New book!

Ranger models:

More details here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... ge-post-1/
 Post subject: Re: The Quest of the Ringbearer
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I am actually really excited for this one, there is a lot that they could cover both films and book wise.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:12 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Not at all what I expected. I love the rangers, though. My original army was rangers and wood elves, back when wood elves were metal and only had bows.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:36 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

When it was mentioned that the next book would be a best of White Dwarf, I expected something else. I wonder if the Quest is just that, scenarios from the White Dwarfs that were published during the movies? Will have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 3:51 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Very nice minis

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

"Quest of the Ringbearer allows you to retell the epic story of The Lord of the Rings™ through loads of interlinked narrative missions, as you follow the Fellowship through their greatest battles. This is a great way to rediscover the Middle-earth Strategy Battle Game of your youth or, if you’re a new player, experience the joys of guiding the Fellowship through epic moments you remember from the motion pictures. What’s more, you’ll be able to forge your own fellowship from your favourite characters. How would the quest of the Ringbearer go if Bilbo decided to carry the One Ring to Mordor himself? What if Saruman was his Wizard?** Before long, you’ll be able to find out for yourself…"

Or in otherwords, what CaptainQuark and Voyager360 (among others) have most recently been doing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:37 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Not what I was expecting, but has the potential to be pretty cool. I hope the shipping embargo will lift sometime soon -- I'm a bit worried that's going to last longer than any of us want, though -- and we'll actually be able to order it.
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:00 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Mapper wrote:
When it was mentioned that the next book would be a best of White Dwarf, I expected something else. I wonder if the Quest is just that, scenarios from the White Dwarfs that were published during the movies? Will have to wait and see.

The "Best of White Dwarf" book is separate, with re-prints of articles and Bilbo on the cover:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/202 ... e-earth-2/

This is a new one (although I'm sure there have been similar scenarios in the past, but I guess they will have re-worked them). Will be quite tempting to collect all the models to play through this one, sounds fun!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:15 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Alex123, you're right. I forgot about that announcement. Seems so long ago....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Great news and love that they are releasing these rangers to go with it! Re-reading the books currently and I was just wondering how these two rangers didn't have a profile yet. Perfect fit!

For me this supplement is a dream come true so I'm hoping it won't disappoint. :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:38 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

BGIME #60 had something similar, The Council of Elrond, where you form your own Fellowship.

The roles:

The Ringbearer - choose either Frodo or Bilbo

The Companion - choose one - Sam, Bilbo, Aragorn or Frodo

The Guide - choose one - Gandalf the Grey, Elrond, Galadriel or Celeborn

The Champion - choose one - Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas or Gimli

The Warriors - choose three - Aragorn, Boromir, Legolas, Gimli, Farmir, Eomer, Haldir or Arwen

The Allies - choose two - Frodo, Sam, Bilbo, Merry or Pippin.

Could make some interesting fellowships that way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

To follow on from Mapper's post, there were also some interesting rules for the campaign in BGIME based on your custom fellowship. For example, if you chose Gimli as your champion, Gimli gets Balin's axe in the mines of Moria. Similarly, I believe if Legolas was chosen as champion, he gets a bow of the Galadhrim in Lothlorien, which has Strength 4!

BGIME also had rules for replacing lost memebers of the fellowship along the way, so for example if you lost a warrior before Lothlorien, you could replace them with Haldir.

It'll be interesting to see how GW update the BGIME version :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 1:17 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Thanks for posting this! These reports are great. I am going to try this scenario with my son. He will love it.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 11:55 am 
Administrator
Administrator

I have to say, the new models coming out for the game are exceptional.

"Be still my beating wallet."

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:15 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Hi all!

I'm back to the game since 6+ years just for this sourcebook. I'm currently making a lot of scenery to play through the fellowship of the ring scenarios but totally annoying for the lack of info about release.

When the release date would be?
I saw another sourcebooks took around 2 months since the first announcement. Mid June or July is a right date?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

naith wrote:
Hi all!

I'm back to the game since 6+ years just for this sourcebook. I'm currently making a lot of scenery to play through the fellowship of the ring scenarios but totally annoying for the lack of info about release.

When the release date would be?
I saw another sourcebooks took around 2 months since the first announcement. Mid June or July is a right date?

Hopefully sooner rather than later! Stocks seem very low at the moment so once things start being more readily available again online i'd imagine that will be a clue that things will soon start being released.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:00 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Would appreciate some communication to their LOTR fanbase, literally haven't heard anything since March. Maybe I am just not on the right channels.

Really frustrating to see all the warhammer stuff in the email every Sat to scroll to the bottom (where the LOTR updates usually are) and see nothing.

C'mon GW give us something. Please and thanks.
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:54 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

This1s4Frodo wrote:
Would appreciate some communication to their LOTR fanbase, literally haven't heard anything since March. Maybe I am just not on the right channels.

Really frustrating to see all the warhammer stuff in the email every Sat to scroll to the bottom (where the LOTR updates usually are) and see nothing.

C'mon GW give us something. Please and thanks.

Agree. There was a bit on a new Eomer model coming in the future but that's about it. Hopefully things will pick up again soon and we'll get a load of things available at once!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:13 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I can understand that GW are focusing on the new edition of 40k at the minute as that is their real money-maker, and thus that's what they want to prioritise pumping out as the factory re-opens.

However, some element of communication regarding a potential timeline for the previewed Middle-Earth releases would be appreciated. Others in the community have been speculating that hopefully the sourcebook can be released soon enough, since you would imagine that if it hadn't been finished before lockdown, the guys would still have been able to work on it remotely?

Although I'm not sure about the situation regarding the printing of the books. They could release them as digital copies in the meantime to satisfy some of the fanbase and show that they are still giving Middle-Earth some attention, while they prepare a run of physical copies?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:37 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

captainquark wrote:
I can understand that GW are focusing on the new edition of 40k at the minute as that is their real money-maker, and thus that's what they want to prioritise pumping out as the factory re-opens.

However, some element of communication regarding a potential timeline for the previewed Middle-Earth releases would be appreciated. Others in the community have been speculating that hopefully the sourcebook can be released soon enough, since you would imagine that if it hadn't been finished before lockdown, the guys would still have been able to work on it remotely?

Although I'm not sure about the situation regarding the printing of the books. They could release them as digital copies in the meantime to satisfy some of the fanbase and show that they are still giving Middle-Earth some attention, while they prepare a run of physical copies?

I think they will have finished the sourcebook. My guess is that they are in the process of restocking the range and want to release the new editions when there is more on offer overall. Can't see them posting new releases when the majority of the range is still unavailable. But yes I agree that they should give us some news. I have sent them a cheeky email yesterday with a few wishful ideas so I'll see what they come back with.

I've also been greatly enjoying your campaign on here! Great to see other people with the same level of obsession 8) I'm currently in the process of collecting things to build my own miniature middle earth. If you ever fancy having a peek give me a shout as I've not shared anything with anyone yet.