All times are UTC

It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:32 am

Post subject: Re: Mirkwood Armoured Infantry £40 for 12. - Preorder live.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:28 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The 'battle company' bundles are of the variety that saves nothing but one or two clicks in the webstore.. indeed of little value, but they've done them for years. I can still see them, but they have already moved from the "pre-order" to the "new releases" section.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:49 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

ah thanks, duly spotted! mind you that was quick by GW, normally there's a week of pre-orders before going on full release??

I do agree that it would be nice / appreciated to have some sort of discount offered on buys like this - i've always felt that al firms should give large amount spenders some sort of reward. Maybe if enough people have put words to this effect via the GW survey we may see that in the future?

I've mentioned before that there is a discount on buying the resin warbands as opposed to buying individual blisters - it seems they are already beginning to listen to us. Now if ForgeWorld could do the same for their bundles, it would be very much appreciated, i'm sure.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:29 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

jhk2005 wrote:
ah thanks, duly spotted! mind you that was quick by GW, normally there's a week of pre-orders before going on full release??

I do agree that it would be nice / appreciated to have some sort of discount offered on buys like this - i've always felt that al firms should give large amount spenders some sort of reward. Maybe if enough people have put words to this effect via the GW survey we may see that in the future?

I've mentioned before that there is a discount on buying the resin warbands as opposed to buying individual blisters - it seems they are already beginning to listen to us. Now if ForgeWorld could do the same for their bundles, it would be very much appreciated, i'm sure.

Couldn't agree with this more!! Its actually such a shame because I'd love to pick some Iron Hill Dwarfs eventually (they was in this months WD) but the bundles offering no discount puts me off on princple. Also strangly Thror + Thrain and the Master + Alfrid bundles (which actually DO offer a discount about £4) were supposed to go up for preoder 3 days ago (according to WD and Email) However unless I'm being silly they are not on the site yet. I've noticed the Shire Milita and Archers Battle Company are listed as being Resin? Are they so seperately (you'd assume so) but the Milita and Archers don't say if there metal or resin.
I'd like to get Thran and Thor as well as a pack of Archers and Milita when there all live. This is why GW should offer a discount, if there WAS a discount even if it was only £ or two, I'd have bought the shire bundle but if there is NO discount then why should I!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:55 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I've found with GW listings that the 'old' LOTR era blisters are still metal, unless explicitly stated otherwise in their description. (btw, thrain & thror / master & alfrid are still under the Hobbit pre-orders, along with the battle company book & generals pack)

Even so, GW are 'in a way' giving a discount on the hobbits by keeping them at the same price as the original metal options (£8.20 for 4 models) - with their current move to all-resin models, even a 'price-freeze' in this way could be seen as a good move.

When you consider the complaints they've had at resin's overall higher price for essentially recasting the same models I do believe they are trying to show that they do listen to us. Every small step they take in this direction can only be to the benefit of all of us as well as the company themselves.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:04 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just a quick update folks, i've just noticed that GW are advertising both the Hobbit main rulebooks as a bundle for £21 discount, when compared to buying each separately??

Time for a massive thumbs up to GW methinks - I know most of us probably have these books already, but this could be a very tempting offer to newer players or those needing replacement copies. Credit where it's due, this is a great deal :)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:24 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

That book bundle has been around since the release of There and Back Again I think.. so about a year now. :wink:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:24 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

jhk2005 wrote:
Just a quick update folks, i've just noticed that GW are advertising both the Hobbit main rulebooks as a bundle for £21 discount, when compared to buying each separately??

Time for a massive thumbs up to GW methinks - I know most of us probably have these books already, but this could be a very tempting offer to newer players or those needing replacement copies. Credit where it's due, this is a great deal :)

Oh yeah man if I didn't already have the mini core rulebook from GT and there and back again already I'd be on that bundle.