All times are UTC

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:13 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Forge World open day news
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:35 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Pretty stoked.. I've been saving up for a bit now. Might not get a huge army of these, probably skip the "twirly whirly," but I'll get at least 1-2 warbands and Dain!

Actually though, does anyone know if we'll have to wait for the big book for their rules or will there be some kind of release with them? Cause honestly that will effect how many I wanna get. They look great but if they're like 15 points or something you cant get very many ect.

P
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:03 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Forge world has a history of releasing rules for models yet to have some published in a book.

Plus at the Warhammer World seminar at doubles it was stated that a pdf would include the profiles and put on the FW site temporarily with these models rules.

Support STF on patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/spillforeningenthefellowship
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:25 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

So.....these are being released at Ardicon?

My question is when can an American buy them......we were told there would be releases in October or is this another UK only thing?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:23 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Yeah I dunno :/ I am hoping they will be preorderable at least by that next week? But who knows.

P
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

The planning was to have the Iron Hills dwarves on general release at the end of this month, which is still entirely possible. They'll be available at Ardacon first because it's the largest gathering of SBG players in the world. Seems like suitable place to kick off the releases of the new Middle-earth team (which is quite something, considering it's not a GW-run event).

Not even sure what you mean with 'UK only thing'; no models are exclusive to the UK. The large and concentrated group of SBG enthusiasts just means it is home to more events which qualify for such support, and this particular one organised by just a very small group of fans of the game, in particular one person who organised it near his own home, which happens to be in the UK. That the Middle-earth team chose to participate in this manner is something I welcome, even when not able to visit and take advantage of myself.
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:47 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

For some reason you seem extremely defensive of Games Workshop and I don't know why.

All I meant by it was there was info before about events only in the UK and discussion of the exclusive model releases there.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 1:58 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

@Lord of the Brown Ring

There are no UK only events models. There are some special models only available at a central store and events (Both Final Fate of the Witch king and Defenders of Rohan is in stock at Warhammer World and was also available at Euro Open day in Amsterdam) This is where we are so far.

there will be events attended by the middle earth team in the US and other countries as well. I can understand you wanting models now, I can understand you wanting it to be available all the time. The interesting thing is that we have wanted to get back certain kits for a long time and now that we have them it is not good enough, there are dozens of hobbyists in Nottingham willing to help fellow hobbyists out by purchasing the special models and shipping them on to you.

So please have patience or contact people in Notts to get them for you. We are a tight knit community and I would rather have models available than not at all (I have every model made, I don't need them but I know people want them and some have been willing to part with 5 times or more their original price on ebay and trade groups) is it not better that they are special and can be bought? I for one think so but that is just my opinion and you are of course welcome to yours.

Support STF on patreon:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:42 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Hi Andreas - are there really box sets of the Defenders of Rohan set still available at Warhammer World right now ? I'm in the U.S. and I emailed UK customer service a couple weeks ago and they told me that there weren't any more of those sets available

If anyone reading this lives in or nearby Nottingham and would be willing to go purchase and then swap, I've got a good sized trade list (posted below). The Defenders of Rohan is one of my most desired sets as the sculpts of Legolas, Theoden, Eomer and Gamling on foot with Banner are some of my favorite sculpts that I'd love to add to my collection. Anyone willing to help me out here in the US ?

Trade list;
viewtopic.php?f=38&t=28291

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:36 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Noticed that GW made some changes to the search engine on their site. Maybe some organizing for the new releases? ^^
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:06 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

As of friday according to the GBHL facebook page there were 4 available at WHW

Support STF on patreon:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:21 pm 
Elven Elder
Elven Elder

There will be exclusive models, but they will only be alternate poses. So you can buy the normal Gandalf, but the exclusive pose of Gandalf doing whatever will only he available at an event.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:33 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

My previous post merely explained the situation and, yes, defended the Middle-earth team before any false allegations were leveled. As said, there are no UK-only models, and there is good reason for models to be predominantly available there, or to get the scoop for early releases. You'll be hard pressed to find me defending GW (not after the end of Warhammer Fantasy and the omnishambles that is Age of Sigmar), but the M-e team are a nice bunch of guys, doing a great job so far. More importantly, the sole reason the game was picked up again and will be supported for years to come was enthusiasm, both in the community and those developing the game. Positivity thus seems a more productive strategy - (constructive) criticism I have no problem with, but not when based on incomplete or faulty information.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:42 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

chranos wrote:
I can understand you wanting it to be available all the time. The interesting thing is that we have wanted to get back certain kits for a long time and now that we have them it is not good enough, there are dozens of hobbyists in Nottingham willing to help fellow hobbyists out by purchasing the special models and shipping them on to you.

You guys seem to be constantly mid interpreting what I say.

1- Those kits are cool(fate of the witch King) etc but I never actually sought them.

So you looping me in with a group that wanted them and now I don't is false.

2-What kind of company forces people to go on Facebook or wherever else and have people take a trip to buy you things and then ship them at insane international rates....lol nah.

When it comes down to it all I want is to know the damn date so I can budget accordingly with the massive amount of other games Im looking into right now. If I know the Us isn't getting them till December I'm fine with that. Then I can go buy other stuff now instead of sitting and waiting for some answers.

Do you guys get that?

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
My previous post merely explained the situation and, yes, defended the Middle-earth team before any false allegations were leveled. As said, there are no UK-only models, and there is good reason for models to be predominantly available there, or to get the scoop for early releases. You'll be hard pressed to find me defending GW (not after the end of Warhammer Fantasy and the omnishambles that is Age of Sigmar), but the M-e team are a nice bunch of guys, doing a great job so far. More importantly, the sole reason the game was picked up again and will be supported for years to come was enthusiasm, both in the community and those developing the game. Positivity thus seems a more productive strategy - (constructive) criticism I have no problem with, but not when based on incomplete or faulty information.

People like you on these forums are so quick to look for those false accusations that you literally are falsely accusing me. How do you not see it....

I'm not complaining about the modems being released now in England. I want a date. I want information. They treat their customers like a kid at family gatherings. Whenever something important is being talked about the put the kid in the other room and say the adults need to talk.

Out of all the companies how many clothes shoes cars tvs etc who keeps us in the dark so much. It's just annoying.

This is all not a big deal. I just want some info.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:44 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

It seems that the ballista is being sold for £50 at Ardacon! Don't know how much the warriors or Dain are yet!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:20 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

£40 for Dain, same for a box of 12 Dwarves.

Less tempted to pick up the ballista at that price and Dain is a bit more expensive than hoped for, but those warriors sure are a relief - at current exchange rates, they're around the same price as blisters of metal figures, and nearly half the cost of the most recent finecast soldiers (and much more efficient to make an army of than e.g. Laketown!).
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:11 am 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Coenus Scaldingus wrote:
£40 for Dain, same for a box of 12 Dwarves.

At current exchange rates to Australia that makes Dain significantly cheaper than foot and mounted heroes from the Hobbit range, and the spearmen are just a few dollars more than grim hammers.
Thats before postage of course, but still those prices look very good from this side of the globe.

Oh I just went and checked what the cost of those is in England. Man I didn't realise we were still paying double retail price here. :(
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 1:41 pm 
Loremaster
Loremaster

Aye, remains to be seen how the exchange rates work out for the final prices - they tend to follow the current trend to some extent, but generally won't be quite as advantageous (in part to keep them in line with other products I guess).

On which note: pre-orders for the Iron Hills Dwarves will be up next weekend. Unlike the miniatures, the book will be available through GW as well.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 2:45 pm 
Elven Warrior
Elven Warrior

I could see $100 for the ballista. I never planned to buy one anyway, but it's great the model is available for purchase. I plan to make my own.

I will likely purchase the dwarves when I'm no longer a student and have some income. :rofl: I don't think their price is unreasonable, especially compared to the Laketown men, as stated earlier.

But 80$ for Dain? He's cool, but not that cool. I'll probably kitbash him from a Warhammer boar and something else.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:35 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

May I ask where you get the numbers from? I can't find any information on their website.
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:37 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Prices are taken from Ardacon event where the models have been on sale throughout the event. sold out already i believe.

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 187 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next