamling - conversion in process)
with heavy armour and shield & axe
W.O.R(Helmlingas) with shield and throwing spear x4
W.O.R(Helmlingas) with hand weapon and shield x 5
Banner Beaer(helmlinga) with shield

So
Total = 700ponts
40 Miniatures, 20Break Point, 16bows(riders), 8Throwing spears(4 on riders,4on foot)

When i want to do 1000point game, i'll drop theme(if it is an accurate one - you tell me), and add in a gandalf the white fully kitted out and throw in a few extra troops here n there to make the points

Just for funs may add a dying theodred model, If he is dying or dead he should be free right ha