PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Friday i ordered some gundabad orcs
2 blisters of spearmen
2 blisters of swordsmen
2 blister of captains

Now today i got an email.
Sry but the 2 blisters of gundabad swordsmen are sold out so we can't send them to you

But probably alot of you guys that have ordered the gundabad orc warband on saturday will get the 2 blisters with swordsmen.

So now my thing is what do you guys think of this.
I think this is some ..... of games workshop because i ordered them on friday when they were still in stock on their site so normally i must get them but yeah.

Now i probably have to wait another month before i can order them.

Thx games workshop really
I even paid more then the bundle saturday but yeah
 Post subject: Re: games workshop service is as bad as forgeworld
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:11 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Have you contacted them to get an explanation of how the situation could occur or whether it could not be resolved given that swordsmen should be available?

Also, what exactly does this have to do with Forge World's customer service? And how exactly does it fit in the News & Rumours category?

Last edited by Coenus Scaldingus on Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:09 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

rutger wrote:
Friday i ordered some gundabad orcs
2 blisters of spearmen
2 blisters of swordsmen
2 blister of captains

Now today i got an email.
Sry but the 2 blisters of gundabad swordsmen are sold out so we can't send them to you

But probably alot of you guys that have ordered the gundabad orc warband on saturday will get the 2 blisters with swordsmen.

So now my thing is what do you guys think of this.
I think this is some ..... of games workshop because i ordered them on friday when they were still in stock on their site so normally i must get them but yeah.

Now i probably have to wait another month before i can order them.

Thx games workshop really
I even paid more then the bundle saturday but yeah

Have you spoken to them as I have found them to be one of the best customer service

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:43 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Sorry this happened to you. Hopefully it is a rare thing for you in the future. Always frustrated to be excited to be getting something only to be told it's back-ordered or not in stock.
I've been collecting since 2001 and I've always been really happy with GW's customer service. With the spike in popularity of our game (a good thing), we've been getting fluctuations in inventory. All is I can say is they will get you your stuff. Meanwhile, try and paint that backlog of miniatures you probably have on the shelf!
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:16 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Maybe a silly question to which there's an answer I overlooked, but why not get the Warband instead of the exact same number of figures for more money?

Elves: 1091pts
Mordor: 2305pts
Isengard: 1762pts
Moria: 1463pts
Evil Men: 381pts
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 4:56 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I don't know if you've rung them yet, but could you not ask them to exchange your unopened blister packs of spearmen for a £60 credit note (£30 they owe you and the £30 for the blisters)? I have found them to be quite reaonable & helpful in this respect, so it may work out better for you. I've read in your post that you spent £80 on the blisters, so it may take a little longer than you planned but you end up £20 better off.

In regard the blisters vs warbands, the moulding process for the resin miniatures has been quite problematic, one of the most common being that the moulds are known to deteriorate more rapidly than moulds for metals figures and become unusable meaning more costs to create a new mould; I suspect that what they are doing now is creating new 'warband moulds' that cast all the necessary figures at once, and have simply retired / not replaced the 'blister pack' versions.

I agree that it is really annoying for you to order something, only to be told it is permanently out of stock, but I think we will see a lot more of the resin blisters becoming 'no longer available' as time progresses. In fairness though, I do think GW should introduce a 'stock level' entry for the models on their online store to give buyers an indication of how may are available and avoid situations like this in the future.
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:28 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Had something similar happen friday. Went to my local store to pick up my birthday baneblade - not there. Got an email later that day that thered been an issue at the warehouse and that itd be there on monday. Not terribly happy about that... seems GW are having major production issues atm.
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:20 am 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I would try and return what you have and buy the sets instead to save money.
You can just tell them that you needed all of them but without those packs there is no point.
I agree that it is very frustrating, you want to be able to get the things you paid for.

I don't think we should be making excuses for GW about the molds. They know when they will break roughly.. they should be ahead of the game with stock levels when it is getting near that point so it is bad management and as a result bad service to take peoples money and not provide them what they paid for. (In Australia it is illegal - probably is in many other countries too).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:41 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Hodush wrote:
I agree that it is very frustrating, you want to be able to get the things you paid for.

I don't think we should be making excuses for GW about the molds. They know when they will break roughly.. they should be ahead of the game with stock levels when it is getting near that point so it is bad management and as a result bad service to take peoples money and not provide them what they paid for. (In Australia it is illegal - probably is in many other countries too).

I should explain that it's not making excuses for them regarding the molds, it's a simple fact. The high cost of recasting molds for resin miniatures (& need for more frequent repair / replacement) was one reason GW themselves provided for the equally high cost of their resin miniatures. It is merely just one possible reason I could suggest to our fellow member for the poor service / lack of miniatures, currently being experienced.

The main point really is that it is poor service on their part. No, GW should not be taking orders for miniatures they don't have / have low stock of ; at the least, they should be making alternative offers / replacements to customers without having to be 'chased' to do so. In this particular case, they should have emailed in advance explaining the difficulty & enquire what their customer wanted to do, rather than deciding that for themselves.

Unfortunately this is not illegal in the UK, merely considered 'bad business practice', but their only legal obligation is to offer a refund or credit note if they cannot supply what is ordered.

Without this thread becoming a 'GW bashing' (which I believe is against the rules here?) a lot of members here have had no problems when it comes to contacting them & sorting out problems like this. Just one phone call and everything will be fine :)