All times are UTC

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:22 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: New Forgeworld Hobbit Releases
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:19 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I just bit the bullet and made my first Forgeworld order.

One of everything they have done so far for the Hobbit... and two sets of the berserkers and ram riders.

I've done my bit for supporting the hobby until October or so. My poor wallet. :shock:

Although I am certain I will love the minis, I dread the cost of those big trolls and the dwarf chariot.
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:58 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

Dead Marsh Spectre wrote:
I quite like the current Treebeard to be honest lol

So do I. Last thing it needs is the FW treatment and a 50% price bump. Resin ain't all that. Back in the day, metal was all we had!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:40 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Seren Nishiyama wrote:
I just bit the bullet and made my first Forgeworld order.

One of everything they have done so far for the Hobbit... and two sets of the berserkers and ram riders.

Good on ya mate! I'm up to date so far aswell :-)

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:14 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

LordoftheBrownRing wrote:
jhk2005 wrote:
btw, if there's any members of GW here... any chance of a FW version of treebeard being released in the future? pretty please!!! :)

You want a resin model, of a model that's already done and out there in a better material(metal)??

For like $150?

sorry, i didn't explain myself properly :oops: ; what I meant was that I would love to see a 'scaled-up' / larger version more in line with the plastic ents available - i've got the metal treebeard & he's kinda dwarfed beside them which seems a shame ; as they've now commenced a 'character series' through forgeworld I just wondered if revising existing models was something GW had in mind for these models? :)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 9:36 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

Yeh that could be interesting I guess. Imagine a FW balrog ...

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:19 am 
Kinsman
Kinsman

What I would like to eventually see is rounding out of other armies.

Numenor Cavalry would be great.
Maybe some more variety for Arnor as well.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:45 am 
Loremaster
Loremaster

jhk2005 wrote:
I just wondered if revising existing models was something GW had in mind for these models? :)
Actually, yes, they are. I don't imagine they necessarily are the highest priority, but the team is certainly considering revisiting some old sculpts when feeling they could improve upon them. Jay specifically mentioned Sauron at a previous Open Day - a nice model as far as I'm concerned, but the level of detail resin offers and the possibilities for a more dynamic pose given the low weight of the material may well produce something even better. Note that this doesn't exclude other additions to the range that may seem more pressing: Sauron would likely be part of a Last Alliance supplement that most certainly will give plenty of attention to those poor Númenóreans too.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:04 pm 
Wayfarer
Wayfarer

If they did that, would they stick closely to the film designs or branch out with an alternative look?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:16 pm 
Ringwraith
Ringwraith

I think they could easily stick with the movie designs and just create different poses which would in the case of TLA modrls be an improvement. An attacking sauron pose would be awesome!

More of my work at

www.ShadowandFlame.co.uk
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:10 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dead Marsh Spectre wrote:
I think they could easily stick with the movie designs and just create different poses which would in the case of TLA modrls be an improvement. An attacking sauron pose would be awesome!

Agree wholeheartedly! That scene just after he's swept his mace across the elves & numenoreans would make an awesome pose! :D
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:20 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I live in the US, and Forgeworld only ships from the UK, so the main drawback I see is that we can't get free shipping like we can on Games Workshop orders. The international shipping charge is 15% so that can add up over time.

A few questions:
1) If Forgeworld is now handling the Hobbit/LOTR SBG, does that mean they will be the ones selling the new sourcebooks also?

2) Has anyone heard of plans to release Dol Amroth Swan Knights on Foot? I remember years ago when they were first released, there was much controversy over their "heroic scale", and yet they were supposedly also LOTR's top selling minis at the time. But I also see that they are no longer in production, so I'm not sure what to think about that. Maybe they will redesign them, or re-release them at some point?
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:24 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

I'll bet you a dollar the foot knights get new noggins.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:38 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

New trolls coming, as well as dwarves with mattocks and command, and Thranduil on Elk!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:39 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Dwarves.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:50 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

geke wrote:
I live in the US, and Forgeworld only ships from the UK, so the main drawback I see is that we can't get free shipping like we can on Games Workshop orders. The international shipping charge is 15% so that can add up over time.

A few questions:
1) If Forgeworld is now handling the Hobbit/LOTR SBG, does that mean they will be the ones selling the new sourcebooks also?

2) Has anyone heard of plans to release Dol Amroth Swan Knights on Foot? I remember years ago when they were first released, there was much controversy over their "heroic scale", and yet they were supposedly also LOTR's top selling minis at the time. But I also see that they are no longer in production, so I'm not sure what to think about that. Maybe they will redesign them, or re-release them at some point?

Hi geke, thought I'd try to answer your questions!

Games Workshop will be releasing any new books and, it seems, plastic scenery. They've brought out and stocked both the new sourcebook - There and Back Again, and the new laketown house kit. They will also be re-releasing OOP models to make sure that every profile has a model to represent it. (So hold off on buying things like Arbalesters and Ferals from eBay, as they'll all be coming back (in the last material they were produced in too!).

Forge World will stock any new playable models as far as we know. In terms of scenery, they've just re-released their old resin Amon Sul terrain set. If any plastic models are announced, I expect GW will release that instead of FW.

However, it seems that FW and GW might soon be combined, in order to fix the mess that is FW's shipping, and to streamline and simplify the ordering process and range composition.

Of course, any/all of this is subject to change as it's just what I've learned by asking!

*Additionally, upon watching Andreas the Norwegian Viking's new video, it seems that resculpts may be in the pipeline!

Last edited by slayeroftrolls on Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:33 am, edited 4 times in total.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:52 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

Just seen the new releases. Wow! Very impressed!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:04 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

So FW is going to release a well-priced plastics-type box and then do the lame 3-packs. That's too bad. Still love the models, just disappointed that the dwarfs with mattocks weren't mixed into the 12 dwarf box.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:58 pm 
Kinsman
Kinsman

omg! I think i just wet myself?! those trolls & thranduil are coming home, woop woop!!
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:49 pm 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Details from the seminar

Support STF on patreon:
https://www.patreon.com/spillforeningenthefellowship
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:38 am 
Craftsman
Craftsman

Thranduil is kinda meh for me. I think the shadow and flame conversion kit is probably cooler.
Dwarves are reasonable although not as cool as the original shield spear set. I really like the troll with the helmet on though. That was one of the few designs I liked from the movies. Reminds me off the moria goblin army from fellowship which actually fits. I think I'll get one of those not sure about any of the rest though.

Bummer no crossbows yet either or goblin mercs, which I still think are pretty cool.

P
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 24  Next