All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:51 pm

Post subject: War in Rohan December release?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:52 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I've seen multiple reports that War in Rohan will be a mid-December release. All rumor of course, but seems credible. Anyone hear the same? I am eagerly anticipating this release since they first teased the Rohan houses. I'll be picking up everything because...well because I have to! :D

Hoping we'll see some new sculpts from the Isengard/Rohan armies following the book release. I'd love to see new Eomer and Lurtz sculpts. I would think Eomer would get the plastic treatment, but not sure about Lurtz. Probably some re-releases of Feral Uruk-hai and maybe Wild Men of Dunland in metal?
 Post subject: Re: War in Rohan December release?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:18 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I've heard the same, I reckon you are pretty spot on with your predictions.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:20 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yes please to a new Eomer!

Will also be buying a few houses, and would get Ferals if they are re-released.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:04 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hope so been sorting out some Rohan and Isengard stuff to paint

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:18 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

First new models from the Rohan book ... Aldor and Haleth:
https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -villains/

They look like nice figures ... although my next planned buy is to try to pick up all the new Hobbits for Scouring of the Shire now they're (nearly) all out.

New Lurz would be nice. The old models are good, but feel a bit small for such a powerful character.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:38 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

They'd be pushed to better the Marshal of the Riddermark version mind :-)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:48 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

janner wrote:
They'd be pushed to better the Marshal of the Riddermark version mind :-)

You are so right in that assessment! That is a killer version of Eomer. I'd honestly be happy if they did the same pose, just in high-res plastic. Guess we'll know soon enough...
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:12 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

As the rumors have said, next week up for pre-order

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -and-more/

Picutres of the house and watch tower and it looks like the feral uruk-hai might be coming back.

Be interested in seeing how much the buildings are going to cost, the house looks like it might be interesting for the horse heads alone. Seems too fancy for just a house.

Side question - how come all of Rohan buildings (house, towers, fences, etc) are made of wood but in the movie there isn't a tree to be seen nearby? Rohan deforestation?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:50 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Mapper wrote:
Side question - how come all of Rohan buildings (house, towers, fences, etc) are made of wood but in the movie there isn't a tree to be seen nearby? Rohan deforestation?

Maybe no trees because they used it all up to build their houses, pretty much like the Norse when they came to iceland! ;)
But I would guess there are more (and smaller) forests than the Fangorn and the lack of trees was rather a problem of the locations in New Zealand.

Oh and I'm quite happy to see the Ferals rereleased, I missed them back in the days because I didn't like their Design >< Also I'm curious how much they'll charge for the (quite pretty) scenery.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:24 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Kind of like those Isengard dice.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 4:35 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The pre-orders are up in Australia and soon to be the Western world! There are some really great surprises as well, check out the Uruk-Hai scout command pack. Finally, a chance to get my hands on some coveted models long OOP.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 7:27 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Tempting to get a whole Rohan town will just have to settle on one house, for now. With the re-release of the old models to, it's too much to choose from !

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 8:03 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The stronghold is a good deal, but for that amount of money I could build a lot of terrain or buy some figures.

There are ways to make the houses, and palisades in older magazines - BIGME, source book and available online.

GW has changed something on the palisades vs what they use to show what to make - no stone foundations, just wood. That set would be a lot of drybrushing!

The whole stronghold is giving off a American Wild West vibe to me: Rohan - cowboys and cavalry; Uruk-Hai, Dunland wildmen - American Indians

Will hold off buying anything but the book for now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:41 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

The whole stronghold is giving off a American Wild West vibe to me: Rohan - cowboys and cavalry; Uruk-Hai, Dunland wildmen - American Indians

I had to go back and look again because I wanted to say 'no way', but I actually do see where you are coming from. However, I think the terrain still well fits the 'Rohan' feel...of the movies at least. I agree that a few stone elements to the houses and/or base of the palisades would have been a welcome addition. That being said, I don't have the time (or the inclination) to make an entire Rohan village out of foam, so this set is perfect for me! I'd rather spend that time making an awesome Helm's Deep for myself.

Honestly, I was very surprised they made a kit that actually saved us money instead of simply adding it all up together. Overall, I'm very happy with the releases so far. Wish they'd make enough dice to satisfy everyone, but they never do. Looking forward to see what new models come next!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:48 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Don't get me wrong, I still think it looks good and fits the Peter Jackson Rohan theme. It was just the palisades that looked American west to me. I understand that everyone doesn't have the time, inclination, space or tools to build something similar.

The stronghold kit surprised me too on how much you would save vs individual boxes, definitely not usually the case.

If someone wanted to build Meduseld, the stronghold would be the way to go, looks like you would need to kitbash at least four of the houses (just a preliminary guess looking at the video on https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... h-to-list/ )

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:40 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I agree, the pallisades do have the cowboy feel. Maybe we are more inclined to feel that way since we're both from the states...and have seen too many cowboy movies! I may not have the inclination to build a town, but some don't have the funds to throw at these sets. I'm fortunate to be able to grab a stronghold box with only a couple of extra thoughts...and for that I'm grateful.

Also, just caught a glimpse of the new Dunland models. Can't say I'm not a little bummed that Rohan has no new cavalry but Dunland does. That being said, that army needed some love to be fleshed out, and it seems they've done that. Models look good.

However, where's the new Eomer model?!?!?! I was SO expecting to see that this weekend... :(
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:04 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-2/ confirms 4 houses for the larger building. Only at GW would they make piles of logs made of spare palisade stakes vs sticks, toothpicks, etc.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:59 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Wow...4 Rohan house kits to make that...must be nice to have unlimited access to kit-bash and create awesome stuff for free. Not saying it doesn't look awesome, but that's a lot of cash for one building. I'll probably stick to the smaller structures. I'm not going to complain too much on price...I'll just be happy GW has made more terrain and is back to supporting this excellent game. I'll build what I can out of this Stronghold box and leave it at that. More than enough I think.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:34 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The old Battle Games in Middle Earth mag has instructions on making the Great Hall and other buildings. UKFreddyBear made detailed instructions on making the palisade and towers, if scratch building is your thing.

I was so hoping for a new, dynamic plastic Lurtz and a new Eomer. I scoured that video harder than Sharky did the Shire, but I didn't see any new models. :(

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:34 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Stronghold sold out in UK, limited stock here in US