All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:31 pm

Post subject: Rangers Of Gondor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 8:37 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to find tips about how to paint rangers of Gondor :p
I've already found some nice tutorials, but the paints are quite yellow/ light brown (tallarn sand, karak stone...).
How would you paint the plastic Rangers Of Gondor ? Would you paint them as the Faramir's Ithilien Rangers (green and dark brown), or will a more yellow schema may fit in a Minas Tirith army (I mean, if I include Faramir, Damrod, Madril,... who suppose to be green and dark brown in the film)?

I know that "Rangers of Middle-Earth" are versatile (gondor, arnor, blackroot) but can a painting schema make them OK for different armies?

Any idea, tutorial, ... ?

Thanks in advance :)
 Post subject: Re: Rangers Of Gondor
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:16 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hello, it depends on what army you want them affiliated with. If you want them to fit in with Faramir's Rangers, paint them dark green and brown with some lighter Browns too. This would also apply to a Minas Tirith army, as they are allies.

However with Arnor, you can paint them with whatever scheme. They are not shown in the films, and I'm unsure if their uniform is mentioned in the books, so go with whatever. I would assume it's similar to the greens and Browns of Ithilien Rangers.

When I'm home, I can go in much further detail if you wish, but in the meantime, I hope this helps :-D