Author: lotrscenerybuilder
Article Description: How to build this section of the Black Gate

>>Read Full Article
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Out-freakin-standing!! :shock:

The attention to detail is incredible and the way you lay this project out is very easy to understand and recreate...you have some of the most detailed work I've seen!!

Keep up the great work! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:41 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This outstanding project continues!

Simply stunning. A work of art in the making. I am jealous but also very thankful. Many of the local gamers have been clammering for a Black Gate board and now I have the perfect article to use to give them one.

This build is patient genius at work. Well Done!

Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:00 am 
Dark Lord of Moria
Dark Lord of Moria

It has been an absolute pleasure to host your last 2 articles !!!

When myself and Alan took over The One Ring from SilverScott, one of the first things we discussed was the quality of the articles we accept.

Our envision with regards to articles that were accepted, was not to accept just anything that was thrown at us, too many LOTR sites do that already and to be honest with regards to 'inferior' articles, we simply thought they did not offer our members anything to improve their skills and only really pleased the Author of the article.

This is 'exactly' the type of article we want here at The One Ring !!!
Something that will motivate the general members to paint or build and more importantly, 'enhance' their skills !

As with the first part Adrian...it is simply a work of art...outstanding quality, easy 'Step-By-Step' procedures, resulting in an awesome outcome !!!

On behalf of The One Ring, I thank you sincerely for choosing us to host this amazing article.

For anyone who has not visited Adrians site, please follow the links within his articles to see some awesome pieces of work !

Brilliant work Adrian...simply love it !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

absolutly amazing! 10+,speecheless.

LoG
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:39 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I can't quite wrap my head around how good this is, it's insansely well put together. Great, great work, and I thought I was patient... :yay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:49 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This is an amazing article. So much detail, as Durins Bane said. This is the type of article that belongs on the One Ring.

People like you should be awarded medals,

KJ Necromancer

www.myspace.com/AIBmelbourne
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:01 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Ye Gods....
The sheer number of steps and cuts, folds, slices and dices has given me a sore head.... very, very well done! You have the patience of either a saint or the person behind the granny in Tesco who is trying to pay her shopping bill with discount vouchers and green-shield stamps... "Balrog to aisle 12 please."
And there is more to come? Oh heck...

Phantom Ships, Ghost Flotilla
More to come!
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:45 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Your attention to detail, design of construction and article layout, techniques and fabrication, I could go on...
You sir are a master craftsman!
Thank you for sharing your talents 8)
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 7:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Awesome! :shock:

:o Outstanding!

Brilliant! :shock:

I am a big fan of all your work. :-D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:33 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Gasp! *Falls unconcious on floor*

BEST ARTICLE EVER! :D :-D :) :D :) :-D :D :-D

You deserve those smilies!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:45 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

*wishes there were a fainting smiley :x :-X * WOW great job on making what looks and is a huge project into what it really is, a bunch of repetition. Awesome job on the article 10++++ :D :-D
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:29 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dear all,

It took a while to compose a fitting answer but here it is:

Being not a gamer myself, I’m told that in general wargaming is a social happening. The same goes probably for painting miniatures, regarding the visits to your local GW-shop - be it for buying miniatures, having a chat or attending joint painting-sessions. But as for scenery building…

My wood supplier doesn’t have a notion of what I’m doing with the stuff he’s selling. Last time my girlfriend feigned admiration for my lotr models was eh, let’s see… way back in 2005. Rarely any visitor, well-wisher or distant relation drops by when I’m tinkering in the shed. In other words: building in Middle-earth is a lonely business. :sad:

Luckily, there’s you guys.

Now before you start dabbing your eyes let’s assure you that this kind of hobby-life is exactly what I believe must be daily routine in Paradise. Working on some Middle-earth project on a beautiful morning, with the fambly out shopping and a pot of coffee simmering in the kitchen, is almost as good as having :rofl:

But if you have been working on a comprehensive three-part DIY manual for weeks on end, sitting all alone behind your keyboard every night, fretting over the absurd assumption that somebody’s actually going to read this endless dragging romance about a grown-up and his beloved cocktail sticks…

…then you’re more than relieved to find that people actually do appreciate your work. Your enthusiasm however, is far beyond mere appreciation… it’s heart-warming. I want you to know that I am taking these compliments very serious! Like Bilbo said: “it makes me feel proud to live among such excellent and admirable Hobbyists!”

@ DurinsBane: the pleasure is all mine. But I have to say it’s not only you receiving the kind of articles you want, but also me getting the opportunity to bring them into the limelight on the number 1 online LOTR Gaming Site (Yeach! did I say that? Toady… But secretly we all agree, n’est pas?).

@ BilboOfTheWhiteTower, Onyx, Lords of glamorgarth, Olofér, KJ Necromancer, Dorthonion, geezer of rhun, Natarn Ulka, Captain Ingold & theavenger001: THANKS! Please consider my third article as a gift to you:

I’m happy to announce that the “Towers of the Teeth”-article is nearly finished. At this very moment, the Yellow Wizard is struggling to upload another fifty pages of building instructions and templates, along with a hundred-and-twelve pictures on lotrscenerybuilder.org.

Now, go forth and multiply (my precious gate)!

And thanks again,

Adrian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:11 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

You certainly have a gift for this terrain lark Adrian. That gate is ridiculously good! :yay:

Don't worry about having nobody about to appreciate your talent - You'll find plenty of them here mate. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:15 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I admire you for bringing up the patience and courage and skills to finish large scenerey such as this (and so many more you did!) and going so nice into detail!

This is just soooo wonderfull that I would love to save some time to try it myself aswell!

TOP mate!!! Absolutely TOP!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:03 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ all (potential) gate-builders and onlookers: the third article is out! … and twice as long as the former two. If you’re still in doubt about building the gate, reading Part III might turn the scale… to whatever end. If you have the tools already in the house, a home-made Black Gate should cost you no more than, say, fifteen quid (paints not included).

Here it is: The Towers of the Teeth on lotrscenerybuilder.org

@ ukfreddybear: Thanks a lot! Being an Artist yourself, you’re the best one to know!

@ TheBucklandBrewer: Thanks & I hope you will! I would love to help you – and everybody else - during the building process. That is: with advice only. I’m completely fed up with these :no: sticks.

@ MacGothmog & DurinsBane: thanks again for proofreading and for your strong support. Credit to whom credit is due. A coin for you both.

@ The Yellow Wizard: my compliments & gratitude for bringing another voluminous project to an end. Since coins have no meaning for you I’m going to buy you a few beers!

@ GamEorling of Meduseld: I lied about no well-wisher dropping by. Shame on me & a coin for you too. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:33 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This is a great guide and will really help me create scenery for when my Gondorian army beats Mordor with ease. :rofl:
10+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
(it really deservers that many pluses)