All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:56 pm

Post subject: Warhammer Community MESBG Rules Previews
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:29 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

I guess eventually they'll have a single page with a directory to these, like they did with the other new games. It's good info though!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-2/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-2/

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... ge-post-3/

Adding more....

https://www.warhammer-community.com/201 ... -game-now/

Last edited by JMCCONNELL05 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
 Post subject: Re: Warhammer Community MESBG Rules Previews
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:14 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Great idea, thanks! :)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 1:59 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

We better be seeing a buffed Amdur!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 3:47 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks for posting the links here. I never visit the Warhammer Community page, so I would've missed this otherwise.

So far, I really like the new rules. They feel thematic and great for matched play and scenarios.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:44 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

All looks good ! Apparently they will have copies of the rules in stores tomorrow so might be worth taking a visit to your local GW as well.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:21 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Apparently, rumours say that Faramir has gotten an extra point of Courage and Will. And Uruk bows are Strength 3, range 18.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:25 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'm really liking the changes so far! Can't wait to pre-order.

Great to finally see the MESBG logo updated on the GW site as well. Exciting times!
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:55 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

burning gaze wrote:
Apparently, rumours say that Faramir has gotten an extra point of Courage and Will. And Uruk bows are Strength 3, range 18.

:D :D :D :D :D

I am delighted to hear that second point (assuming it's true, which I sincerely hope that it is). The rubbish bows for Uruk Scouts has been really irritated me for years; Tolkien is so explicit about them having formidable bows, yet they have the (joint) worst bows in the game!

I'd also love to see Uruk Scouts get Move 7" as standard... I would just really like to be able to field a good and fun Scount army. :)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:31 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

If anyone knows yet: what is the difference between the core rule book and the Armies book? To me, it seems like Armies is more like the Legions of Middle Earth book was, but new and improved. Does the core rule book have profiles for anyone, or just the rules? (Obviously the profiles for the models in the boxed set are included with the boxed set scenarios book.)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:32 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Had a look in it today, the core rule book doesn't have any profiles in it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:53 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Is the Battle Companies book still valid?
Does the new rulebook affect it in any way?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:00 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

GreatKhanArtist wrote:
If anyone knows yet: what is the difference between the core rule book and the Armies book? To me, it seems like Armies is more like the Legions of Middle Earth book was, but new and improved. Does the core rule book have profiles for anyone, or just the rules? (Obviously the profiles for the models in the boxed set are included with the boxed set scenarios book.)

The rulebook has the actual rules, but no profiles or army lists. The Armies of LotR book has all the profiles and points cost for every LotR model, plus all the army lists, army special rules, and the full allies matrix. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 2:02 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

geke wrote:
Is the Battle Companies book still valid?
Does the new rulebook affect it in any way?

The new rulebook does affect Battle Companies, insofar as it provides a new set of core rules. However, Jay or Adam (I can't remember which one, but I think it was in the GBHL Facebook group) has confirmed that Battle Companies will definitely work perfectly with the new rules. :)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

So excited for these new rules and profiles! Afraid my wallet may be feeling it these next few months XD
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:06 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

Thanks everyone^! I guess they are more like volume 1 and 2 of the rules set now.

Poor Eowyn. Just 'cause you smoked the BBEG in the face, it doesn't make you a major hero. Eowyn is still my favorite hero; I can identify with her.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:05 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

GreatKhanArtist wrote:
Thanks everyone^! I guess they are more like volume 1 and 2 of the rules set now.

Poor Eowyn. Just 'cause you smoked the BBEG in the face, it doesn't make you a major hero. Eowyn is still my favorite hero; I can identify with her.

Pretty sure the hero tier isnt based soley on combat prowess, but rather on their actual rank - neither Eowyn nor Pippin were actual leaders. So it dos kind of make sense. Im more concerned about shamans being minor heroes... thats going to cause some issues... though I guess it makes sense.
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:10 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Tyr wrote:
GreatKhanArtist wrote:

Pretty sure the hero tier isnt based soley on combat prowess, but rather on their actual rank - neither Eowyn nor Pippin were actual leaders. So it dos kind of make sense. Im more concerned about shamans being minor heroes... thats going to cause some issues... though I guess it makes sense.

Exactly, from what we know all the leader tier effects is how many follows you can have in a warband, that and who your general is. Eowyn might be on of the best heroes fluffwise but she wasn't taken seriously by the people of her time, at least as a military leader so it still checks out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:48 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

A new preview is online:

The one from Rohan is the strongest I think. But maybe I asume that, because it's an offensive one where the other two showed in the link are not...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:05 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

The +1 strength does look pretty good. Especially for heroes and the Sons of Eorl who get strength 5 all around. They are going to be able to really challenge heavy cavalry and give the light cavalry of Harad and Khand a good thrashing. Fangorn's ability to not have their movement impeded by spells looks pretty powerful too. Fielding them alongside their historical allies with this bonus is going to make them much more viable and provide a genuine edge against trolls. I wonder, though, if Treebeard will remain the only hero in the list or if the ents themselves will be like the mirkwood spiders.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

RainTheZangoose wrote:
Tyr wrote:
GreatKhanArtist wrote:

Exactly, from what we know all the leader tier effects is how many follows you can have in a warband, that and who your general is. Eowyn might be on of the best heroes fluffwise but she wasn't taken seriously by the people of her time, at least as a military leader so it still checks out.

To be honest, I think Eowyn should be an 'Independent Hero'. She never lead any troops, in fact, she wasn't even supposed to be fighting at all, never mind in command of any men.