All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:59 am

Post subject: Re: The Quest of the Ringbearer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:15 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

You make a good point @DarkIstari, no point in them releasing a supplement like Quest of the Ringbearer if some of the models people would need to pick up to play through it aren't currently stocked :? Hopefully you get a response to your email soon and you can update us all here :yay:

I'd love to see your progress growing your collection! I'd recommend perhaps starting a WIP thread here, I've found the community on this site to be fantastic support and encouragement :)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:37 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Yeah I'll let everyone know if I get anything back. I'll likely be a generic 'coming soon' response :roll:

Yeah I think I will. I have most of the miniatures I need except some of the newer ones. But I have a massive backlog of them and not sure whether to build in my current home when I know I won't stay here permanently...

I've been collecting the weta environments to go with whatever I build. Although they are huge, wonderfully detailed and accurate, they don't scale with the games-workshop/forgeworld minis. However they do create a beautiful backdrop for scenarios and armies. Altho is it considered cheating using Weta props? :oops:

Sorry for going off topic!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:11 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

I have the Dol Guldur set and it is great! Are you collecting the hobbit holes? Would like to see a gw figure next to one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2020 10:57 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Mapper wrote:
I have the Dol Guldur set and it is great! Are you collecting the hobbit holes? Would like to see a gw figure next to one of them.

Yeah I saw that it does look great! It's one I still want to get myself. I do have the Hobbit holes. Most of them mainly show the front as the back is a solid black wall...with the exception of Bag End. They do look wonderful though and I will be using them to create a Scouring of the Shire scenario. I'm happy to take some photos for you so you can see?

The scaling isn't too bad but since Bag End and the Green Dragon are so large they have been scaled down a bit. They work better as background pieces. The one that scales the best with our strategy battle game is probably the Grond model. Customise a few trolls to push it and use the Great Beasts to pull it, using the orc models to sit on the walkways either side.

The Weta stuff is amazing if you have the money to get it. New Minas Morgul is nice too as it lights up with the deathly green glow. My personal favourites are Orthanc, Argonath, Minas Tirith and Barad Dur...i'm yet to get hold of the stunning Rivendell model. There should be two new environments coming next year as well for the FOTR anniversary.
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:07 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The lack of news is really annoying. Is a bad thing to have a fandom in the air... how can I planning my money in my hobby if I can't even know an approximate release date?? If all companies were as close as GW is with that game i think most of the time people would forget to follow his favourite products.

I was so hyped to back in to the game but due to this lack I dediced to spend my money in another games/ minis so bye for a time... sad
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:12 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I feel your pain. A few more models have slowly started coming back into stock over the last few days. Hopefully it's the start of things picking up again.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:49 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

This announcement dragged me back to BGME. A really good way to involve my kids in the process, them getting the ring to Mordor, me doing what I can to stop them.