All times are UTC

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:50 pm

Post subject: Pelennor Fields Unboxing & Review ~ Middle Earth Starter Set
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:01 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Sup Hobbits!!!!!

Finally got my hands on the new starter set this evening (I only just got off a plane from Middle Earth :D) and I dived in and ripper her open. If you want a to have a laugh at me giggling like a kid on Christmas feel free to check out me unboxing video :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra-Qfqf ... xq&index=2

Hope you dudes enjoy it <3

~Hasufel
 Post subject: Re: Pelennor Fields Unboxing & Review ~ Middle Earth Starter
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:11 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hasufel wrote:
Sup Hobbits!!!!!

Finally got my hands on the new starter set this evening (I only just got off a plane from Middle Earth :D) and I dived in and ripper her open. If you want a to have a laugh at me giggling like a kid on Christmas feel free to check out me unboxing video :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra-Qfqf ... xq&index=2

Hope you dudes enjoy it <3
~Hasufel

Will take a look. Should make a video on any rule changes from the last edition. Would be helpful for players who do not have time to read the rulebook. I intend to read mine, but I am sure others would get use out of it...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@ Hasufel: you mention making more trolls out of 'one set' and I think I saw some video where you showed some of your trolls and one or two were made of green stuff for a large part. Do you also have a video or some guideline to work that out? I'm not very bad at using green stuff, but making the whole torso and legs will be quite some work and espacially the legs would be difficult I guess.
I'm curious, because I will have some arms and heads left if the new box arives. So if you have some advice, I will try to work something out like you did (the troll with his arms up reminds me of 'ymca', do you have the 'm' 'c' and 'a' also? ;))
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:24 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

maybe try getting some doublicate legs with bluestuff/instamold?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:25 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

You and I are going to have to have a chat about going to New Zealand in the future. I am dutifully saving my vacation pay until I can go, hopefully in 2021.

What really floored me is how good the rulers look in person. Silly, I know. The scenarios book is also really different to the ones done in the past. And a nice robust box to hold it all. That box is really packed to the gills.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

@Cave Dragon: Thanks dude! Yeah I think I might once these battle reports are banged out :D

Dwarves4thewin! wrote:
Do you also have a video or some guideline to work that out? (the troll with his arms up reminds me of 'ymca', do you have the 'm' 'c' and 'a' also? ;))

I haven't made a video although I always planned to, it was great fun to do. But I did post up a thread with some photos of them painted nad I chatted a bit about the process:
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=33010

And no I don't :D But they would all looks awesome together hahaha :D I will never unsee that now!

GreatKhanArtist wrote:
You and I are going to have to have a chat about going to New Zealand in the future. I am dutifully saving my vacation pay until I can go, hopefully in 2021.

Hell yeah dude! I'm hoping to move over there eventually so if I'm there when you go I can show you some of the sweetest LOTR spots. But definitely happy to let you pick my brain anytime :)

Thanks guys <3 stay tuned for some sweeeeet Pelennor fields batreps coming out starting tomorrow :)

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:07 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

First BatRep is out guys!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lss5Gb ... Negxq&t=0s

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:29 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hasufel wrote:

Oh man! That intro!!!

Impeccable report as always :yay: :yay: :yay:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 2:28 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Cheers dude <3 Yeah it was fun to cut together. Getting the audio blend seamlessly was tricky haha!

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:51 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hasufel wrote:
Cheers dude <3 Yeah it was fun to cut together. Getting the audio blend seamlessly was tricky haha!

~Hasufel

I imagine it was quite a task! It's those extra efforts that make your vids an ''experience'' rather than "just another batrep". Also, your unbridled enthusiasm for the game is super infectious haha 8) 8)

ps. I'd also love to see a video tutorial on your troll conversions if you happen to make a few more :-D
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 2:34 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hasufel wrote:
@Cave Dragon: Thanks dude! Yeah I think I might once these battle reports are banged out :D

Dwarves4thewin! wrote:
Do you also have a video or some guideline to work that out? (the troll with his arms up reminds me of 'ymca', do you have the 'm' 'c' and 'a' also? ;))

I haven't made a video although I always planned to, it was great fun to do. But I did post up a thread with some photos of them painted nad I chatted a bit about the process:
http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=33010

And no I don't :D But they would all looks awesome together hahaha :D I will never unsee that now!

GreatKhanArtist wrote:

Hell yeah dude! I'm hoping to move over there eventually so if I'm there when you go I can show you some of the sweetest LOTR spots. But definitely happy to let you pick my brain anytime :)

Thanks guys <3 stay tuned for some sweeeeet Pelennor fields batreps coming out starting tomorrow :)

~Hasufel

Get me 4 boxes of Troll and I will make that happen... Here is how
Y-arms up
M-bent arms, pointing in. Use mallet hands, pole will touch head.
C-left arm bent across torso, may need to cut with knife, have right arm sticking straight out, model with knife.
A-Same as Y, just use mallets to join at the top.
Naaaa na na na
Y m c a!
Now I just spent around $300 dollars on figs, so another $120 on trolls will not happen,(grey company, cases, box set, Osgiliath armies, paint) and it will be at least 7 months till I get more stuff... Cause, ya know, gotta paint it... And save up again. Expensive hobby... Really stacks up.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:46 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

[quote="Mothball"

I imagine it was quite a task! It's those extra efforts that make your vids an ''experience'' rather than "just another batrep". Also, your unbridled enthusiasm for the game is super infectious haha 8) 8)

ps. I'd also love to see a video tutorial on your troll conversions if you happen to make a few more :-D[/quote]

thanks so much dude. I'm really passionate about having great production values that makes the batreps really immersive so I'm glad you like them :) I'll definitely do one in the future just might take me a while haha :D Too much terrain to finish soon.

@Cave YESSSSSS that would be amazing hahha! I know what you mean though, I'm dropping cash like crazy. New starter set, Kill Team starter set, more hobby supplies for the Arnor board, it really does stack up.

Osgiliath army sounds exciting too!!!

~Hasufel
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:36 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I just found your channel the other day and it is amazing! Everything on it is great, from the tutorials to the bat reps. If you are feeling up to it, I'd love to see you tackle the elven Great Hall, the one with all the wood that sits upon the stone dais.

Paint? Nah, gotta hoard the horde. I have oodles of unpainted stuff. When there's a great item to be had at a great price, stick it away for a rainy day.

You're certainly welcome to come visit if you ever find yourself in the mood to tackle the Canadian Rockies.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:59 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

GKA, thanks man!! I'm glad you like it :D Yeah I'll definitely love to to the Elven great Hall at some point. Working on a massive Pelennor Fields board at the moment, video up soon! :D

I'll definitely take you up on that man! The Mrs will definitely get me to the Rockies in a few years she's really keen to go :D